Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I got an article now like the joy of 6 that names every one of Jay's nicknames:

Jazzy
Jigga
Hova
The black brad Pitt
The black warren Buffett
The black Ralph Lauren
Grey Hova
Blue Hova

He's a joke :mjcry:
he's a fukking clown :dahell:

"The Black Warren Buffett" :dead:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I really respect Nas. Because he never really emerged into the mainstream but has had some commercial success.

As Walt so deftly pointed out, Nas tried to sell out. He tried to hit those charts every single time. It's just his sellout attempts werent hot. They stood out like sore thumbs on his albums and they were universally known as :trash:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
As Walt so deftly pointed out, Nas tried to sell out. He tried to hit those charts every single time. It's just his sellout attempts werent hot. They stood out like sore thumbs on his albums and they were universally known as :trash:
:rudy:

Nas is the only rapper that can write a song that is a hit and be called "selling out." That means you give higher standards to him than your favorite rappers.

If I Ruled The World is a sell out song now? Street Dreams? Made You Look? Hate Me Now?

Lets be reality.

Some other rappers used a broadway play to get put on. Or used fish goggles lens and bright colored suits to get put on.

tumblr_inline_n8ggnxU15r1sct83q.jpg

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
:rudy:

Nas is the only rapper that can write a song that is a hit and be called "selling out." That means you give higher standards to him than your favorite rappers.

If I Ruled The World is a sell out song now? Hate Me Now?

Lets be reality.
Sell out is the wrong word, but I'm not the only one who sees the constant, :mindblown: ideological inconsistency of pnausez rapping about Black Girl Lost and this and that and then talking about his hoes on the next track, or the ills of capitalism and then his belongings on the next, etc etc. You can't preach on a pulpit about the evil of alcohol and then sell poison.

Oh wait he ended up doing just that :troll:

@BarNone knows what's up...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Sell out is the wrong word, but I'm not the only one who sees the constant, :mindblown: ideological inconsistency of pnausez rapping about Black Girl Lost and this and that and then talking about his hoes on the next track, or the ills of capitalism and then his belongings on the next, etc etc. You can't preach on a pulpit about the evil of alcohol and then sell poison.

Oh wait he ended up doing just that :troll:

@BarNone knows what's up...
Its like a person cant make music that can say different things. Its like we not human. :mjlol:

Only Nas gets held to this impossible standard, and frankly its sad. Just sad.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Quick brehs, I need that advice on bagging a bartender.

I feel like @horse. kills would give me guidance but I'm opening this up to the floor.

This is literally you brehs chilling in the bathroom stalls giving me tips, I'm currently at the bar, things going swimmingly, just need to seal things :mjcry:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Its like a person cant make music that can say different things. Its like we not human. :mjlol:

Did Nas not hold his peers to high standards? Did he not criticise others for their moves and subject matter? Did he not call other entertainers c00ns? Yet he's allowed free reign on artistic license :pachaha:

Like Karl Marx telling you private property is the root of all evil and then catching him on the block with an 18k jesus piece.....

Kobe is a c00n but it's okay for Gwyneth to say n***a :avbusure:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Did Nas not hold his peers to high standards? Did he not criticise others for their moves and subject matter? Did he not call other entertainers c00ns? Yet he's allowed free reign on artistic license :pachaha:
the problem with this argument is that Nas was getting shytted on for hit records before he said any of that. shyt, he got it for It Was Written.

Breh gets held to a higher standard because everyone knows he the GOAT. :ohlawd:

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
the problem with this argument is that Nas was getting shytted on for hit records before he said any of that. shyt, he got it for It Was Written.

Breh gets held to a higher standard because everyone knows he the GOAT. :ohlawd:
I'm not really concerned with some chronological argument. What I'm addressing is Nas stans treating him like some sort of artistic paragon when he contradicts himself logically in his worldview and in his moves constantly. I hold everyone to pretty much the same standards. That's just how I am; I don't care for preachers with dirty hands.

As for his quality, he's my #3 behind Jay and Ghostface. I love Nas, I just don't see him as flawless as an artist or person.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm not really concerned with some chronological argument. What I'm addressing is Nas stans treating him like some sort of artistic paragon when he contradicts himself logically in his worldview and in his moves constantly. I hold everyone to pretty much the same standards. That's just how I am; I don't care for preachers with dirty hands.

As for his quality, he's my #3 behind Jay and Ghostface. I love Nas, I just don't see him as flawless as an artist or person.
he's not contradicting himself, he is human. He aint flawless, that is my entire point.

Expect profound and concise worldviews from an 8th grade dropout, brehs :wow:

All of this just shows Nas is the GOAT.

Im done with this.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

Nas gets held to that standard because his stans keep telling us that he is Jesus, and that anyone who does not like Nas is a shallow individual. It is a pitiful stance that should be reserved for middle school when you stereotype who someone is based on how they dress. At the same time his fans have prevented him from casting a wider net by calling any type of enjoyable party track a sellout record as if making a respectable hit record = their father selling them lies and conforming to the man. Nas online fan base is supposedly conscious or whatever, but then loves Rick Ross. They are full of contradictions much like Nas himself and men in general, but other fan bases do not pretend to be above the fray.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
expecting this guy Nas to walk the walk when he talks down on the actions of others = expecting profundity

:ehh: Nas stans

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I'm on salary and I've "worked" about 6 total hours since Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to hang around the Javits Center with my camera taking pics of the PAWGS in costumes for Comic Con.

Oh, while on "company time" and paycheck deposits on Friday.

:win:
That place is where I took the bar exam, it was so damn garbage. But you sound like you are livin it up...cannot wait until I move to NYC this winter. :mjcry:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Quick brehs, I need that advice on bagging a bartender.

I feel like @horse. kills would give me guidance but I'm opening this up to the floor.

This is literally you brehs chilling in the bathroom stalls giving me tips, I'm currently at the bar, things going swimmingly, just need to seal things :mjcry:
nikka tryna be me now :mjlol:

That place is where I took the bar exam, it was so damn garbage. But you sound like you are livin it up...cannot wait until I move to NYC this winter. :mjcry:
Where do you live now? :usure: it's expensive as fook and NYC winters will slap the living daylights outta you