Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

No one denies Ozil is a good passer still. The problem is that he doesn't offer much else, and in today's game you need more than that from a 10 or a winger.

No one ever said that about Andrea Pirlo :mjpls:

But I forgot he's a flowy haired Italian so he can be "classy" and "brilliant". Meanwhile, Ozil's made a living basically doing the same shyt won a WC and gets called a buncha racist names because he took a picture. An ill advised picture....but a picture.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
So who is attending matches during the US touring season? I'll post whatever video and pics I take when I attend the Barça vs Roma match at JerryWorld(Cowboy Stadium).

Haven't been keeping up much since the WC ended, but I'm excited to possibly see all the new signings for Barça, including the dubbed air apparent to Andres Iniesta, Arthur Melo.

I'm a real fan, so it won't bother me that most of the first team will be on vacay.

I was hoping they'd make their way up to Seattle, but not this year. I'd think the majority of both those teams should be there at the game minus the 4 guys who played in the world cup for Barca.

Hope you get to see the young gawd Kluivert play.

Unless they have prime Eddie Popes and Bocanegras in defense, a three man backline is suicide. We haven't proven that we can produce talent saavy enough to defend with four in the back let alone three.

Either a 4-5-1 that can be shifted depending on need or 4-3-2-1. The 4-2-3-1 is ok too.

Right now, I personally don't see a need to play more than a single striker up top because our pool isn't as deep and talented as it should be. I don't have a preference right now, but Bobby Wood may be the #9 going forward. Altidore, I believe will still be on the squad.

As for the USMNT. These are pretty good short videos on some of the young next generation of players.

https://www.ussoccer.com/RISING
@LinusCaldwell

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
The whole team besides Kroos was flabby. And Low is mostly to blame especially for not bringing Sane. But when you lose major vets like Schwinestiger, Klose, and Lahm...you can tell wasn't no leaders in that whole dressing room.

But Ozil for a flat top as he can be sometimes is totally being scapegoated...the team couldn't score for shyt, they were run off the pitch at every turn. But again, Ozil is sort of right by his statement. Very few have contributed as much to the German national side in the last decade than he has. You could say the aforementioned 3 players and perhaps Muller. Outside of that he's been a MAJOR part of their side tactically and has always been a major reason why they've had success.

Its the same thing Cantona said about the France team. When you win, you're German. When you lose your're a dirty Turk from Gelsenkirchen.

Great post. I just want to add that the DFB gave Low a new 3 year deal so there was no way he was gonna be a scapegoat, since it would look bad on them. Ozil is a perfect scapegoat with his playing style and the fact he's German but not really German:mjpls:. I'm glad Ozil told them to fukk off and called them out. I saw this coming a mile away once they lost to Korea.

We all know if France crashed out of the world cup who would of got most of the blame too:mjpls:.

Last edited:

---

Superstar
Daps

But I forgot he's a flowy haired Italian so he can be "classy" and "brilliant". Meanwhile, Ozil's made a living basically doing the same shyt won a WC and gets called a buncha racist names because he took a picture. An ill advised picture....but a picture.

All facts especially the part about Pirlo.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Pirlo and Ozil don't play the same position. Mesut plays closer to goal.

And the first thing I said was that he don't deserve the racist BS coming his way. But how many times in this thread have we talked about Ozil not showing up in critical matches?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Actually you'll find that by the end of his time at the San Siro, Milan fans had enough of his lackluster effort, of losing the ball and then strolling back, casual as phuck.

And Pirlo played as the deep laying PM while Ozil is the #10.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Pirlo and Ozil don't play the same position. Mesut plays closer to goal.

And the first thing I said was that he don't deserve the racist BS coming his way. But how many times in this thread have we talked about Ozil not showing up in critical matches?

Actually you'll find that by the end of his time at the San Siro, Milan fans had enough of his lackluster effort, of losing the ball and then strolling back, casual as phuck.

And Pirlo played as the deep laying PM while Ozil is the #10.

And a #10 with a focus on creating needs clinical finishers. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. But as usually the failure of his team is being placed on him when its 10 other men on that pitch. Especially with a team as talented as Germany.

No one brings up a ineffectual Reus, a invisible Werner and Muller and Khedera. How Hector, Boateng and Hummels got exposed....this was a failure akin to 7-1 a total team collapse, as I sad before, outside of Kroos.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Ozil's guilty of poor body language. It's horrible but he doesn't get paid for that. He created enough chances to justify his role against South Korea. With the way the game is being played, reliant on quick transitions and having the ability to breakdown deep lying teams you need players like him more than ever especially if you lack an Mbappe or Hazard.

It's an easy cop out to blame Ozil when you set up your team to play like a castrated Spain with no forwards and the pacific ocean between your midfield and central defenders.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Mesut Özil affair: Politicians slam German FA over racism accusation | DW | 23.07.2018

Most German politicians are lining up behind Ozil. I bet the FA gets forced out by the end of the week.

_102648983_rio_twitter.jpg

_102651727_bellerin_twitter.jpg

_102651733_boateng_twitter.jpg

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I didn't realize how cold of a dribbler Martial really is :whoo:

if Martial had Klopp or Pep as managers, he would be a top 10 attacking player already. He's a great finisher and has the ball tide to his feet when he is running at fullbacks towards the left side of the box. those two managers would put him in position where he gets the opportunity to do that while have a shot at goal or having a teammate in a better area where he can pass. Can't do that with Mourinho tactics. His ceiling is not as high as Mbappe or Dembele, but I genuinely think he's the third most talented out of the up and coming attackers.
all I want for France front three in Euro20 is :Martial-Mbappe-Dembouz, but these pragmatic coaches are going to devoid us of that :to:

it doesn't help when he sulks if he doesn't get his way though. hopefully watching Mbappe at the world cup will fire him up.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was hoping they'd make their way up to Seattle, but not this year. I'd think the majority of both those teams should be there at the game minus the 4 guys who played in the world cup for Barca.

Hope you get to see the young gawd Kluivert play.

As for the USMNT. These are pretty good short videos on some of the young next generation of players.

https://www.ussoccer.com/RISING
@LinusCaldwell

What you know about a winger named Carlton that plays for ATL? I’ma need to def see these hopefully promise prospects for the future of USMNT :ohlawd:

Do you think that new GM position created will provide a new more healthy prospect look? :ohhh:

I low key think Juan Ossrio would be a good look for the new manager of USMNT too :mjpls: