Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Hey new member here. Glad to see a thread about football :blessed:

It seems like North African countries are going to overly represent Africa in Russia...
Senegal has a lot of French players who couldn't make the France A team, but it's no way near to these Maghrebis teams who have sometimes more than 50% of foreign born players.
I believe in the near future sub Saharan teams will have more and more dual citizens playing for them, mainly from France but also from England and Belgium.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
All these african teams that get sent under perform and get the boot in the stage group. They better show off this WC otherwise we might have to flat top Africa brehs :francis:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Watching Nigeria play Algeria yesterday knowing we had already qualified was great. I watched the game with no nervousness or tension:ahh:

I was still nervous about Balogun or Troost getting unnecessary cards which could make them miss the world cup opening. Especially with the way Brahimi wanted to fight everyone. Good thing Mikel didn't play.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God help Paolo Guerrero if Peru don't make it to the World Cup. I know they played in New Zealand but there was no reason as to why they are leaving with a tie.

Sucks it had to be them but still fukk Guerrero.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Bruh, of the 5 African countries that qualified only 2 are SS African (NAIJA!!! and Senegal)

Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana disappointed big time.

CAF needs at least 7 spots for the WC.

My Naija boys are in though :blessed:

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Bruh, of the 5 African countries that qualified only 2 are SS African (NAIJA!!! and Senegal)

Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana disappointed big time.

CAF needs at least 7 spots for the WC.

That's why SS Africa needs its own zone IMO. You put North and East Africa together in a new Middle Eastern Zone and merge Oceania with Asia. But UEFA will probably oppose it...

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Brussels riot after Morocco football win

_98719881_amsterdam.jpg

"Brussels riot after Morocco World Cup qualifier win". Basically celebrations turning violent. Similar scenes in France and in the Netherlands but not in Morocco.

These "violent" scenes are common in France during the WC and during the Africa Cup of Nations, especially when a Maghrebi team is doing well. Now I have a question for AA and UK breh. I don't see this happening in the UK or the US (pardon my ignorance if it's not the case).
I know laws are more strict over there but anyway, what would happen if let say Mexican-Americans or Nigerian-Brittish would start burning cars/breaking shops/looting when their parent's team win? What would you think of this and how do you think media and people would react?

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
That's why SS Africa needs its own zone IMO. You put North and East Africa together in a new Middle Eastern Zone and merge Oceania with Asia. But UEFA will probably oppose it...
Not really.

We (SS African) have benefitted from its current implementation for years. Just because we’ve been seen NS African teams coming up doesn’t mean we should change things.

It’s based on continents and it’s as fair as it is

• Dap
Reactions: Dip