Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Nah but fr Aubameyang and Dembele need to fall back and let my young eritrean homie shine :martin:

Borussia-Dortmund-Unveils-New-Signing-Alexander-Isak.jpg
Seen some of his highlights. I think Dembele can turn him into a star like he did Auba:jbhmm:

• Dap
Reactions: JDH

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Juventus join race to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny after impressive campaign with Roma
Juventus have joined the race to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny.

The Poland international, who spent Wednesday with wife Marina Luczenko, has been on loan at Roma but they have not secured a buyout option.

That has opened the door for other Italian clubs who are keen to sign the 27-year-old who will leave Arsenal this summer. Arsenal want £17.5million for Szczesny while it is understood Juventus are offering around £14m and Napoli £12m.

AC Milan are also monitoring developments as they try to secure Gianluigi Donnarumma to a new contract.

The lure of Juventus is tempting for Szczesny but he knows Gianluigi Buffon will play at least one more season and acting as understudy could cost him a place at the World Cup with Poland next summer.

Szczesny had an impressive season at the Stadio Olimpico, playing every minute of every game in Serie A and keeping more clean sheets (14) than any other goalkeeper in the division.

If I was Roma I'd do everything in my power to keep him. I know they spent a decent amount last year on Alisson, but you don't get rid of a solid keeper to hand the reigns over to someone that hasn't performed nearly as well. Not even putting their hat in the race is huge mistake on their part.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yall need players..and its looking like a chore to keep players...that's a FACT hating on arsenal is:deadhorse:

where these spurs fans ur talking bout :why:im a united fan so that trophy argument :russell:spurs future is still looking way brighter than arsenal cuz they spent some money now there investments are paying off :manny: u cant feel a type a way cuz everyone been figured out y'all lack ambiton.:beli:

Spurs weren't paying for a new stadium in the wave of the first big financial boom. So they stacked up. They also made a fukk ton on the Bale deal. They are in a better spot now financially than Arsenal was at the end of the Emirates being built.

Spurs core does look good, but it all depends on them retaining Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Lloris. If literally one of them goes this is back to an average team. Don't get me wrong they have caught up to Arsenal in a MAJOR way. But literally every other big club has earned the right to talk like a big club.

Even Liverpool fans been froggy lately and they SHOULD its a team with a winning pedigree.

Arsenal NEEDS to spend the money and do it quickly. Lacazette isn't going to A.Madrid due to the ban, they also need to replace Santi Cazorla asap. They do that and the core of the rest of the team is good. Oh and Alexis is outa there I'm not even remotely positive on keeping him.

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
Spurs weren't paying for a new stadium in the wave of the first big financial boom. So they stacked up. They also made a fukk ton on the Bale deal. They are in a better spot now financially than Arsenal was at the end of the Emirates being built.

Spurs core does look good, but it all depends on them retaining Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Lloris. If literally one of them goes this is back to an average team. Don't get me wrong they have caught up to Arsenal in a MAJOR way. But literally every other big club has earned the right to talk like a big club.

Even Liverpool fans been froggy lately and they SHOULD its a team with a winning pedigree.

Arsenal NEEDS to spend the money and do it quickly. Lacazette isn't going to A.Madrid due to the ban, they also need to replace Santi Cazorla asap. They do that and the core of the rest of the team is good. Oh and Alexis is outa there I'm not even remotely positive on keeping him.
i dont see any hope for arsenal unless they spend tbh..they need a lot of new players..atleast 4 Lacazette wouldn't be enough... yall in for sum rough times..and why is giroud still a thing
and theo walcott ...i cud even name a few more.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps

Well said. Some good points.

I wouldn't give up home of keeping Alexis yet though. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there aren't many realistic options out there for him if he wants to go to a contending team, play regularly, and get paid like crazy.

I think PSG is the biggest threat. They can provide regular Champions League football and have the wage structure to pay him top dollar. Bayern is another strong option if Sanchez is willing to play on his current wages.

We will see. If we go by what Wenger has said recently then Alexis will be with the team next season. Time will tell.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Who you going for to win the champions league bruhs?

Im going for Juventus.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
You make a fair point especially on Barca. Their defense is suspect. Pique is overrated and a trash defender. Ever since Xavi left they haven't a good replacement. They should have tried to keep Alacantara. He was supposed to be the heir apparent to Xavi.:ehh:
Barca and bayern both with the silliest sales in modern football. Can't believe they each sold thiago and kroos. :mjlol:

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
if Sanchez was smart he will leave... matter fact he should..he was bought on a sinking ship with no other reinforcements...u got ex arsenal players talking about this team not having a back bone and they are 100% correct...spurs have a future because they have young talent....even if they leave, they are looking at huge profits...nobody checking for a arsenal player except ozil lazy ass and sanchez ..im far from a arsenal hater.... but doing the same shyt over and over is called insanity..