Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
How Barca lining up this season ?

I'm wondering this too...Because unless Coutinho is dropping back to the middle and not on the wing Barca has all these flank players. They've shown no indication that they would loan out Dembele. They could play a 4-4-2 with Messi dropping back underneath Suarez in the attack to make a 4-4-1-1.

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Busquets Rakitic Dembele/Malcom
Alba Pique Umititi Sergi Roberto/Semedo

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I'm wondering this too...Because unless Coutinho is dropping back to the middle and not on the wing Barca has all these flank players. They've shown no indication that they would loan out Dembele. They could play a 4-4-2 with Messi dropping back underneath Suarez in the attack to make a 4-4-1-1.

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Busquets Rakitic Dembele/Malcom
Alba Pique Umititi Sergi Roberto/Semedo
Where does Arthur fit in this also I think Sergi Roberto is gonna go back to the midfeild

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps

2026, it's coming home eh:wow:

#CanadaRed

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Where does Arthur fit in this also I think Sergi Roberto is gonna go back to the midfeild

Arthur is there for cover with Busquets and Rakitic but he won't be in the La Liga/UCL rotation imo. He'll be used for Cup matches...remember Rafinha is back from injury and they can recall Paulinho off loan if need be.

Sergi is staying right where he is. Semedo is good but he and Sergi have both played better knowing that neither one of them is the EVERYDAY RB. And why would Sergi move to the middle when you have Biscuits, Rakitic, Arthur, Coutinho (sometimes), Denis Suarez, Rafinha, and Andre Gomes? Barca doesn't need anymore midfield utility. They need solid full-backs. and RB is already figured out.

Barca get the most out of Sergi in the RB position. He's got a good engine, he classy on the ball, and while he's not the best DEFENDER his tiki-taka training got him used to applying pressure, AND I can't remember CR7 scoring very much against Sergi/Semedo. But most importantly, is Sergi is one of the best in La Liga at making runs out of the back and making smart decisions, there's not many RB's I would trust...but Sergi has been excellent at that.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Brazil has more nikkas than the US breh. More slaves were taken to Brazil than any other place on earth.

The thing that's crazy is that officially, Afro-Brazilians are less than 9% of the population.

Players like G. Jesus, Ronaldinho, Marcelo etc get classified as "Pardo" which is essentially mixed race (black, white, amerindian, etc) but in the US all of those guys would be considered Black.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The thing that's crazy is that officially, Afro-Brazilians are less than 9% of the population.

Players like G. Jesus, Ronaldinho, Marcelo etc get classified as "Pardo" which is essentially mixed race (black, white, amerindian, etc) but in the US all of those guys would be considered Black.

Yup. 1 drop rule doesn't apply to Brazilians which is why cats like Neymar :neymarwtf: go out of their way to say they aint black. But to be fair and perhaps @THEREALBRAND can shed some light on it, but I can't remember anything akin to a "black is beautiful" or civil rights movement coming out of Brazil. But im not sure.

Black and mixed race people combined are like 50% of the country...not to mention the Pardos who consider themselves white....African blood runs through the VAST majority of the country. Its just odd to me as an Black American that is not claimed.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
You got the likes of Wolves and Everton fighting to sign Yerry Mina when he could start right away for Arsenal :stopitslime:

Koscielny coming off a long term injury and I know we signed Papadotrjejsbab from Dortmund but how can we pass up this opportunity if he's available?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yup. 1 drop rule doesn't apply to Brazilians which is why cats like Neymar :neymarwtf: go out of their way to say they aint black. But to be fair and perhaps @THEREALBRAND can shed some light on it, but I can't remember anything akin to a "black is beautiful" or civil rights movement coming out of Brazil. But im not sure.

Black and mixed race people combined are like 50% of the country...not to mention the Pardos who consider themselves white....African blood runs through the VAST majority of the country. Its just odd to me as an Black American that is not claimed.

"Race" in Brazil is a very very touchy subject. Like you said, no such thing as the one drop rule. Also, due to such a large mixed population and the disenfranchising of blacks, people run away from being labeled as black and cling to pardo.

To be fair to Neymar his features lean more Mestizo and European but there is no doubt he has black in him (look at how his hair curls when he grows it out) It's just not as visible as say Robinho, Ronaldinho, or even Paulinho.

Brazil 2019 we coming :wow:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
"Race" in Brazil is a very very touchy subject. Like you said, no such thing as the one drop rule. Also, due to such a large mixed population and the disenfranchising of blacks, people run away from being labeled as black and cling to pardo.

To be fair to Neymar his features lean more Mestizo and European but there is no doubt he has black in him (look at how his hair curls when he grows it out) It's just not as visible as say Robinho, Ronaldinho, or even Paulinho.

Brazil 2019 we coming :wow:

I'ma be for real, when I was younger, I legit thought Robinho was a Baltimore nikka who just moved to Brazil. :laff:
Robinho061115-2.jpg