Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
if Martial had Klopp or Pep as managers, he would be a top 10 attacking player already. He's a great finisher and has the ball tide to his feet when he is running at fullbacks towards the left side of the box. those two managers would put him in position where he gets the opportunity to do that while have a shot at goal or having a teammate in a better area where he can pass. Can't do that with Mourinho tactics. His ceiling is not as high as Mbappe or Dembele, but I genuinely think he's the third most talented out of the up and coming attackers.
all I want for France front three in Euro20 is :Martial-Mbappe-Dembouz, but these pragmatic coaches are going to devoid us of that :to:

it doesn't help when he sulks if he doesn't get his way though. hopefully watching Mbappe at the world cup will fire him up.

Le Sulk PTII

:mjgrin:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Germans are incredibly racist toward the Turks, but come on, you're out here taking pictures with motherfukking Erdogan and getting mad at the blowback.

What's happening here is a mixture of people being disgusted by people smiling in pictures with a piece of shyt like Erdogan with German racists piggy-backing on that legitimate criticism to do their racist shyt.
What's the history behind Germany and Turkey?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Jair Ventura is finally gone. His short run was an absolute disgrace. This should have been done during the WC break, but at least his reign of terror is finally over.

ZN35.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
WC 2022 could actually be very good from a quality of play standpoint. The European season will be midway so players should be in tip top shape for the cup.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

I'm not sure what Iniesta provides to this team, he looks like he can't go more than 15-20 mins a game.

:flabbynsick:

It’s a mutually beneficial business relationship. He gets to promote and expand his flourishing wine company into the East Asian market, and Vissel Kobe gets a legend that increases their global visibility while helping to sell merch and tickets. Financially everybody wins.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
And a #10 with a focus on creating needs clinical finishers. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. But as usually the failure of his team is being placed on him when its 10 other men on that pitch. Especially with a team as talented as Germany.

No one brings up a ineffectual Reus, a invisible Werner and Muller and Khedera. How Hector, Boateng and Hummels got exposed....this was a failure akin to 7-1 a total team collapse, as I sad before, outside of Kroos.

The most creative/best players are always the ones to get called out when the team doesn't perform, the most. Happens in all team sports at international level, because you ain't representing a portion of fans you're representing the country, millions of people. Now given some fans will still have loyalties to their local area and if a player's born or played for a rival, they're going to get shyt regardless. Just the tribal instinct of people to hate.

Riquelme
Rai (More of the case he wasn't his brother)
Hoddle
Zidane (Euro 96)
Gullit (Walked out in 94)
Effenberg
Shearer
Rooney
Del Piero
Totti
Raul

All got various amounts of shyt from fans and the media for not "performing" for their country at various stages in their career. Fans/Media don't care about tactics or if a player isn't being played in the right position, it's about winning and players playing with effort/passion, that what fans at international level want.

Unfortunately when things don't go well, stupid people will fall back on the stereotypes of someone's background to discredit them, regardless of it being race, creed, or where they're from within the country. Everywhere in the world does it.