Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Losing 2-1 to Werder Bremen :smh:
4e9211e7-8a64-4106-843f-01c9caeb1cab.img

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
First time I heard about Azalia (why do they both has the same name lol) is went she hopped on Lazy Jay's Float my Boat track and used it as a beat. But I didn't follow her though she seems to have nice skills, at least flow-wise.

Yeah she has skills but to get anywhere in the music industry as a female you need sex appeal and connections. Shes burned all her bridges and I wouldn't smash her. And I have poor taste.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
dropped points and was a bad performance from the team

When Rojo is back Evans needs to sit on that bench

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Can you guys give me a rundown about the Iggy Azelea stuff ? I don't know her or her music (only heard the track of her with T.I. that was horrendous and the "p*ssy" one a while ago) so why is she being targeted like that ? :dwillhuh:

Because she's a glossy and relentlessly marketed package, human strategy pawn and convenient revenue stream that fulfills that deafening want inside the music industry for a white female rapper.

And, so cannily have they processed her and composed her, that she even comes complete with a rags to riches story along with generic rhymes that plumb the utter depths of the rap platitudes book (first things first, I'm the realest). Her album hits every single note and inflection that you'd expect from someone who hasn't really perfected or is working towards perfection and having a deep affection for their trade, but is instead appropriating and mimicking what they believe rap is, which is the definition of dead-eyed and soulless music.

And she'll never be respected in rap because of this, because she is such an obvious charlatan and imposter. But that's not really her purpose, her purpose is to make money now and pave the way for other frothy rappers that can appeal to generations that are further and further removed from that rich period of classic hip hop, who don't care to learn and can no longer discern what is the heights of hip hop. Looking into the future these same same kiddywinks will yelp that they are living in a golden age of rap despite having missed the heights of rap by about two or three decades.

Though I'm not mad or even that annoyed by her. There has been for years now a steady influx of bullshyt nonsense into rap that another talentless shill thrusted into the spotlight is nothing new. Like honestly I don't really distinguish her from Rich Gang, Migos, any of those non-rapping chuckleheads who will never contribute anything of note to rap or music.

What slightly hurts about Iggy is that she appeals to a different set that will eventually take over :mjcry: