Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Sun Kil Moon v. War on Drugs has had me :dead:

Breh recorded a 7 min folk song literally titled "War on Drugs: Suck My Cock"

It was all pretty tongue in cheek in that "hey we're all relatively obscure artists and all overwhelmingly white but it's ironic" way, but hilarious nonetheless

"I heard them do their soundcheck; next to the Byrds. They’re definitely the whitest band I’ve ever fukking heard" :mjlol:

Jack White been talking a lot lately, but like you said copping pleas.
I can see where White is heated. Dude is absolutely one of those talisman type talents. Like, he kinda had his wave, put a sound out there in mainstream, the problem is post Stripes (and only really occassionally with Meg) he didn't have the tunes to go with the sound to take him beyond that internationally respected level to international superstar. The Black Keys can write their asses off and he seems salty about it :manny:

He also debacled a Bond song when everyone expected him to kill it :wow:

He needs an exec producer to unlock some flows for him so he can make the music we all want from him. Everyone wants a soulsy-bluesy pop masterclass from him but he just can't deliver

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I can see where White is heated. Dude is absolutely one of those talisman type talents. Like, he kinda had his wave, put a sound out there in mainstream, the problem is post Stripes (and only really occassionally with Meg) he didn't have the tunes to go with the sound to take him beyond that internationally respected level to international superstar. The Black Keys can write their asses off and he seems salty about it :manny:

He also debacled a Bond song when everyone expected him to kill it :wow:

He needs an exec producer to unlock some flows for him so he can make the music we all want from him. Everyone wants a soulsy-bluesy pop masterclass from him but he just can't deliver

This is all pretty true, and I don't even like Black Keys like that.

And I've really never felt the need to listen to White's solo shyt ever.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yannick Bolasie balling something serious against Cote D'Ivoire in Abidjan. 2 assists and caused a send-off.

Brehs got talents off the pitch too :mjpls:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
what's up with the congos causing major upsets

first one of them beats nigeria in nigeria, now this other congo in civ

seems other than that all the big teams won/are winning today

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's up with the congos causing major upsets

first one of them beats nigeria in nigeria, now this other congo in civ

seems other than that all the big teams won/are winning today
We spoke too soon breh, 10 man CIV tied it up and look primed to win. Crazy goal from Kalou out of all people.

This Congo (DRC) is the better rated one, they've got clubs that always do well in CAF CL ( TP Mazembe and AS Vita)

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yannick Bolasie balling something serious against Cote D'Ivoire in Abidjan. 2 assists and caused a send-off.

Brehs got talents off the pitch too :mjpls:

'Man will get left in the park like Ji-Sung'
Mvxin2f.png

Bolasie has been balling for a minute now tbf; he's a big reason why Palace stayed up last year and why they've had a relatively decent start this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if he puts in work on Saturday either because he tore Ivanovic apart in Palace's win last season.:scust:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Garber going after that fukkboiiiii Klinsmann :salute:

about time.

too much deference to him cause he "played in germany" or whatever, while he has provided 0 innovation as to how the team plays

takes all the credit when the US succeeds "despite having shyt players" and when failing like yesterday he goes "what can i do" - a bit like that fraud thierry henry at nyrb.

just about time, he should shut the fukk up and have a bit of respect

first the pro/rel explosion yesterday and this today, exciting times :pachaha:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was just reading a massive new article about how respected bradley has been at every single place he has coached, klinsmann is the opposite of all of that

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/thats-football/ <- bradley piece, long

*waits for stock response of how he is dragging 3rd world us soccer kicking and screaming into an exciting european future*

• despite playing like greece at the world cup
  • despite showing no innovation
  • despite promising more possession and exciting play

give us arena or bradley at the world cup, we get to the QF with LD leading the line

I think the key is that in 2010, we could've done better but there was absolutely no question of Bob getting the absolute most out of the players involved. 2014, not even close to that

Last edited:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Garber going after that fukkboiiiii Klinsmann :salute:

about time.

too much deference to him cause he "played in germany" or whatever, while he has provided 0 innovation as to how the team plays

takes all the credit when the US succeeds "despite having shyt players" and when failing like yesterday he goes "what can i do" - a bit like that fraud thierry henry at nyrb.

just about time, he should shut the fukk up and have a bit of respect

first the pro/rel explosion yesterday and this today, exciting times :pachaha:
But if all people to call him out, MLS commish?? :camby: it's not like Klinsmann was ever wrong.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
disrespecting garber da gawd :camby:
I watch and I really want it to succed, but the quality of play is absolute dogshyt. Even with 3 DPs, the hard salary cap will mean the the league will never be top flight. I am looking forward to NYCFC, but to rip Klinsmann, even though he coaches through the media too much, is ridiculous. Not to mention unprofessional.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I watch and I really want it to succed, but the quality of play is absolute dogshyt. Even with 3 DPs, the hard salary cap will mean the the league will never be top flight. I am looking forward to NYCFC, but to rip Klinsmann, even though he coaches through the media too much, is ridiculous. Not to mention unprofessional.
The #1 goal of the MLS imo is sustainability and expansion. They're trying everything they can to retain fans and avoid the pitfalls of the NASL; and that means conservative spending. Whether we should raise the cap is a different matter imo.

As for Klinsmann, he's a legendary player on the field yea but when did that EVER make anyone immune to criticism. Anyone can get it anytime imo...