Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
I agree. Sorry @Arrogance. but you're name is too perfect for that one part of your post. I never discard friendships unless it's deadass hazardous to me. If my friend does/sells drugs and isn't going anywhere in life, he's still my friend. If he deadass gets me involved in some shyt where rival drug dealers are coming at me as collateral damage or the ATF is coming to bop ME for being associated with him, he's gone. Be friends with someone who views you as nothing more than a tool brehs :wow:

I can understand that. The way I see it, I've had some hazardous friendships. I may not have been in physical danger or in danger or being arrested because of (most of) them, but I felt myself stagnating and realized that some people I considered friends were using me for access to certain things. You find out real quick just how much someone values you when you find yourself on the down and out.

I talk a lot of shyt in real life :laugh: but I have friends and associates that aren't out here trying to get multiple degrees and things like that, and that's ok too. I do very much so dislike it when someone complains about their situation and doesn't do anything to change it. And maybe I should chill out with the drunk rants.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
brehs, can't lie. Jozy has looked pretty good in these last two friendlies :ehh: Sunderland should trade him
Jozy has looked good this season, that's no lie and no stanning

Problem is Poyet has already made up his mind.

Big new article in Sunderland newspapers when Sunderland was struggling "Whoever scores goals will start" - Jozy scores in the next game.. doesn't start the next two. The coach 100% has it out for him even going back on his "straight talk".. then the first good game for his striker teammates in the last 6 months and all of a sudden they are locks to start the rest of the season despite Jozy having better stats than both in 1/4th the time. It's comedic.

But seeing as apparently Jozy is linked to Lille and PSV, it might have been the best move to start his "grumblings" - Jozy has been way too happy this season despite the injustice, I bet he was just waiting for the final straw to start complaining. PSV/Lille will be a big paycut, but he got that Prem money for a year already, and can you really put a price on happiness?

Lille - starting up front with Origi, gotdamnyaman :banderas:

PSV - having actual good midfield players like his old provide Maher giving him passes :banderas:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Jozy has looked good this season, that's no lie and no stanning

Problem is Poyet has already made up his mind.

Big new article in Sunderland newspapers when Sunderland was struggling "Whoever scores goals will start" - Jozy scores in the next game.. doesn't start the next two. The coach 100% has it out for him even going back on his "straight talk".. then the first good game for his striker teammates in the last 6 months and all of a sudden they are locks to start the rest of the season despite Jozy having better stats than both in 1/4th the time. It's comedic.

But seeing as apparently Jozy is linked to Lille and PSV, it might have been the best move to start his "grumblings" - Jozy has been way too happy this season despite the injustice, I bet he was just waiting for the final straw to start complaining. PSV/Lille will be a big paycut, but he got that Prem money for a year already, and can you really put a price on happiness?

Lille - starting up front with Origi, gotdamnyaman :banderas:

PSV - having actual good midfield players like his old provide Maher giving him passes :banderas:

Very astute point here. It has to be something personal between him and Poyet. Or maybe he just feels that Jozy isn't a long-term solution. :patrice:

I honestly can see Jozy flourishing at PSV. Until he can become a top scorer in the Erevdisie, he should avoid clubs in the major European leagues. The Erevdisie provides Jozy with enough competition to refine his game. PSV would allow Jozy the opportunity and the confidence to score many goals. And PSV is a reputable club in its own right. After a season or two dominating the Dutch league, he can try his hand again at the Premier League.

He's only 24 years old.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Very astute point here. It has to be something personal between him and Poyet. Or maybe he just feels that Jozy isn't a long-term solution. :patrice:

I honestly can see Jozy flourishing at PSV. Until he can become a top scorer in the Erevdisie, he should avoid clubs in the major European leagues. The Erevdisie provides Jozy with enough competition to refine his game. PSV would allow Jozy the opportunity and the confidence to score many goals. And PSV is a reputable club in its own right. After a season or two dominating the Dutch league, he can try his hand again at the Premier League.

He's only 24 years old.
that was the biggest point for me and maybe for everyone

everyone knew Sunderland wasn't the ideal move, but fukk it. he'll get that money and MAYBE it'll work, which is enough when no one has time. he should've gone to PSV first but everyone knows if any EPL team comes calling their money is multiple times whatever anyone else has

usually these big strikers that come out of the eredivisie go smaller club -> big 3 (ajax/psv/feyenoord, maybe twente) -> big euro club. instead it was smaller club -> garbage epl team

doesn't help di canio had big ideas in his head, and got fired after 5 games after making like 10 changes to the team which is ridiculous :heh:

After following Jozy at Sunderland I know exactly why English fans are mostly the most unknowledgeable, knee-jerk idiots in the entire world... that and I know they only have 90 minutes of actual sports to watch in a whole week to intensely focus on to the point where everything is magnified 10 times

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
that was the biggest point for me and maybe for everyone

everyone knew Sunderland wasn't the ideal move, but fukk it. he'll get that money and MAYBE it'll work, which is enough when no one has time. he should've gone to PSV first but everyone knows if any EPL team comes calling their money is multiple times whatever anyone else has

usually these big strikers that come out of the eredivisie go smaller club -> big 3 (ajax/psv/feyenoord, maybe twente) -> big euro club. instead it was smaller club -> garbage epl team

doesn't help di canio had big ideas in his head, and got fired after 5 games after making like 10 changes to the team which is ridiculous :heh:

After following Jozy at Sunderland I know exactly why English fans are mostly the most unknowledgeable, knee-jerk idiots in the entire world... that and I know they only have 90 minutes of actual sports to watch in a whole week to intensely focus on to the point where everything is magnified 10 times

Very true. But American fans are pretty bad and fickle themselves.

They act like know-it-alls when all they do is follow ESPN Soccernet talking points.

I really think futbol is something you have to follow instead of watching once every week.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
@Grams, remember bra, it's not the rejection that kills you, it's the hope.

Anyone been following the numerous beefs that have crashed down upon the idyllic and scarred dales of indie rock over the past few weeks?

I'm sure everyone has. Sun Kil Moon recording a diss track to the War on Drugs telling Adam Granduciel in no uncertain terms to suck his cock :ohhh:

Jack White coming at the Foo Fighters necks :ohhh:

Grimes and Ariel Pink having full on twitter feuds with The Black Lips and Waxahatchee chiming in :ohhh:

Iggy Pop firing pot shots at U2 :bow:

shyt ain't been this hot since WU LYF stormed Youth Lagoon's dressing room backstage and hemmed him up in front of a groupie :mjcry:
I need more details on all these :lupe:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Ariel Pink said Madonna had been on a downward slide since her debut? What a fukking lame :dwillhuh:

Like a Prayer was her FOURTH album FFS :beli:

Erotica and Bedtime Stories absolutely saw her fall off in the early 90's, but Ray of Light is a goddamn classic :damn:

Frozen :mjcry:
Substitute for Love :mjcry:
Nothing Really Matters :noah:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
:dead: :dead: :dead:
d2860ce0-5443-11e4-8c78-0da9ee8ad34f_RTR4A6LE.jpg

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Ariel Pink said Madonna had been on a downward slide since her debut? What a fukking lame :dwillhuh:

Like a Prayer was her FOURTH album FFS :beli:

Erotica and Bedtime Stories absolutely saw her fall off in the early 90's, but Ray of Light is a goddamn classic :damn:

Frozen :mjcry:
Substitute for Love :mjcry:
Nothing Really Matters :noah:
Take a Bow was hot fire :ufdup:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
which is why I'm deading all posts about her. You've got bigger priorities to worry about than one female in a city of 8 million bodies. allowing this talk? we off that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Promised rant post here.

OFT, lend me your ears. I'm about to update you on how things have been going for your 32nd favorite Arsenal fan Arro.

I made the decision to put off the pursuit of IT contract jobs to enter a program that requires me to be on site 30 hours a week, during business hours, to prepare for my first IT certification. And I haven't felt this positive about my future in a long time.

Since May of 2013 I've been on the hunt for a steady check. I'm approaching 18 months of pure fukking struggle. Walking into job sites full of strangers, working my ass off to impress some fukker who's been in the industry for 20 years already, who legit doesn't give a fukk about my progress, my goals, my well being. Ducking collections agents, getting mail from companies telling me how much I owe them, wondering just how far I can stretch my food and transport budget for the month. All types of struggle, the kind that wears at your body, your mind, your very essence as a man.

Yet, since I've began this program, I've been feeling fukking great about myself. I've sat in conference rooms and had people with important titles that I want to hold one day talk to me on a person to person level. I've made contacts that may not pay off immediately but will do me well in the long term. I feel like I'm making progress, and my aspirations to be successful in this game we call life are within my grasp. All I have to do is keep my focus, and keep working towards my goals. Everything I truly want is attainable as long as I push all the unimportant things out of the way and continue working diligently.

I've ditched a lot of people from my inner circle who aren't looking to advance themselves. If you are happy living like a pig on the farm, mucking around in your own shyt, I wish you all the best but I don't need to talk to you any longer. You are not useful to my end product, all you can do at this point is distract me from my ultimate goal. I see myself in 5 years or less making at least 100k, because I am fukking GREAT at what I do, and I will not allow anyone to tell me otherwise. You will recognize me as a hard worker. You will see me as the person you need to talk to to get shyt done. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DO. I see a problem, I find a solution, I deliver that solution, and I do it with an air of levity, a smile on my face, and make you believe that I am that guy. No welbz.

In a month I will have my first IT certification. Next summer I will prepare to gain my second. In another summer I will have my third. I will attend college to get a degree that will further my career and cement my credentials. There is no "I might" or "it's possible" to any of this. It's just "I will" and "I am". And if you can't relate to that, if you don't support my vision, my plan, you go straight into the shrubbery. There is no more space for "I'm doing alright. I'm happy at where I am." I will raise my throne into the stars, and I'll be damned if anything comes in front of that. I haven't even been chatting up women like that because I have more important things to worry about at the moment than which pair of thighs I can land between. Because where I'm going, I can be Lord of the Thighs if I choose to.

Basically the point of my rant is, if you really want something you better be ready to do the goddamn work to make it happen. For most people, nothing falls into your lap perfectly, and if it does you hit the probability lottery. Everyone has dreams and goals and all that nice altruistic bullshyt but most people let life deflect them away from that goal. I am the master of my destiny. I want it, so I will work to make it happen. And in the off chance it doesn't happen, I will know that I did my level best to make it happen, and I will be happy with that. There is no shame in failure if you try.
i cant rep it right now, but this is a wonderful post

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I need more details on all these :lupe:

Sun Kil Moon v. War on Drugs has had me :dead:

Breh recorded a 7 min folk song literally titled "War on Drugs: Suck My Cock"

It was all pretty tongue in cheek in that "hey we're all relatively obscure artists and all overwhelmingly white but it's ironic" way, but hilarious nonetheless

"I heard them do their soundcheck; next to the Byrds. They’re definitely the whitest band I’ve ever fukking heard" :mjlol:

Jack White been talking a lot lately, but like you said copping pleas.