Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Not bad, wish he would have dropped Rami for Laporte but oh well.

I was a tad surprised about Rami as well. I think they might have wanted some experience in the locker room and someone who's a "leader". I gotta feel for Payet. If he wasn't injured he surely would have been ahead of one of the midfielders. I also think their midfield is a tad too defensive. Swap N'Zonzi for Rabiot and it'll be good.

Either way, let's get it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm glad he called up Fekir. Could be the break out star of the tournament.

Yep, Fekir has his moment right now. A win against Nice this weekend and Lyon are in Champs League for next season. If he can follow that up with a solid world cup then dude will be one of the most in demand players come transfer window.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Yep, Fekir has his moment right now. A win against Nice this weekend and Lyon are in Champs League for next season. If he can follow that up with a solid world cup then dude will be one of the most in demand players come transfer window.
He should already be in demand player. I'm surprised arsenal or another big club not go in for him. He is for sure leaving lyon come this summer

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
What comp was there in thr EPL? Che and Ars cant get right for consecutive seasons. Spurs aint never won shyt. The rest of the league stunk it up.

City had it wrapped months ago. The top teams got washed in European play.

Sevilla washed Man U and they are more comparable to Everton in la liga :russ:

Bib, Vil, and Valencia would sit 4-6 if dropped into EPL right now.

:youngsabo:

:pachaha: stop. Bib vil and valencia with sevilla sit their top 8 table because after the major 3, there isnt shyt left. EPL has more parity then La Liga.

I can guarantee u next season La liga will be barca vs real madrid with Atleti breathing down thier necks.

EPL can be city, chelsea, man u, spurs, or liver pool and maybe a surprise team to push for top 5.

U really gotta be stanning La Liga to say other wise.

Edit: i didnt add gunners because god knows how life is gonna be like after Wenger :mjcry:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
La liga is a 3 team league. Them dudes perform better in Europe because they can rotate their squad during league games without much risk and save energy for Europe. Yeah City ran the PL this year but the top 4 was still competitive, relegation was still a battle. So many trash squads in la liga. Alot of trash squads in the PL too but at least some of them spend money and try. Stoke was buying Barca rejects left and right, Southampton is Liverpool's feeder club but at least they re-invest some of the money, Swans always trying to find good cheap players.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There hasn't been a title race since 2014 in England, at this point parity is just a fall back. City and United can buy the type of players that Arsenal , or Spurs cannot but. Liverpool does the one out one in thing. The difference is that Simeone is a better coach than what Spurs,Arsenal and would argue Klopp before he figured things out. Oblak would be the second best goalie in the league and their back 4 as a unit is better than what is available in England, they also have been quite good at identifying strikers going back a decade now with Aguero,Torres,Costa,Falcao