Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Lassana Diarra just moved to PSG.
How is this breh just 32 years? :ohhh:
Breh seems to have been playing for ages
How do you move from Al Jazira to PSG? :ohhh:

Dude has the GOAT agent. I mean he once moved from Portsmouth to Real Madrid.

And 32, you know them African players be having a real age and a soccer age :mjpls:.

My boy Taye Taiwo was like 28 for the longest :mjpls:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Nah, no ones stopping Citeh.

And I'm telling you Sanchez is an amazing player but he's not gonna thrive in Jose's system unless he makes some serious changes. If ManU go through a dry spell, Sanchez could very well cause a rift in the dressing room. His arrival already has the other players up in arms over his wages.

ManU will be fine sure...but its not about the money its about the man you are getting for it.
Obviously no one is catching City this season but its ridiculous to suggest Jose can't make Sanchez play well. Jose has had many great attacking talents in his career and they've done extremely well so I'm not sure where this idea comes from.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Obviously no one is catching City this season but its ridiculous to suggest Jose can't make Sanchez play well. Jose has had many great attacking talents in his career and they've done extremely well so I'm not sure where this idea comes from.

I also said they would be fine. Its ManU of course they'll be fine. But I think Sanchez was a "just because" buy. Does he make the team better, yeah. But did they need him? More importantly did they need him for HALF A MILLION DOLLARS A WEEK? No. I just don't see what the point of buying him at that was considering they are in 2nd and he's what 29?

When you have a great talent in Martial, a potential talent in Lingard who both should be getting as much play time as possible. I just don't think Jose has an eye for young talent personally. ManU have young, talented core that could make runs in the league for MANY years to come. But now you run the risk of losing at least one of your young players and perhaps one of your dressing room vets like Juan Mata.

He sold a young De Bruyne, a young Lukaku, a young Bonucci, a young(er) Robben, a young, underdeveloped Salah, a young Juan Mata....

He's a winning manager no doubt, but with ManU's deep history of creating young cores that can make championship ERAS not years...it just doesn't seem to fit with the model that made the club so successful in the first place.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I also said they would be fine. Its ManU of course they'll be fine. But I think Sanchez was a "just because" buy. Does he make the team better, yeah. But did they need him? More importantly did they need him for HALF A MILLION DOLLARS A WEEK? No. I just don't see what the point of buying him at that was considering they are in 2nd and he's what 29?

Yes actually, he’s exactly what their team has been missing. There is still a disconnect in the Man Utd attack and an immaturity about it. Martial is an incredible talent but he still shows some immaturity and inconsistency which is expected I guess but the landscape is different now. Jose cannot afford to depend on Rashford,lingard and Martial. Sanchez is required to help these guys but also did the team out of trouble.

When you have a great talent in Martial, a potential talent in Lingard who both should be getting as much play time as possible. I just don't think Jose has an eye for young talent personally. ManU have young, talented core that could make runs in the league for MANY years to come. But now you run the risk of losing at least one of your young players and perhaps one of your dressing room vets like Juan Mata.

No one will pretend that Jose develops young talent because he doesn’t but the game as moved on. It’s much harder to depend on talented youngsters when there’s no longer a top 4 but a top 6. With everyone having tongs of money to spend.

He sold a young De Bruyne, a young Lukaku, a young Bonucci, a young(er) Robben, a young, underdeveloped Salah, a young Juan Mata....

He's a winning manager no doubt, but with ManU's deep history of creating young cores that can make championship ERAS not years...it just doesn't seem to fit with the model that made the club so successful in the first place.

Reality is he didn’t inherit that good a squad. He got a great keeper, Martial, some ok defenders and ok overall squad so he’s had to fix it the best way possible and quickly. Zlatan, Sanchez etc is pretty much his only chance.

Can you really compare to what Pep inherited?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Depends on which Pep we talking about.

In Barca, totally...but also consider he had been a part of the organization for the better part of 20 years. Not to mention promoted Busquets, who might be one of the three the most important Spanish footballers of a few generations along with Xavi and Iniesta. And Pedro who was part of the Messi-Pedro-Villa front three that put 100 points on La Liga and won UCL that year...an eye for YOUNG talent.

In Man City not so much...
They both essentially have blank checks to do what the fukk they want. Pep, statically and tactically wins the head to head. But he inherited a bunch of old dudes, Aguero and David Silva. ManU was much more set up for the future and then Pep came in and over two seasons signed Sane, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Raheem Sterling, Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Mendy....

That's damn near a whole new starting 11....what inheritance?

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Depends on which Pep we talking about.

In Barca, totally...but also consider he had been a part of the organization for the better part of 20 years. Not to mention promoted Busquets, who might be one of the three the most important Spanish footballers of a few generations along with Xavi and Iniesta. And Pedro who was part of the Messi-Pedro-Villa front three that put 100 points on La Liga and won UCL that year...an eye for YOUNG talent.

In Man City not so much...
They both essentially have blank checks to do what the fukk they want. Pep, statically and tactically wins the head to head. But he inherited a bunch of old dudes, Aguero and David Silva. ManU was much more set up for the future and then Pep came in and over two seasons signed Sane, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Raheem Sterling, Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Mendy....

That's damn near a whole new starting 11....what inheritance?
Well he didn't sign Debruyne and Sterling for one. He inherited them. Also aguero is 29. Silva just turned 32.
Thats a core of his best players already part of the team.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Well he didn't sign Debruyne and Sterling for one. He inherited them. Also aguero is 29. Silva just turned 32.
Thats a core of his best players already part of the team.

You are right on that...but my point still stands. Out of 11 possible starting players 4 aren't "his". That's a MASSIVE personnel turn around for ANY club. And Silva is OLD...29 for a striker is approaching OLD.

Look at how Jesus, Sane, KDB and Sterling link up. Amazing dynamic SYNCHRONIZED attacking play. Not ONE of them is older than 26...stop tip-toeing around the point. Jose doesn't develop young talent. Pep is better at it and his teams have been better because of it.

Yeah, dude inherited a team when he's brought in literally more than half of his starting 11 in the past calendar year. Get this homer bullshyt outa here breh. :camby:

Has Mourinho ever developed a young talent

No he hasn't and he won't which is why Pogba hasn't seen the heights he did in Italy (albeit its a tougher league, i'll concede that), why Rashford's progress has been stunted. Martial and Lingard are just now catching fire and one of them is going to have to sit down in favor of Alexis. Like I said, this may have ManU competitive for the next couple seasons. But you really think players like Pogba and Lukaku are going to tolerate Alexis pissing and moaning all over the pitch when he doesn't receive a pass? When he's making DOUBLE what the most expensive player in England is making per week? In the long term, I think it may hurt them.

That shyt might fly at Arsenal (who I will admit are SOFT) but not in Manchester...sorry. :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He fractured his foot in week 2 :what:

One season doesn't take away from the fact dude been far and away the best keeper on earth for at LEAST 4-5 seasons.

:mjlol: DDG has been his equal for at least the past 2 seasons.

Neuer has played about 5 games since April 2017, where he originally done the injury. He's been injured for about 300 days.