Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see you have realized that man like Yala is the most underrated winger in the Prem @SCORCH @thatknickfan :wow:

Warnock made a funny comment the other week about Bolasie: "I've seen Yannick for a long time now and he always contributes and is a threat. The problem with him is he doesn't know what he's going to do next so the defenders have got no chance."

:pachaha:

I swear I haven't seen anyone give Ivanovic the run around Bolasie did last season.

What are your French lessons saying doe, breh? I was reading an article yesterday about French being arguably the best language to learn (not the most useful so :whoa: @horse. kills ) and thought damn, Grams needs to stop facking about. :damn:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Warnock made a funny comment the other week about Bolasie: "I've seen Yannick for a long time now and he always contributes and is a threat. The problem with him is he doesn't know what he's going to do next so the defenders have got no chance."

:pachaha:

I swear I haven't seen anyone give Ivanovic the run around Bolasie did last season.

What are your French lessons saying doe, breh? I was reading an article yesterday about French being arguably the best language to learn (not the most useful so :whoa: @horse. kills ) and thought damn, Grams needs to stop facking about. :damn:
Best language to learn for who? Did you know if you put grand before a noun it means great but if you put grand after a noun it means tall? Who has time for that? :heh:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best language to learn for who? Did you know if you put grand before a noun it means great but if you put grand after a noun it means tall? Who has time for that? :heh:

Dude had a pretty convincing argument:

But if you want another truly global language, there are surprisingly few candidates, and for me French is unquestionably top of the list. It can enhance your enjoyment of art, history, literature and food, while giving you an important tool in business and a useful one in diplomacy. It has native speakers in every region on earth.

What brehs really don't have time for is Mandarin:

And the key reason for Japanese’s limited spread will also put the brakes on Chinese. This factor is the Chinese writing system (which Japan borrowed and adapted centuries ago). The learner needs to know at least 3,000-4,000 characters to make sense of written Chinese, and thousands more to have a real feel for it.

:boas:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Dude had a pretty convincing argument:

What brehs really don't have time for is Mandarin:

:boas:
"It can enhance your enjoyment of art, history, literature and food" sounds like hipster shyte to me :manny:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The real hipster language in my estimation has always been Latin.

I remember the smug latin brehs at my high school, walking in a cloud of pomposity through the halls once the bell rang, while us French peasants and grisettes filed out of our French class, with only the ability to order a cheese omelette in tow.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"It can enhance your enjoyment of art, history, literature and food" sounds like hipster shyte to me :manny:

Ehh, but your intentions were to meet a midnight girl in France and connect with the man dem

There's nothing hipster about that imho. :skip:

Just finished the new Apprentice episode and when the girls were deciding what name to call their team one of the broads said "well seeing as this is the 10th season of the Apprentice, how about decadence?"
15mh355.jpg

And the team leader said "yeah, that sounds good" and they went with it
15mh355.jpg

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The real hipster language in my estimation has always been Latin.

I remember the smug latin brehs at my high school, walking in a cloud of pomposity through the halls once the bell rang, while us French peasants and grisettes filed out of our French class, with only the ability to order a cheese omelette in tow.
:mjlol:

My school had French and German exchange students who'd spend a week at our school. My school was ghetto as fook so seeing these brehs, especially the Germans, walking around like :merchant: was hilarious. The school eventually ended up scrapping the programme :pachaha:

@Grams - some people were actually complaining about Ta-Nehisi Coates going on about learning French too much on twitter and started unfollowing him :heh:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Grimes and Ariel Pink having full on twitter feuds with The Black Lips and Waxahatchee chiming in :ohhh:

You forgot Grimes' weed carrier Elite Gymnastics joining in :lolbron:

I wanted to take French classes in HS, my aunt scrapped that and made me take Spanish. All I learned was that Raggaeton has a lot of curses in it and Hispanic kids at my school put it on their schedules as a blowoff class. Still haven't gotten around to studying French either. :disenchanted:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The #1 goal of the MLS imo is sustainability and expansion. They're trying everything they can to retain fans and avoid the pitfalls of the NASL; and that means conservative spending. Whether we should raise the cap is a different matter imo.

As for Klinsmann, he's a legendary player on the field yea but when did that EVER make anyone immune to criticism. Anyone can get it anytime imo...
These are not good posts.
:stopitslime: Quality of play in the MLS is ass cheeks. Let's just agree to disagree

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Seems MLS is always in a lose-lose position

First from journalist wannabes that always try and call the league out like it's some horrible entity and not actually really really really decent and well-meaning compared basically every league in the world, second from people who are too harsh and over-analyze things, third from people like Big Blue who somehow still don't know that 90% of the "heroic WC squad" came/come from MLS

I saw someone agreeing with Klinsmann refer to Lampard as over the hill to support his anti-MLS argument FFS :heh: - those are the type of people you're dealing with in the public sphere