Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Because she's a glossy and relentlessly marketed package, human strategy pawn and convenient revenue stream that fulfills that deafening want inside the music industry for a white female rapper.

And, so cannily have they processed her and composed her, that she even comes complete with a rags to riches story along with generic rhymes that plumb the utter depths of the rap platitudes book (first things first, I'm the realest). Her album hits every single note and inflection that you'd expect from someone who hasn't really perfected or is working towards perfection and having a deep affection for their trade, but is instead appropriating and mimicking what they believe rap is, which is the definition of dead-eyed and soulless music.

And she'll never be respected in rap because of this, because she is such an obvious charlatan and imposter. But that's not really her purpose, her purpose is to make money now and pave the way for other frothy rappers that can appeal to generations that are further and further removed from that rich period of classic hip hop, who don't care to learn and can no longer discern what is the heights of hip hop. Looking into the future these same same kiddywinks will yelp that they are living in a golden age of rap despite having missed the heights of rap by about two or three decades.

Though I'm not mad or even that annoyed by her. There has been for years now a steady influx of bullshyt nonsense into rap that another talentless shill thrusted into the spotlight is nothing new. Like honestly I don't really distinguish her from Rich Gang, Migos, any of those non-rapping chuckleheads who will never contribute anything of note to rap or music.

What slightly hurts about Iggy is that she appeals to a different set that will eventually take over :mjcry:
Well damn.

You know what, I kinda like that you're putting all the Migos / Rich Gang / Drill stuff (I guess) bullshyt with her. I read a little of those threads popping and most of it was about her being a culture vulture which was a code word (to me at least) that it was only because she was white not because she was wack.

I must say though it's my music of heart, I don't listen to rap anymore. Quality is too low and content is not interesting enough for a breh like me which first rap album was Tical and I wasn't even a teenager or understood English at the time. People say you gotta look for the good stuff but it shouldn't be this way if the genre's health was fine. That fact alone tells me that rap in 2014 is ass.

I grew up in the second golden era (94/98) and it's impossible for me to appreciate the current bullshyt that is called rap nowadays. I jam some of the current songs from time to time but mostly I don't listen. I switched to rock/house/down-tempo/dubstep a couple of years ago and I never looked back. I'm not even 30 so I'm not a old head yet but rap these days is trash point blank. I don't care what the current listeners say but I can't get jiggy with it.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Well damn.

You know what, I kinda like that you're putting all the Migos / Rich Gang / Drill stuff (I guess) bullshyt with her. I read a little of those threads popping and most of it was about her being a culture vulture which was a code word (to me at least) that it was only because she was white not because she was wack.

I must say though it's my music of heart, I don't listen to rap anymore. Quality is too low and content is not interesting enough for a breh like me which first rap album was Tical and I wasn't even a teenager or understood English at the time. People say you gotta look for the good stuff but it shouldn't be this way if the genre's health was fine. That fact alone tells me that rap in 2014 is ass.

I grew up in the second golden era (94/98) and it's impossible for me to appreciate the current bullshyt that is called rap nowadays. I jam some of the current songs from time to time but mostly I don't listen. I switched to rock/house/down-tempo/dubstep a couple of years ago and I never looked back. I'm not even 30 so I'm not a old head yet but rap these days is trash point blank. I don't care what the current listeners say but I can't get jiggy with it.

Yeah man. There's some good stuff out there, I like what Kendrick is doing who seems to be about something, J. Cole was a bit of a revelation this year, and Drake sorta oscillates between nonsense and some decent shyt. And I still listen to GKMC, which is a bit of a feat these days.

Who knew that with the mounting platter of music that is on display with the internet that it would all turn out to be so fleeting? You can have all the new music you want but it basically exists to simply stand in until the next new song, new artist, new mixtape, new album takes our attention. And that exists across all genres honestly, but with rap I dunno what it is but it's more apparent and temporary. And I think that stems from rap being very very conservative in its outlook, creation and fans (and I've talked about this before but I keep coming back to it). It's almost like these trends exist across all music, but with rap music these trends are amplified.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Well damn.

Its depressing when you really think about it :to:

I cant listen to all this bullshyt new hip hop like iggy, nicki migos etc

Im just holding on to Roc Marciano and Freddie Gibbs hoping they keep going and influence the future gen of rappers :mjcry:.

Wu Tang's new album confirmed they cant lead the line anymore :snoop:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Everything has a rise and a fall, hip hop aint special in this regard :manny:

just enjoy that we got so much dope music out of it :manny: and support the last dope shyt in the game whenever you can :salute:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Its depressing when you really think about it :to:

I cant listen to all this bullshyt new hip hop like iggy, nicki migos etc

Im just holding on to Roc Marciano and Freddie Gibbs hoping they keep going and influence the future gen of rappers :mjcry:.

Wu Tang's new album confirmed they cant lead the line anymore :snoop:
At first I was rejoincing about Wu Tang's new album just off the relative freshness it brought but then I listened closely and I was disappointed. I only listen to Wu pre-Iron Flag (included somehow). It's sad but that's the reality. People say Jay is cynical but nothing truer has been spit when he said "if you like my old stuff, buy my old albums". Artists and genre evolves but not necessarily for the better. The only negative to that is to feel stuck in the past but I don't care really.

Yeah man. There's some good stuff out there, I like what Kendrick is doing who seems to be about something, J. Cole was a bit of a revelation this year, and Drake sorta oscillates between nonsense and some decent shyt. And I still listen to GKMC, which is a bit of a feat these days.

Who knew that with the mounting platter of music that is on display with the internet that it would all turn out to be so fleeting? You can have all the new music you want but it basically exists to simply stand in until the next new song, new artist, new mixtape, new album takes our attention. And that exists across all genres honestly, but with rap I dunno what it is but it's more apparent and temporary. And I think that stems from rap being very very conservative in its outlook, creation and fans (and I've talked about this before but I keep coming back to it). It's almost like these trends exist across all music, but with rap music these trends are amplified.
I know there is some good stuff but it's the minority and that's sad to me. Yeah Kendrick is on a good lane (though the voice change is meh to me) but J. Cole I can't get it to listen because it's bland to me. I don't feel about his music. About Drake, I reckon he has a nice lane too with the singing/rap steez but at some point it's the same recipe and it's not bearable in the long term.

Internet is definitely a gift and a curse. We have access to endless music but that means that everything then becomes diluted and common because of this massive influx. Everybody makes music now too. Everybody produces (reason, fruity loops and em made it easier for everybody. Hell at some time I was making beats for fun too !).

There's no exceptions anymore I feel except big marketing campaigns. I don't really anticipate albums and I'ma be real but I only collect songs these days. I used to have folders with artist names and albums inside now it's just songs from some artist added after another one from another artist. Sometimes when I like an artist I try to get the discography or at least the album of the song I like but I'm less and less convinced by that format.

Last time I was expecting an album was maybe Nas' Hip Hop is Dead. I remember it leaked on SOHH when a user named scarhead leaked it song by song :lolbron:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I don't get the Migos hate from y'all though. Yeah their content is kiddie pool shallow but theyre solid rappers in my opinion, with an ear for melody and a good sense of humor. :manny: If they completely dropped the bad Future/Rich Homie Quan swaggerjack songs from their tapes and just stuck to rapping, they'd probably get received a lot better by heads.

What I can't stand is some of these dudes who have no bars / chops whatsoever getting attention. Like that faggit Riff Raff :scusthov:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the Migos hate from y'all though. Yeah their content is kiddie pool shallow but theyre solid rappers in my opinion, with an ear for melody and a good sense of humor. :manny: If they completely dropped the bad Future/Rich Homie Quan swaggerjack songs from their tapes and just stuck to rapping, they'd probably get received a lot better by heads.

What I can't stand is some of these dudes who have no bars / chops whatsoever getting attention. Like that faggit Riff Raff :scusthov:

I didn't want to like migos, but they're fun to listen at least they have good flow and delivery. They can rap. I'm not saying these cats are great, but I like their music.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Iggy is garbage and in two years or less she will be a memory.

Fact is the success J.Cole is having is refreshing and gives hope to the genre.
Run the jewels.. Pryhme... Alot of good stuff is coming out that's getting attention, record labels are losing power so they won't risk putting out bullshyt as much.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh black americans should've moved on from hip hop 15-20 years ago if we're going by historical trends. Hip Hop has had a hell of a run.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Tbh black americans should've moved on from hip hop 15-20 years ago if we're going by historical trends. Hip Hop has had a hell of a run.

Hip-Hop is our equivalent of Country music...the shyt is not going anywhere.

I will say that there is a very obvious schism between it though where some of the other artists in the more progressive camps or teams are about to make some new genre shyt. Kendrick, Shabazz Palaces, Cocaine 80's, and others are blending so many elements its about to turn into something new entirely. Its kinda like how M.I.A. makes "world music" but not really.