Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That's why SS Africa needs its own zone IMO. You put North and East Africa together in a new Middle Eastern Zone and merge Oceania with Asia. But UEFA will probably oppose it...

I think a bigger thing should be increased representation. I think Africa should have at least 7 teams that qualify for the World Cup

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
The world cup will be expanded to 48 teams for 2026 so CAF will get more spots then. The truth is the North African teams deserved to qualify this time around. Ivory Coast couldn't beat Morocco, their fate was in their own hands. They simply aren't good anymore since the old guards retired.

Ghana aren't as good as Egypt. Their qualifying group was almost the same as their nations cup group. Ghana, Egypt and Uganda were all in the same group on both occasions and Egypt topped the group both times.

DR Congo dropped the ball against Tunisia, they were 2 goals up in the second half of thier double header and they let Tunisia score twice to draw the game. That was the moment they missed the world cup.

The only thing that was fukked up in these CAF qualifiers was group B. Having Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia in the same group was just bad for the whole continent. 3 of the last 4 winners of the nations cup were in that group. To be honest Zambia would have qualified if they were in the same group as Tunisia or Morocco. Even Cameroon might have qualified from those other groups.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
The only thing that was fukked up in these CAF qualifiers was group B. Having Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia in the same group was just bad for the whole continent. 3 of the last 4 winners of the nations cup were in that group. To be honest Zambia would have qualified if they were in the same group as Tunisia or Morocco. Even Cameroon might have qualified from those other groups.
And we won it with a game to spare :jawalrus:

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Not really.

We (SS African) have benefitted from its current implementation for years.

How SS Africa has benefited from it? I don't see it. Especially when FIFA gives WC spots for irrelevant football nations from North America or Oceania. Football runs in the blood of Africa, not rugby, baseball or cricket...
You also have Asian countries (geographically) in the UEFA zone just because they are white nations or have western culture.

Even if I like the idea of 7 spots, you can still end up realistically with 4 NA countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt), South Africa and just 2 SS countries. I say realistically because these countries tend to be more developed, have descent local leagues and have better sport structures. I think in the future they will have an advantage in the qualification process because of this.

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Why the fukk would you riot because your team won

It's only a minority of second generation Africans who do this but it's recurrent. It's a way to show how hard you represent your roots in being anti Belgium/France/... anti-West or anti-system. The ones who integrate or compromise tend to be seen as sell outs by the street.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
It's only a minority of second generation Africans who do this but it's recurrent. It's a way to show how hard you represent your roots in being anti Belgium/France/... anti-West or anti-system. The ones who integrate or compromise tend to be seen as sell outs by the street.
Makes no sense...wouldn’t happen in the States