Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Not related to soccer, but I’m watching a Manchester United replay on ESPN3 and I see that Chevy is their main sponsor.

Are there chevys in London? :patrice:
I assumed since we only have luxury Euro cars over here then y’all dont have the everyday shyt that we drive

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Not related to soccer, but I’m watching a Manchester United replay on ESPN3 and I see that Chevy is their main sponsor.

I assumed since we only have luxury Euro cars over here then y’all dont have the everyday shyt that we drive
I'm not British (I'm American) but based on what I know...there aren't many Chevys on the road in the UK.

Soccer sponsorship is based on getting your brand more recognition in a place where it's relatively unknown.

"Fly Emirates" (Real Madrid, PSG, Arsenal), "Rakuten" (FC Barcelona), "AIA" (Tottenham), "Chevrolet" (Man. United), "Etihad Airways" (Man. City), "Standard Chartered" (Liverpool), "Yokohama Tires" (Chelsea), "Jeep" (Juventus), etc.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

I read something a while back that said that close to 60-70% of Chevy's new car sales were from the foreign market. They've had issues in the European market for years, but you have to remember Man U is one of the biggest clubs globally. So people throughout world are seeing the Chevy logo when Man U plays. They've done really well in China and other parts of Asia recently, and historically they've been very successful in Latin America. Those are places where they see a real benefit from the sponsorship deal.

It's not like Liga MX, Brasilerão, or less global leagues where the sponsors and advertisements are more localized to the country.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I read something a while back that said that close to 60-70% of Chevy's new car sales were from the foreign market. They've had issues in the European market for years, but you have to remember Man U is one of the biggest clubs globally. So people throughout world are seeing the Chevy logo when Man U plays. They've done really well in China and other parts of Asia recently, and historically they've been very successful in Latin America. Those are places where they see a real benefit from the sponsorship deal.

It's not like Liga MX, Brasilerão, or less global leagues where the sponsors and advertisements are more localized to the country.

Damn didn’t know China had Chevys..I was stationed in Japan and the Philippines a while back I only saw Asian manufacturers I assumed China was like that as well.

Are premier league tickets expensive? I wanna go to London next year and go to a game

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Damn didn’t know China had Chevys..I was stationed in Japan and the Philippines a while back I only saw Asian manufacturers I assumed China was like that as well.

Are premier league tickets expensive? I wanna go to London next year and go to a game

Yeah, GM as a whole is big in China. They're the biggest car brand there behind VW AG.

The only game I've been to in Europe was an Atletico game years ago, but I wouldn't imagine the prices would be that vastly different for the Premier League. It was about what you would expect to pay for good seats at an NBA game.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

I want visit to London within the next 4 years and attend a Premier League match as well.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
man, fukk arsenal.
i just found out the result from the liverpool game.
i'm done watching football for a while.
fukk these incompetent motherfukkers.
out!!