Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Thursday December 22 2016

Gabigol rejects Villarreal

Villarreal reportedly offered to take Gabriel ‘Gabigol’ Barbosa on loan from Inter, but he asked to stay at San Siro.

The striker was signed from Santos for €29.5m in August, but has only made three appearances for a grand total of 24 minutes of football.

The most recent was for the last five minutes of a 3-0 victory over Lazio last night.

According to SportItalia, Villarreal approached Inter to ask for Gabigol on loan in the January transfer window.

However, the 20-year-old Brazilian rejected this option.

Over the next few days a decision should be made on his future, as he’ll either remain at San Siro to fight for his place or accept a loan spell in Brazil.

Coach Stefano Pioli commented on the issues surrounding Gabigol after he performed a no-look pass and a rabona in his five minutes on the pitch last night.

“I am happy at the enthusiasm for Gabigol, but I’d like to see him make some moves that are more useful and not just spectacular for the sake of being spectacular,” noted Pioli.

Gabi has to have the dumbest group of advisors I've ever seen. They're going to ruin his European career before it really gets started :snoop:

-Talked him into signing with Inter over Juve and Atletico
-Got fooled into having him leave during the middle of the season with no guarantee of playing time
-His agent has been on a world tour trashing Inter's management and coaching staff to anybody that will listen
-When they get a loan offer from a top La Liga side they turn it down
-They're seriously considering letting him go back to Brazil (I'd love to have him back for the Copa Libertadores, but coming back to Santos isn't going to help him adjust to Europe)

The advice he's gotten over the last few months is borderline criminal.

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It's crazy that Rafinha doesn't get more consistent PT for Barça, the kid is so good and he can do it all.

He'd be a top player for most clubs around the world.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Gabi has to have the dumbest group of advisors I've ever seen. They're going to ruin his European career before it really gets started :snoop:

-Got fooled into having him leave during the middle of the season with no guarantee of playing time
-His agent has been on a world tour trashing Inter's management and coaching staff to anybody that will listen
-They're seriously considering letting him go back to Brazil (I'd love to have him back for the Copa Libertadores, but coming back to Santos isn't going to help him adjust to Europe)

Lol. Problem is with Inter. Same shyt they did and almost ruined Coutinho's career. Why sign him if you have no plans of playing him. Complaining about him doing flashy moves when you're winning 3 nil

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Lol. Problem is with Inter. Same shyt they did and almost ruined Coutinho's career. Why sign him if you have no plans of playing him. Complaining about him doing flashy moves when you're winning 3 nil

I agree completely, but Inter has been a s#it show for the last few years. Gabi and his team should have known what they were getting into before they signed there.

As far as the tricks go, as a fan I liked seeing Gabi having fun out there against Lazio and putting on a show, but I can understand why Pioli would discourage it. Pioli is a good manager and any coach worth anything would check a young player for something like that.

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
2017 Copa Libertdaores draw

copa-libertadores-2331392w640.jpg

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Normally don't follow Liga MX outside of the few games I've been to in person, but people at work talked me into watching the Apertura Final today.

I don't have a horse in the race, but the atmosphere in the stadium and the passion the players are showing on the pitch is why this is the best sport in the world :ahh:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps

He litterly just arrived, does he think hes gonna get there and become an instant starter?

He career can really flourish at Inter, or due to Inter, theyre a great club for him, not exactly the limelight that Milan was when Pato arrived there which stunted his growth. Gabigol has to just take his time and wait his turn

Thank Klopp for bringing back the beautiful football back to England

@Roberto Firmino bruhs in brazil saying your boy scores a goal per police-alcohol related stop

:lolbron:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
He litterly just arrived, does he think hes gonna get there and become an instant starter?

He career can really flourish at Inter, or due to Inter, theyre a great club for him, not exactly the limelight that Milan was when Pato arrived there which stunted his growth. Gabigol has to just take his time and wait his turn

Thank Klopp for bringing back the beautiful football back to England

@Roberto Firmino bruhs in brazil saying your boy scores a goal per police-alcohol related stop

:lolbron:
I blame Wagner Ribeiro for this situation, his whole aura is that of a scumbag. From what I've seen recently Gabi wants to stay and earn a spot, but his handlers are the ones complaining.

Psychological humiliation :what:

Dude is a millionaire superstar not getting PT, not some 10 year-old fat kid getting tortured on the playground.