Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw the ESPN story on Garber vs. Klinsmann

went to the poll and comment section expecting people to agree with Garber

boy was I wrong, I didn't know people were so anti-MLS

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
saw the ESPN story on Garber vs. Klinsmann

went to the poll and comment section expecting people to agree with Garber

boy was I wrong, I didn't people were so anti-MLS
That's why I was a big Bigsoccer poster for many years, but simply quit and just rant here now and then.

It's pointless, there are so many clueless people and so many ignorant newbies that it's impossible to ever have decent discussion on American soccer

It's just extremely extremely obvious to me that the new type of EPL-centric American fanbase is a cancer to the growth in the sport here, and tumor-masters like Men In Blazers are hurting it more. And it's also extremely obvious that the most knowledgeable people with the most balanced point of view about soccer in this country follow MLS.

"Why, MLS sucks lol" - exactly, it takes a special type of person to follow MLS despite it not being the best, and it says a whole lot about that whole group of people.

It's like talking basketball with people who are LeBron and Kobe stans, talking tennis with people who are Federer and Nadal stans. They know nothing else, based their opinion over one or two things they know.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
And it's pointless to ever start a website or a blog or anything these days, everyone and their mother has one. Everyone has an opinion on r/MLS, on Bigsoccer, on twitter.

The only way to actually drill some sense into people is with the power and influence and come from legit journo jobs (like MLSSoccer, SI, ESPN) and guess what, those are the most p*ssy of all. I wouldn't blame them either, one misstep and you're gone, and don't worry there are 500 "bloggers" out there who'd be happy to replace you.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
And it's pointless to ever start a website or a blog or anything these days, everyone and their mother has one. Everyone has an opinion on r/MLS, on Bigsoccer, on twitter.

The only way to actually drill some sense into people is with the power and influence and come from legit journo jobs (like MLSSoccer, SI, ESPN) and guess what, those are the most p*ssy of all. I wouldn't blame them either, one misstep and you're gone, and don't worry there are 500 "bloggers" out there who'd be happy to replace you.
BREH this is what I've been saying.

Thank you. People be like "oh, you never know who may be reading your work" man go on with that :camby: everybody and their mom has at least THREE blogs :camby:

The only way you can be league from blogging is applying for internships and when they ask you for writing samples, use that. Then if you suck enough dikk they may keep you on

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
BREH this is what I've been saying.

Thank you. People be like "oh, you never know who may be reading your work" man go on with that :camby: everybody and their mom has at least THREE blogs :camby:

The only way you can be league from blogging is applying for internships and when they ask you for writing samples, use that. Then if you suck enough dikk they may keep you on

do you know how many wastemen follow my :trash: twitter account I make for lurking and occasional trolling talking about "check out my new MLS blog" or something like that? an embarrassing amount. these brehs actually go through the trouble of going up and down the followers lists on some relevant accounts to bother people :heh:

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
do you know how many wastemen follow my :trash: twitter account I make for lurking and occasional trolling talking about "check out my new MLS blog" or something like that? an embarrassing amount. these brehs actually go through the trouble of going up and down the followers lists on some relevant accounts to bother people :heh:
Be in your final year of the journalism major brehs :mjcry:

I gotta interview a football player and of course he's blowing me off pause :heh:

fukk life :mjcry:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
"Bradley should've gone back to Chievo"

that's another good one I read

I gotta interview a football player and of course he's blowing me off pause :heh:

I bet you could get a guy like Marcos Senna to talk to you

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
@horse. kills I was on my #HOC shyt today. This white girl thought I was gonna hold the door open for her. She was smiling at me and dem tings. I then proceeded to close that shyt like :rudy: she was 30 metres away

But then I felt bad cuz I'm not a naturally mean person and I shoulda had the decency to wait 3.5 seconds. :to:

I mighta been able to fumble my way into the panties too :mjcry:

I'm gonna take your advice and live life on a case-by-case basis

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
What an absolute rip off

MetroStars_(2003%E2%80%932005)_logo.svg

FINAL-LOGO_white.png

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

Is your school actually good at football?

If not tell that nikka to meet at the student union between the Panda Express and the generic Indian spot and be happy that he's getting the publicity
xTnqfVU.png

Imagine some fukkboy mediocre football player putting on airs. A vitriolic missive make sure all his kids don't grow.

Grams

Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Is your school actually good at football?

If not tell that nikka to meet at the student union between the Panda Express and the generic Indian spot and be happy that he's getting the publicity
xTnqfVU.png

Imagine some fukkboy mediocre football player putting on airs. A vitriolic missive make sure all his kids don't grow.
We D1 Power 5 conference...are we good? I really can't tell you. We're the Tottenham of college ball :manny:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
We D1 Power 5 conference...are we good? I really can't tell you. We're the Tottenham of college ball :manny:

:ehh:

The football player who is D1 but not top tier. That's quite a pickle. Might have to charge that one to the game. And I say that, without any knowledge of what a Power 5 Conference is.