Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said.

Karius, 24, was at fault for the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev on 26 May.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

Minutes after that collision, Karius threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, and it rolled home to give the Spaniards the lead

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
@Jmare007

How much you get off Pellegrini? :skip:

Not sure I get the question breh :patrice:

But fukk Peligrosinni's overrated ass :pacspit: the only time my club went to relegation was when that motherfukker was on the bench (his first job actually) :martin:

Thats why he plays for dinamo zagreb or whatever shyt team he plays for now

I blame United for taking him away from us when he was just starting to shine under Sampaoli :smh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Not sure I get the question breh :patrice:

But fukk Peligrosinni's overrated ass :pacspit: the only time my club went to relegation was when that motherfukker was on the bench (his first job actually) :martin:

I blame United for taking him away from us when he was just starting to shine under Sampaoli :smh:

Him, his wife and 2 of their friends were robbed at gunpoint yesterday.

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was coming up, Yaya was World class he had no business taking the midfield reigns over him. Furthermore Yaya could do everything that Busquet's could do and more and if anything they both could have played together but he deemed him to be surplus to requirements after his performances in the season he had. It just doesn't make no sense.
Ibra was World Class, Pep has this IDGAF attitude. It’s much better to be sold to a team that will use him than to be sitting in the bench. He is just salty because he’s not getting a playing time currently.

"If you go to any part of Africa now, people will say, ‘yes, we know him [Messi]’," Toure said. "But when you come to Europe and say ‘Yaya Toure’ people will say, ‘who is that?’ Hmm, wonder why that is

Hmm, wonder why :mjlol::russ:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His agent back when he was in Barca told the press Pep belongs in a crazy institution. Logically it never sat right with me that he prefered Keita or Busquets over Toure and given he played a significant role in the treble win in Pep's first season.

That midfield trio of Toure, Xavi and Iniesta was the best I've ever seen. Why he broke that defies logic.

Selling him at his peak just tells me it wasn't a sporting decision.
Something is of about him.

He benched toure and created the best mid in history. At the time everyone was outraged but in hindsight it was a visionary move, he got stats to back it up.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ibra was World Class, Pep has this IDGAF attitude. It’s much better to be sold to a team that will use him than to be sitting in the bench. He is just salty because he’s not getting a playing time currently.

"If you go to any part of Africa now, people will say, ‘yes, we know him [Messi]’," Toure said. "But when you come to Europe and say ‘Yaya Toure’ people will say, ‘who is that?’ Hmm, wonder why that is

Hmm, wonder why :mjlol::russ:
Ibra didn't work in the Barca setup, that comparison doesn't work at all. Toure was part of a winning team and contributed significantly to the league, copa and champions league take him out and Barcelona are not winning a treble.
His impact was such.

Ibra on the other hand was given ample time and was shown confidence by Guardiola even after having ineffective displays namely the game in the San siro in the semi final of the champions league.

He was slowing the play, didn't offer much movement and Barca as a team lost in attack due to it and when Messi was moved central his days were up justifiably so.

Yaya Toure had a bigger and significant role and even playing out of position in big games delivered.

Pep wanted him out when he came in to coach City clearly this is something personal, shyt is he a racist? No, I doubt that but it's clear he doesn't like him and it has nothing to do with sporting reasons.

He reluctantly played him last season because he was forced to and he delivered on the field and got a new contract and the next season he benches him throughout.

Doesn't add up.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
It's revisionist as hell to say Yaya delivered on the field last season. Yaya legs been done since 14/15. Pep was a gentleman not to move him the second he came to City like he did Joe Hart. Yaya doesnt have the legs anymore to play in Peps midfield.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY