Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Partly because Erdogan's successful destruction of Turkish democracy has grabbed more attention from the world in general and partly because Germans are deeply racist toward Turks...but the second one of those doesn't make Ozil taking pics with him any better.

Nor does it mean that racist Germans don't need to find that same energy for white people who pose with Putin. But the criticism of Ozil that isn't focused on popping off racial slurs is still valid.

No where did Ozil say it was wrong to criticize him. He was speaking to the group of people who did it with racist overtones and who tried to blame him for the failure of the ENTIRE team.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Soccer Jerseys Online Sale 1998 France Retro Vintage Zidane Henry Maillot De Foot Thailand Quality Soccer Jerseys Uniforms Football Jerseys Shirt 407174099 | Dhgate.Com

Here is the jersey I got with a link. 17 dollars, took a couple weeks to get here. One of the best replicas I ever got from an off brand site.

:whew: Thanks for the tip. Just copped some Nigeria gear :mjgrin:

So I got them in the post this morning, and holy shyt, they're amazing. These aren't fakes. They came with the Nike dri-fit tags on and everything, the packaging was correct too, the material feels legit. I can only assume it's stolen because the quality is far too good to be a fake.

67ffT8z.jpg

6QhyNoI.jpg

9IXH9DX.jpg

2UoqpJH.jpg

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Both things can be true:

1) Ozil is being unfairly attacked by racist Germans thanks to his Turkish heritage. Those photos with Erdogan weren't a major problem beforehand, and they make no difference now.

2) Ozil's been trash the last couple years and shouldn't be selected to play for Germany in any meaningful competition.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Ozil making it look like a political statement that his game has been declining for years and he’s tappIng out:ohhh:. Dudes always been full of shyt

Both things can be true:

1) Ozil is being unfairly attacked by racist Germans thanks to his Turkish heritage. Those photos with Erdogan weren't a major problem beforehand, and they make no difference now.

2) Ozil's been trash the last couple years and shouldn't be selected to play for Germany in any meaningful competition.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Both things can be true:

I think it's fair to say if he'd been in brilliant form lately, the Germans would have swept that Erdogan issue totally under the rug. :mjplsnazi:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
"When we faced Arsenal, we always played through him because we knew that he is the weak link," Hoeness said.
:mjlol:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Germans are incredibly racist toward the Turks, but come on, you're out here taking pictures with motherfukking Erdogan and getting mad at the blowback.

What's happening here is a mixture of people being disgusted by people smiling in pictures with a piece of shyt like Erdogan with German racists piggy-backing on that legitimate criticism to do their racist shyt.

Gundogan apologized and literally had a full mea culpa, and still got booed to the point of tears by German supporters in World Cup warmup matches.

I dont buy it one bit that this is simply about German defence of Turkish democracy and human rights. We just a had World Cup in freakin Russia, which is worse on all comparable human rights and democracy indicators and football fans were able to rationalize it, yet a one-off photo by Ozil inspires a national meltdown?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Man this is b.s. My man Ozil is being scapegoated. What about golden boy Mueller? Dude has been underwhelming for a minute.

The whole team besides Kroos was flabby. And Low is mostly to blame especially for not bringing Sane. But when you lose major vets like Schwinestiger, Klose, and Lahm...you can tell wasn't no leaders in that whole dressing room.

But Ozil for a flat top as he can be sometimes is totally being scapegoated...the team couldn't score for shyt, they were run off the pitch at every turn. But again, Ozil is sort of right by his statement. Very few have contributed as much to the German national side in the last decade than he has. You could say the aforementioned 3 players and perhaps Muller. Outside of that he's been a MAJOR part of their side tactically and has always been a major reason why they've had success.

Its the same thing Cantona said about the France team. When you win, you're German. When you lose your're a dirty Turk from Gelsenkirchen.