Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Rafael hurt, Jones Hurt, rumor is Luke is hurt. Falcao hurt. RvP still playing like he doesn't give a fukk. Ander is getting over broken ribs. Blind hurt. God has turned his back on us.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Yea the IT company might not have hired yaaaa :mjcry:
Or I could be an untouchable dying in sweatshops to build the phone you're posting on or dying trapped in qatari labor camps to build the arab stadiums yall gonna watch world cup 2022 in :mjcry:

Rafael hurt, Jones Hurt, rumor is Luke is hurt. Falcao hurt. RvP still playing like he doesn't give a fukk. Ander is getting over broken ribs. Blind hurt. God has turned his back on us.
RVP looked pretty sharp during the international break and Rooney didn't look half bad either. This weekend it's two crippled teams playing :manny:

Last edited:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Or I could be an untouchable dying in sweatshops to build the phone you're posting on or dying trapped in qatari labor camps to build the arab stadiums yall gonna watch world cup 2022 in :mjcry:

RVP looked pretty sharp during the international break and Rooney didn't look half bad either. This weekend it's two crippled teams playing :manny:

That's two fukking players breh. We need to send all these nikkas to Germany from now on. fukk those EPL doctors.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I really only check out the headlines and read The Fiver myself these days.

Even reading last Friday's Barney Ronay column had me a bit misty-eyed and :aicmon:. I've read him so much I already know what he's going to say, his sentence structure, even his familiar phrases and word choice. Breh always loves to put something along the lines of, "and there's the sense that, beyond the off-field stramashes, this was a football life lived in miniature, a set-in-concrete type of player never permitted to explore the outer-limits of his footballing possibilities."

Slightly unrelated. I read an article by a writer who had, for the past four years been freelancing in NYC, and for the past year, applied for over 700 jobs and had written over 30,000 words for apps and hurdles for jobs to get a full-time, staff writing position.

She's a good writer (imo, I've read several of her pieces and blogs) but I think I've realized that writing online is one of those great paradoxes. You can get yourself out there easily enough but then actually getting one of those sacred and holy staff writing jobs for some random website is an utter ballache. But you get one of those jobs and you're creating froth and stuff that will likely be skimmed and forgotten about in an hour. Is there a paradox somewhere in there? I dunno. I've just been thinking about this all week, sorta makes you think what it's all for, all the pop culture websites, the sports journalists, the critics, so on. :mjcry:

In the end she got a job with Buzzfeed :pachaha:
Problem is it's a state of mind to want to secure a job at a known company or at least at a solid company. It's easier to be an employee than being on your own because the risks are way higher.
The chick seems talented from the look of it and she could do that writing stuff on our own with her blog, keep writing, increase her audience (if there's quality, there will be a following), and live off her writings thanks for advertising. But she'd rather do some bullshyt buzzfeed rankings than doing what she does best. If I'd were her, I'd use buzzfeed to secure my lifestyle and write on the side and keep my blog and my writings up in order to increase my following.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Problem is it's a state of mind to want to secure a job at a known company or at least at a solid company. It's easier to be an employee than being on your own because the risks are way higher.
The chick seems talented from the look of it and she could do that writing stuff on our own with her blog, keep writing, increase her audience (if there's quality, there will be a following), and live off her writings thanks for advertising. But she'd rather do some bullshyt buzzfeed rankings than doing what she does best. If I'd were her, I'd use buzzfeed to secure my lifestyle and write on the side and keep my blog and my writings up in order to increase my following.

Yeah, sorta depends on how much she's earning but I hear ya.

And I think it's understandable for a lot of writers. A lot of writers I think get freelancing, get paid, but want that steady paycheck at the end of the day, regardless of ethics or dignity or trying to write some shyt that actually means something. Most brehs get caught up in that thinking that, as a writer, if you getting paid for it you made it. Money, like everything else, trumps all that shyt.

Plus there's that ubiquitous desire and pressure to gain recognition, notoriety, or be dubbed an expert on something these days that is the motive behind the actions of people, which I guess I'm sorta echoing from what you said.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
where you from in india breh
1/2 punjabi, 1/4 guju 1/4 gurkha. overall most of my immediate family hasn't been on the subcontinent for almost 150 years though (indentured slavery/servitude) :mjcry:

Wasn't @Broletariat fka Kool G Trap?

What started all the name changes anyway? I remember @BarNone was posting as Candor also.
I changed mine and @BarNone changed his and then people just realized you could do it. I just wanted a different username.

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1/2 punjabi, 1/4 guju 1/4 gurkha. overall most of my immediate family hasn't been on the subcontinent for almost 150 years though (indentured slavery/servitude)

I changed mine and @BarNone changed his and then people just realized you could do it. I just wanted a different username.
How do you go about getting your name changed bruh? :ld:

@Grams :ufdup: