Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I get what you are saying but Didier is a different breed though I think this dude is a pan African on the low dude married a muslim Malian wife when he probably had all the European ass he could have picked lol
That nikka coulda had all hottest marseille hoes. He was a god to marseille fans back then.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Yeah im pretty sure he has a french passport for awhile.

Yeah but wasn't that because he played for Marseille and was obliged to get one?

I don't think he got a French passport with the intention of playing for the French NT. But if I'm wrong, please give me the receipts.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Speaking of marseille...

Marseille sales of Didier Drogba, Samir Nasri may be investigated in France
i

Drogba and Nasri, pictured playing against each other in 2010, both moved to England from Marseille in big-money transfers.
The deals which brought Didier Drogba and Samir Nasri from Marseille to Chelsea and Arsenal respectively could be scrutinised as part of the investigation which led to several arrests on Tuesday, according to reports in France.

Current OM president Vincent Labrune, and his two predecessors, Jean-Claude Dassier and Pape Diouf, are among around a dozen people being questioned by police over commission and alleged illicit payments made on transfers involving the Ligue 1 outfit.

Initial reports mentioned only the arrests of Labrune, 43, and Dassier, 73, who were at the time head of OM's supervisory board and president respectively, in relation to the transfer of Andre-Pierre Gignac from Toulouse to OM in 2010.

It was thought that move was the only one being looked into but news of Diouf's arrest indicated that the police investigation, which was originally opened in 2011, has a wider scope.

Diouf was involved in Drogba's arrival at Marseille from Guingamp in 2003 and the striker's departure for Chelsea for an estimated 24 million pounds a year later as an agent, while he was president of the club when Nasri was sold for around 15.8 million pounds to Arsenal in 2008.

Christophe Bouchet, president of OM at the time of Drogba's arrival, said he would be surprised to find Diouf, 62, was involved in any alleged wrongdoing.

"When I see comments which go back to Drogba it's a little worrying, because I don't really see what they're looking for," Bouchet told RMC. "I am discovering it, just as you are. I have only worked with one of them, Pape Diouf, and in the many different deals we were involved in, I found him to be fair, clear and precise."

RMC also quoted an unnamed OM official as saying: "I ask myself whether there's not a little bit of fantasising among the investigators. Like with Drogba's transfer. The police don't understand why the 36 million euros that were talked about ended up only being 33 million in the bank. It's simple.

"It's not that three million just disappeared into thin air. It's just that Chelsea, who weren't as solid financially then as they are now, finally decided to pay us in one transaction, and so we gave them a three million-euro reduction."

Former sporting director Jose Anigo, who was at the club throughout the period concerned and up until this summer when he moved to Morocco to scout for OM in Africa, has offered to return to France to take part in the investigation. Anigo's former house was visited by police on Tuesday morning only for them to be confronted with the property's perplexed new owner.

In a statement published on their official website, Marseille stated that "the club and its officials have never stopped collaborating with the authorities" in regard to the incident, and added owner Margarita Louis-Dreyfus had "total confidence" in those in charge of the club.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Yeah but wasn't that because he played for Marseille and was obliged to get one?

I don't think he got a French passport with the intention of playing for the French NT. But if I'm wrong, please give me the receipts.
I dont know about his intentions of play for france. But he wasnt under there radar im sure since they had henry, anelka, and trezgol. Im sure drogba wouldve accepted the invitation if called upon.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
I dont know about his intentions of play for france. But he wasnt under there radar im sure since they had henry, anelka, and trezgol. Im sure drogba wouldve accepted the invitation if called upon.

I think it worked out for the best. I think even Dorgba would've had trouble getting into that French side. But, then again, if he was on their radar earlier in his career, France could possibly have another WC and even another Euro by now.

I think him being an icon for the CIV was just better. CIV is STACKED by the way now.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I think it worked out for the best. I think even Dorgba would've had trouble getting into that French side. But, then again, if he was on their radar earlier in his career, France could possibly have another WC and even another Euro by now.

I think him being an icon for the CIV was just better. CIV is STACKED by the way now.
Yeah they be stacked but they always find a way to lose. Greece game was fukked up.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I like to think it also received and continues to receive (and especially in the US) support from evangelicals/fervent christians because of the role it's supposed to play in the rapture, that' can't be ignored imo

TH4zNae.png
yeah, jews that buy into that shyt for the sake of a helping hand are short-sighted at best. that's disgusting. both (jews and evangelicals that walk hand in hand) think the other is a clownish group of fools and they're both right :ohhh: much to all of our detriment

even from a secular angle, israel is used as a buffer against "evil" muslims, per US foreign policy

the pentagon doesn't ship weapons to israel because they are deeply concerned for jewry. and b*stards like netanyahu and sharon buy/bought into that and have undercut their own people just to flex artificial muscle :snoop:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
The Euros is in their home ground this time around hopefully they make it at least to the semis. The only teams they should be scared of in Europe is Belgium
What about germany? Belgium needs better coaching same goes for holland with there recent run of games. Wilmot starting fellani over naiggon baffles me the most.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
What about germany? Belgium needs better coaching same goes for holland with there recent run of games. Wilmot starting fellani over naiggon baffles me the most.

Fellaini has been all hype for the past 2 years.

But I'm surprised Eden Hazard hasn't thrived under the Belgian NT. He's such an epic player.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Fellaini has been all hype for the past 2 years.

But I'm surprised Eden Hazard hasn't thrived under the Belgian NT. He's such an epic player.
He an amazing player. If he had amazing finishing he would be the best in the world right now.