Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I thought Iwobi had a good game, had a quality chance but didn't put it away.

Real Madrid right now :scusthov: they need to get their act together.

Any brehs subscribed to that Tifo Football youtube channel?

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Leaving the stadium right now.

I thought Iwobi had a good game, had a quality chance but didn't put it away.

Real Madrid right now :scusthov: they need to get their act together.

Any brehs subscribed to that Tifo Football youtube channel?
default_lehmann.gif

He's approaching Eboue levels of hate. Needs to be dropped.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Neuer not only is better built no homo but his passing and his ability to play out from the back opens up the field for the rest of his defenders and midfielders to have more space and time on the ball which is something DDG is not able to do and neither Oblak can do that.

This has never been the job of the goalie tho. And De Gea is better than Oblak.
I swear if Pep had De Gea he'll forget all that ball spreading shyt and just use De Gea as he is

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I still don't think it's gonna be a clear cut win for Barca.

Chelsea is gonna step up when the time comes. I'm lowkey more excited about that game than RM vs PSG or Tott'ham vs Juve.

I know barca is gonna have to work for it, but we're making it through to the next round for sure. Everyone should be healthy and read to go, plus Iniesta's gonna be nice and rested now that we have Coutinho; but I could be wrong. It's gonna be a wild game for sure.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Why did Zidane not call up bale, modric and ronaldo against a team that almost beat them in the first leg? :why:

It's gonna be a Barca treble or a Man city quadruple.

If barca do the treble it'll be three within 10 years:damn:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has never been the job of the goalie tho. And De Gea is better than Oblak.
I swear if Pep had De Gea he'll forget all that ball spreading shyt and just use De Gea as he is
it's a HUGE part of the game now at least for teams that build from the back. having your goalie come out playing like a Libero gives an opportunity to have an extra man in defence and the CBS can split in 2 wide. that gives more time and passing triangles for the CDM who can drop back into a back 3 or move slightly up and still have 1 man advantage at the back and in midfield. the wingbacks can move either inside or go up and wide if the GK or CDM has passing range can hit a long pass to them.

that's what made Neuer so different from other goalies, other goalies are great shot stoppers like DDG,Oblak,Courtouis but cant do what im saying which is important for teams that play like that. its not something that can be learned quickly hence why all the ones I named can't do it all the time.