Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
If people spent money on great records then artists would put out music of like quality. Krit's cadillactica is an album of the year candidate. yet he barely cracked 100K sold since its release.

Tbh black americans should've moved on from hip hop 15-20 years ago if we're going by historical trends. Hip Hop has had a hell of a run.
Move on from hip hop to where? It's the final frontier :heh:

Last edited:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Hip-Hop is our equivalent of Country music...the shyt is not going anywhere.

I will say that there is a very obvious schism between it though where some of the other artists in the more progressive camps or teams are about to make some new genre shyt. Kendrick, Shabazz Palaces, Cocaine 80's, and others are blending so many elements its about to turn into something new entirely. Its kinda like how M.I.A. makes "world music" but not really.

:yeshrug: shyt is just going to blend back into electronic music at the end of the day. Shabazz Palaces is kind of a more ambient project too, with evolving themes etc like an Autechre or Eno. Everything is a mix of styles now.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: shyt is just going to blend back into electronic music at the end of the day. Shabazz Palaces is kind of a more ambient project too, with evolving themes etc like an Autechre or Eno. Everything is a mix of styles now.

And where does electronic music owe its roots too?

3 black dudes from Detroit :blessed: No matter what black folks are going to be at the fore front of this music shyt, ambient, vocal or otherwise.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
@penfield @Liu Kang lumping in Migos/Thugga/Rich Homie with Iggy is part of the fukking problem :beli:

The new ATL is a genuine movement making songs from sounds that are unique to them, where they come from, what they represent, and what's happening there right now. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is entirely what hip-hop is. If you don't like it, then whatever (though I'd been forced to brandishing you as a lame :mjcry:) but I can't stand this notion that anything that sounds like it would be out of place in the 90's is thus bad.

Motherfukk J. Cole. He is the Dave Matthews of rap music.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip-Hop is our equivalent of Country music...the shyt is not going anywhere.

I will say that there is a very obvious schism between it though where some of the other artists in the more progressive camps or teams are about to make some new genre shyt. Kendrick, Shabazz Palaces, Cocaine 80's, and others are blending so many elements its about to turn into something new entirely. Its kinda like how M.I.A. makes "world music" but not really.
Nah, that's just creating more micro genres to pose, shabazz palaces clearly makes hip hop, no matter how weird it sounds and m.i.a just makes electronic music that drifts between various influences she has. Kendrick makes straight forward hip hop, and he's not really all that special...he's just lightyears ahead of a bad bunch...imo of course. I really do feel like hip hop has been gone past its sell by date. I'm not excited about nothing :sadcam: and @lui kang's right...if the genre was in a good shape, you wouldn't have to search for good music.

Also, its usually the kids and teens that start new genre's...so if anyone was gonna do it...it'd be them

Long story short....what the us lickle ghetto youts saying then? :mjcry:

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also...you can't put cats like migos in the iggy basket...although they make decent to sh1tty music...their rise at least is organic and comes from a legit real world scene

They're not the problem...and its not their fault people listen to them

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Nah, that's just creating more micro genres to pose, shabazz palaces clearly makes hip hop, no matter how weird it sounds and m.i.a just makes electronic music that drifts between various influences she has. Kendrick makes straight forward hip hop, and he's not really all that special...he's just lightyears ahead of a bad bunch...imo of course. I really do feel like hip hop has been gone past its sell by date. I'm not excited about nothing :sadcam: and @lui kang's right...if the genre was in a good shape, you wouldn't have to search for good music.

Also, its usually the kids and teens that start new genre's...so if anyone was gonna do it...it'd be them

Long story short....what the us lickle ghetto yuots saying then? :mjpls:
Nothing new will be allowed to take foot as long as people (namely east coast and west coast, as those are the media hubs) scoff at almost every new sound (until is appropriated by someone from the east or west...or Drake) and lob universal praise at fukking J.Cole microwaving 90's leftovers and people eating it up like its a feast :scust:

Look at Outkast. Everyone now praises them up and down and claims to love all their shyt. But look at the tepid ass response the vast majority of their music got at their festival performances. :mjpls: For a generation of people who now swear up and down that they loved them it really seemed like they didn't know pretty much anything from their discography aside from the obvious.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Long story short....what the us lickle ghetto yuots saying then? :mjpls:

See I disagree. At some point just because some one is singing it stopped being Soul and became R&B. At some point just because some one is rapping it doesnt have to be rap. An If you listen to M.I.A.'s Kala and Matangi outside of a few tracks its analog as fukk. There's loads of drums and driving beats, and really not much electronica at all. In fact i'd say she's more influenced by bollywood, funk cairoca and hip-hop more than anything. But it's not electronica. And Kendrick is a special talent, man. GKMC wasn't just the best album of that year it was the best of a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Better than some of the most seminal artists in the field. To say he isn't all that special is the downplay the talent that he REALLY does have, he's on of the very few artists that deserves all the praise he gets.

And as far as searching for music, this is something that has happened to ALL forms of music. There aren't any more jazz stations, R&B is virtually non-existent, neo-soul is kaput, and house, funk and electronica are all really niche now. The only things really commercially persistent is pop, mainstream rap and country.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If people spent money on great records then artists would put out music of like quality. Krit's cadillactica is an album of the year candidate. yet he barely cracked 100K sold since its release.

Move on from hip hop to where? It's the final frontier :heh:
:snoop: heads said that in the late 80's...enter jungle...heads said that in the early 00's...enter grime and dubstep...and it goes on and on (and thats just us uk heads)...you forget how fuccing creative and resilient black americans have been when it comes to music. You man have created blues, jazz, rock, rnb, house, hip hop etc etc...so really the :heh: should be directed at you for doubting black americans ability to create some new sh1t.

Let's keep it 100...the only reason you man ain't moved on from hip hop en masse is because you can still potentially make alot of money from it and you don't necessarily need to have a natural talent like singing or the ability to play an instrument to succeed, which would otherwise exclude alot of people out the gate

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps

That's how we ride in Chicago :mjcry:

:mjcry:

yeah i definitely prefer the Chicago scene to most of the Atlanta guys. It feels like most of the Atlanta stuff kinda has a bit too much gloss and bandz / strippers focus for me with that new south money. Southside chicago is just a genuine shythole with no hope or opportunities and it shines through heavy in the music. lil herb making death metal drill out here :banderas:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
@penfield @Liu Kang lumping in Migos/Thugga/Rich Homie with Iggy is part of the fukking problem :beli:

The new ATL is a genuine movement making songs from sounds that are unique to them, where they come from, what they represent, and what's happening there right now. Which, as far as I'm concerned, is entirely what hip-hop is. If you don't like it, then whatever (though I'd been forced to brandishing you as a lame :mjcry:) but I can't stand this notion that anything that sounds like it would be out of place in the 90's is thus bad.

Motherfukk J. Cole. He is the Dave Matthews of rap music.

I lump them together because I feel like they're part of the same temporary rap music that I'm so used to. I see really no value in most of it and they'll barely be a footnote at the end of the day, even if they're starting some movement or have their own sound and lane. I've just become so keenly aware over the past few years of identifying artists and rappers that won't have longevity.

Probably because I've hitched onto a lot of artists in the past that aren't shyt these days :mjcry:

Dave Matthews of rap :dead:

This might sound c00nish but that thread in the booth about how the pro-black movement we're seeing re-emerging in rap does sorta reek of calculated maneuvers by rappers. That's real cynical and c00nish like I said, but I never underestimate the ability of people to commodify their dissent :mjcry: