Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Ozil making it look like a political statement that his game has been declining for years and he’s tappIng out:ohhh:. Dudes always been full of shyt

Daps
Germans are incredibly racist toward the Turks, but come on, you're out here taking pictures with motherfukking Erdogan and getting mad at the blowback.

What's happening here is a mixture of people being disgusted by people smiling in pictures with a piece of shyt like Erdogan with German racists piggy-backing on that legitimate criticism to do their racist shyt.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Germans are incredibly racist toward the Turks, but come on, you're out here taking pictures with motherfukking Erdogan and getting mad at the blowback.

What's happening here is a mixture of people being disgusted by people smiling in pictures with a piece of shyt like Erdogan with German racists piggy-backing on that legitimate criticism to do their racist shyt.

He’s been taking pics with Erdogan for years, even back to his Real Madrid days. Why is it an issue now?

Daps
He’s been taking pics with Erdogan for years, even back to his Real Madrid days. Why is it an issue now?

Partly because Erdogan's successful destruction of Turkish democracy has grabbed more attention from the world in general and partly because Germans are deeply racist toward Turks...but the second one of those doesn't make Ozil taking pics with him any better.

Nor does it mean that racist Germans don't need to find that same energy for white people who pose with Putin. But the criticism of Ozil that isn't focused on popping off racial slurs is still valid.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
So who is attending matches during the US touring season? I'll post whatever video and pics I take when I attend the Barça vs Roma match at JerryWorld(Cowboy Stadium).

Haven't been keeping up much since the WC ended, but I'm excited to possibly see all the new signings for Barça, including the dubbed air apparent to Andres Iniesta, Arthur Melo.

I'm a real fan, so it won't bother me that most of the first team will be on vacay.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
US will be good next decade, esp. if they go with a 3-5-2 formation. Have young players, focus on set pieces is key.

Unless they have prime Eddie Popes and Bocanegras in defense, a three man backline is suicide. We haven't proven that we can produce talent saavy enough to defend with four in the back let alone three.

Either a 4-5-1 that can be shifted depending on need or 4-3-2-1. The 4-2-3-1 is ok too.

Right now, I personally don't see a need to play more than a single striker up top because our pool isn't as deep and talented as it should be. I don't have a preference right now, but Bobby Wood may be the #9 going forward. Altidore, I believe will still be on the squad.