Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Is Espanyol gonna pull a fast one in Copa del Rey tomorrow? :lupe: They already beat Barca in the reverse fixture.

Things aint looking good for Zizou. Even IF RM were to win UCL idk if he would keep his job.

Can you imagine the tension of being a manager of a club like RM :damn:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did Zidane not call up bale, modric and ronaldo against a team that almost beat them in the first leg? :why:

It's gonna be a Barca treble or a Man city quadruple.

If barca do the treble it'll be three within 10 years:damn:

Surprising that Zidane is still there while the fat one they sacked immediately after a terrible start
RM still has a chance against PSG w/o Mbappe
Another treble for Barca if ever will be legendary with 3 different managers

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rafa was done by the 4-0 to Barca and Copa del Ray. PSG is good they are just weak mentally especially against big name teams. They tend to shrink in the big moments. They were good enough to put Barca to the sword with Draxler/DiMaria and then second leg Rabiot and DiMaria put in shocking displays. That Barca team wasn't good enough and it wasn't a surprise that Juve beat them bad. Chelsea's recruitment even with the homegrown stuff in mind is weakening their team and teams will do what they did in Jose's days, just focus on Hazard and dare others to beat you.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
it's a HUGE part of the game now at least for teams that build from the back. having your goalie come out playing like a Libero gives an opportunity to have an extra man in defence and the CBS can split in 2 wide. that gives more time and passing triangles for the CDM who can drop back into a back 3 or move slightly up and still have 1 man advantage at the back and in midfield. the wingbacks can move either inside or go up and wide if the GK or CDM has passing range can hit a long pass to them.

that's what made Neuer so different from other goalies, other goalies are great shot stoppers like DDG,Oblak,Courtouis but cant do what im saying which is important for teams that play like that. its not something that can be learned quickly hence why all the ones I named can't do it all the time.
It’s only a huge part of the game now for teams who play that’s style. DDG and Courtois are not in teams who play that style so it’s not absolutely necessary for them. That’s not to automatically assume they cannot play in that way though.

In addition, DDG mains weakness isn’t passing, he’s actually a great passer for a keeper. His main weakness is he’s not quick off his line. But it doesn’t get exposed much because his team don’t play a high line always and aren’t as compact. He’s improved his aerial command immensely since he first joined but even that can be improved because he’s not quick off his line. He has shown he can play effectively in a high line with Spain though but it’s clearly not his strong suit.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think we've got our wires crossed.:dwillhuh:

I made 2 points. Jose can utilise great attacking talents like Sanchez so you saying they wont fit was what i disputed. I never said he was good with young players, in fact I've repeatedly said he isnt. 2nd point I made was that Pep inherited a better squad of players than Jose. I'm not sure these 2 things can be disputed. I'll never argue that Pep isnt better because the facts and record speak for themselves. He's better than Jose but my 2 points stand.:yeshrug:

That's my argument...he didn't. And its been made clear that he didn't because he offloaded a shyt ton of players and brought in even more. If Pep woulda came in with Martial, Pogba, Ander Herrera, Juan Mata, Lingard, etc. I think he wouldn't have had to bring in 200 million worth of players...

And Jose CAN use attacking talent...he doesn't always...people forget dude had the greatest pure attacker of the modern game in CR7 and didn't win UCL. :manny:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wenger. This fukking nikka just makes it hard to be sacked :laff: :laff:
If he's failing somewhere, he's succeeding elsewhere
PDFMnHV.png

v6X7zmU.png
UQbMiNh.png