Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Faneto4

Banned
Daps

But Real Madrid had their ban lifted for doing the same thing :simeone:

No Lacazette, no Costa, no Sandro, we get nobody
5sK7GIX.png

2018 :picard:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i dont see any hope for arsenal unless they spend tbh..they need a lot of new players..atleast 4 Lacazette wouldn't be enough... yall in for sum rough times..and why is giroud still a thing
and theo walcott ...i cud even name a few more.

Giroud is a top quality impact sub. As you can see in terms of the FA Cup. He brings something that Arsenal doesn't have which is size in the box, excellent with his head and great one touch distribution in the box. Do I need that for 90 minutes? Nah. But I wouldn't deal him away, he's been much too consistent. Theo on the other hand GOTTA go. Lucas Perez gotta go. Callum Chambers GOTTA go. Jack Wilshire GOTTA go.

Well said. Some good points.

I wouldn't give up home of keeping Alexis yet though. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there aren't many realistic options out there for him if he wants to go to a contending team, play regularly, and get paid like crazy.

I think PSG is the biggest threat. They can provide regular Champions League football and have the wage structure to pay him top dollar. Bayern is another strong option if Sanchez is willing to play on his current wages.

We will see. If we go by what Wenger has said recently then Alexis will be with the team next season. Time will tell.

Alexis is gone breh. Bayern already dropped their offer. But PSG will look to pair him with Aubamayang. With those two playing with Cavani and in front of Matuidi and (if he stays) Verratti...PSG becomes a TRUE Champions League contender.

No one is going to pay Ozil's transfer fee so unless Arsenal win the league or re-qualify for CL next season he's gone on free transfer next season.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
i dont see any hope for arsenal unless they spend tbh..they need a lot of new players..atleast 4 Lacazette wouldn't be enough... yall in for sum rough times..and why is giroud still a thing
and theo walcott ...i cud even name a few more.

I disagree man. If Ozil and Sanchez stay and Wenger can bring in 1-2 big impact players (we need that striker) then I think we are good to go. We have a very balanced team.

I would argue that our squad is further ahead than United (where do the goals come from if Zlatan leaves?) and Liverpool (no depth. Team was burned out in the second half of the season... and all of this without European football).

Let's see what the transfer window brings. City is about to spend a boat load of money. So is United. If all of their signings pan out then the rest of the league could be in trouble. I have faith though lol

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
if Sanchez was smart he will leave... matter fact he should..he was bought on a sinking ship with no other reinforcements...u got ex arsenal players talking about this team not having a back bone and they are 100% correct...spurs have a future because they have young talent....even if they leave, they are looking at huge profits...nobody checking for a arsenal player except ozil lazy ass and sanchez ..im far from a arsenal hater.... but doing the same shyt over and over is called insanity..

Arsenal aren't a sinking ship. This is the lowest we have finished in 20 years.

We can go back in forth on Spurs having assets based on their young talent (Kane, Ali, etc). And if forced to sell they would generate a lot of funds. But if that money isn't spent on the right players then it doesn't mean anything.

I won't hate on the talent though. Excellent young squad that plays well together. If Spurs can maintain that they will be very dangerous for years to come.

But they are Spurs after all and will find a way to fvck it all up. So I am good with that :lolbron:

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Giroud is a top quality impact sub. As you can see in terms of the FA Cup. He brings something that Arsenal doesn't have which is size in the box, excellent with his head and great one touch distribution in the box. Do I need that for 90 minutes? Nah. But I wouldn't deal him away, he's been much too consistent. Theo on the other hand GOTTA go. Lucas Perez gotta go. Callum Chambers GOTTA go. Jack Wilshire GOTTA go.

I wouldn't give up on Chambers yet. He is still young and has potential. He didn't do badly with Boro this past season. I agree with the rest of the list though. Especially Theo. His time has been up.

Alexis is gone breh. Bayern already dropped their offer. But PSG will look to pair him with Aubamayang. With those two playing with Cavani and in front of Matuidi and (if he stays) Verratti...PSG becomes a TRUE Champions League contender.

No one is going to pay Ozil's transfer fee so unless Arsenal win the league or re-qualify for CL next season he's gone on free transfer next season.

Bro, Bayern can't afford his wage demands (if reports that he wants £300k a week are true). So unless Alexis is willing to play for much less then it isn't happening.

PSG on the other hand is a concern...

And no way is Ozil leaving on a free. That just doesn't happen with big name players in football. If he refuses to sign then he will be sold. I believe he is staying for sure though. I would argue he is a lock and Alexis can go either way.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Mourinho back :wow:

I think an english team is gonna win it. Football goes in cycles.

None of the english teams good enough to match wit the likes of Juve, Madrid & Bayern who will also also spend big this summer

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
I disagree man. If Ozil and Sanchez stay and Wenger can bring in 1-2 big impact players (we need that striker) then I think we are good to go. We have a very balanced team.

I would argue that our squad is further ahead than United (where do the goals come from if Zlatan leaves?) and Liverpool (no depth. Team was burned out in the second half of the season... and all of this without European football).

Let's see what the transfer window brings. City is about to spend a boat load of money. So is United. If all of their signings pan out then the rest of the league could be in trouble. I have faith though lol
zlatan wants to stay at united:myman: ...ur club ahead of united and liverpool:mjlol: ...ur deluded but i couldn't expect anything less...you honestly think ur gonna have a better season next year ...arsenal is full of spineless players when are u gonna admit that:gucci: arsenal fans are bunch of evil people watching Sanchez suffer all season...to turn around and say lets re sign him:krs: and then sign some farmers to play him with:damn: wtf...... Sanchez was arguably the best striker this season..and yall won the fa cup :childplease:while my team which u claim urs are ahead won that last season with a 19 yo our best player..:mindblown:
rinse repeat that's arsenal...top fowards want to win the league and play champions league and arsenal wouldn't be doing any of that ..you guys are a laughing stock i hope u know:therethere:

Last edited:

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
Bro, Bayern can't afford his wage demands (if reports that he wants £300k a week are true). So unless Alexis is willing to play for much less then it isn't happening.

PSG on the other hand is a concern...

And no way is Ozil leaving on a free. That just doesn't happen with big name players in football. If he refuses to sign then he will be sold. I believe he is staying for sure though. I would argue he is a lock and Alexis can go either way.
Zlatan was free :usure: and contributed more this season than ozil ...different position i know..but impact is impact

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
zlatan wants to stay at united:myman: ...ur club ahead of united and liverpool:mjlol: ...ur deluded but i couldn't expect anything less...you honestly think ur gonna have a better season next year ...arsenal is full of spineless players when are u gonna admit that:gucci: arsenal fans are bunch of evil people watching Sanchez suffer all season...to turn around and say lets re sign him:krs: and then sign some farmers to play him with:damn: wtf...... Sanchez was arguably the best striker this season..and yall won the fa cup :childplease:while my team which u claim urs are ahead won that last season with a 19 yo our best player..:mindblown:
rinse repeat that's arsenal...top fowards want to win the leagues not the fa cup..leave that for the kids:heh:
:laff::laff::laff:

The legendary Zlatan carried United all season.

Who else in that squad excluding De Gea impressed consistently????

Rashford is a future star in my opinion but he didn't get the consistent game time since Zlatan was brought in.

Martial has been pushed to the outside after an impressive first season at OT (poor management).

Pogba is a special player and should showcase that more in his second season back in the premiere league.

But who else? Mata? Is that who is carrying you back to the glory days? Lingard :scust:

Your defense is trash. Your team isn't built to play that garbage brand of football your manager desires.

And how can you laugh at the FA Cup when your team won the EFL Cup :gucci:

Oh I'm sorry, were you referring to The Community Shield when you spoke about major trophies? :russ:

Be serious bro.

I am glad fans are excited to finish 6th after spending damn near £200 mil in the summer though. Very impressive :laff:

Spend more than the GDP of some countries just to finish 6th brehs

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would argue that our squad is further ahead than United (where do the goals come from if Zlatan leaves?)

:mjlol: Man utd can spend money & actually do, Arsenal buy medicore players for cheap to make sure Kroenke gets his profits at the end of the season.

There are many star strikers available at this current window. If Arsenal dont make a move they foolish

Belotti, Morata, Lukaku, Griezman, Mbappe, even fukkin Rooney lol

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: Man utd can spend money & actually do, Arsenal buy medicore players for cheap to make sure Kroenke gets his profits at the end of the season.

There are many star strikers available at this current window. If Arsenal dont make a move they foolish

Belotti, Morata, Lukaku, Griezman, Mbappe, even fukkin Rooney lol
This Guy is delusional..but somehow entertaining...arsenal fans act just like wenger :francis:

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Zlatan was free :usure: and contributed more this season than ozil ...different position i know..but impact is impact

Zlatan is the rare exception.

Let's not act like big name players are moving on free transfers on a regular basis now.

So if you know they play different positions why compare Zlatan to Ozil???

Why not compare him to Sanchez??

Oh, that's because you wouldn't have had an argument then lol.

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
Zlatan is the rare exception.

Let's not act like big name players are moving on free transfers on a regular basis now.

So if you know they play different positions why compare Zlatan to Ozil???

Why not compare him to Sanchez??

Oh, that's because you wouldn't have had an argument then lol.
cuz ozil might stay first ...if sanchez is smart he's leaving
Zlatan is a ledgend..think im scared to compare him to sanchez :mjlol:

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
our defense is better than arsenals...eric bailly is a beast also valencia had a great season ..

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal aren't a sinking ship. This is the lowest we have finished in 20 years.

We can go back in forth on Spurs having assets based on their young talent (Kane, Ali, etc). And if forced to sell they would generate a lot of funds. But if that money isn't spent on the right players then it doesn't mean anything.

I won't hate on the talent though. Excellent young squad that plays well together. If Spurs can maintain that they will be very dangerous for years to come.

But they are Spurs after all and will find a way to fvck it all up. So I am good with that :lolbron:
Arsenal are finished & you dont even see it. Tottenham have taken Arsenal's place. Tottenham are a young team with talented players playing exciting football. They played the best football last season, they been consistent the past 2 seasons. Remember they are team not expected to be winning titles but they are there fighting