Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eas-for-first-time-in-more-than-a-decade.html

Arsenal’s annual wage bill moves ahead of Chelsea’s for first time in more than a decade
Exclusive: Recent arrivals of Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck and Mathieu Debuchy mean Arsenal are now third behind Manchester clubs in Premier League salary spend

Accounts for the year ending May 31, 2014 were published on Friday by Arsenal and revealed that the annual wage bill had increased to £166.4 million, while revenues exceeded £300 million for the first time in the club’s history. This summer’s transfer activity, however, is not included in the accounts and the net increase to the wage bill following the arrivals of Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck, Mathieu Debuchy, David Ospina and Calum Chambers is around £15 million. That would put the wage bill for this current 2014-15 season at over £180 million. This will fluctuate slightly depending on performance-related elements of the contracts.

Chelsea’s most recently disclosed wage bill was £176 million, for the year ending 2012-13, but the Telegraph can reveal that this figure has stayed virtually static over the past two years amid the departures of older, higher-profile players like Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Fernando Torres.

It all means that the financial figures relating to this current season – 2014-15 – are expected to show that Arsenal are now actually only third behind Manchester United and Manchester City in the Premier Leaguefor spending in salaries. The results are a further indication of a subtle but definite changing in the Premier League landscape as Uefa’s financial fair-play regulations take hold. In the first full season after the takeover at Stamford Bridge by Roman Abramovich, Deloitte estimated Chelsea's wage bill of £115 million in 2003/04 as “almost certainly the highest in world football”.

@SCORCH must be laughing hard. all that money spent by the gunners yet they arent yielding results :mjlol:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Dear oh dear m8s. If I make it past these next 24 hours I'll know I'm really one of God's best. Pray for me :mjcry:
Now you really fukking with God's best. I will point I will aim I'll fly planes in ya projects :blessed:

@yoyoyo1 the Sounders - Red bulls game is about to be the opposite of lit
1f525.png
it's gonna be a shalacking :mjcry:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eas-for-first-time-in-more-than-a-decade.html

Arsenal’s annual wage bill moves ahead of Chelsea’s for first time in more than a decade
Exclusive: Recent arrivals of Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck and Mathieu Debuchy mean Arsenal are now third behind Manchester clubs in Premier League salary spend

@SCORCH must be laughing hard. all that money spent by the gunners yet they arent yielding results :mjlol:

You ain't shyt throwing salt in a fresh wound
yhJ9qqZ.png

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Historically, having a high or the highest wage bill usually means that team will win the league.

What part of the game is it having a high wage bill but being in the running to win nothing :mjcry:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Historically, having a high or the highest wage bill usually means that team will win the league.

What part of the game is it having a high wage bill but being in the running to win nothing :mjcry:
big wage budget but they still havent got a certified striker :mjcry:

did he give welbeck high wages? hustled by the agent for a bust player :mjcry:

i love this smiley :mjcry:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Ari Gold Bawse acting like Man Utd ain't spending 200m+ on that shower of shyte :mjlol:

Just reading this article on the Guardian about black rom-coms making a comeback or whatever and the first comment is:

not sure black audiences are under served. they've released 6 fast and furious films for god's sake!

:dahell::russ:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD

:camby:

This summer’s transfer activity, however, is not included in the accounts

The headline makes for good wumming though. We won't know the true cost of either squad until next fall when the actual numbers are released. For now, we are relying on reported wages and such.

Does it please me as an Arsenal fan to know that our wage bill and Chelsea's could be closely correlated, while Chelsea gets more bang for their buck than Arsenal does? Nah. But it's nothing to throw a hissy fit over. I'm more pissed at the listless performance that the Arsenal players put forth in Dortmund than the amount of money they are making. I'm more pissed about winning 2 games out of 8 so far in PL/CL play. I'm more pissed about the formation and tactics put forth by Arsene recently. The wage bill is just a talking point. It's the quality of football that matters to me.

Then again, I'm in America, and I don't pay for tickets to see Arsenal in person. I can imagine that the average Arsenal season ticket holder would see a headline like this and :fire:. That's their problem though.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
:camby:

The headline makes for good wumming though. We won't know the true cost of either squad until next fall when the actual numbers are released. For now, we are relying on reported wages and such.

Does it please me as an Arsenal fan to know that our wage bill and Chelsea's could be closely correlated, while Chelsea gets more bang for their buck than Arsenal does? Nah. But it's nothing to throw a hissy fit over. I'm more pissed at the listless performance that the Arsenal players put forth in Dortmund than the amount of money they are making. I'm more pissed about winning 2 games out of 8 so far in PL/CL play. I'm more pissed about the formation and tactics put forth by Arsene recently. The wage bill is just a talking point. It's the quality of football that matters to me.

you talmbout transfer fees though
jRDU89YzDOP1p.png

krTdFJc.png

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
you talmbout transfer fees though
jRDU89YzDOP1p.png

krTdFJc.png

and a couple of years ago, chelsea and man city would have been at the top of that chart. clubs get great talent via three methods. one, a great academy that produces players who are worthy of first team football on cheap wages. two, buying prospects from other academies and clubs before they become known qualities on the open market and their price tags shoot up to superstar level. three, buying the close to finished/finished product from other clubs, luring them away with large wages and the promises of winning trophies.

chelsea and man city have already put big amounts of money out into the market. since their players were bought previously, the amounts of money they had to put forward is less than the amounts that a team would have to put out there right now. the inflation of money into the football market means you're paying more for talent, proven or otherwise, than you would 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 10 years ago.

so basically.....
41022-will-smith-I-aint-even-mad-tKbi.jpeg

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
You even gon understand french?:lolbron:

I remember my cousins in montreal telling me how awesome his concert this past summer.
I know enough to not be completely illiterate.

but the breh's genius had me looking up in-depth translated lyrics, which made me realize he was even more of a genius than i thought :ohlawd:

:ohlawd: what a guy

so many euros, so many french speaking people in one place. unique, thats for sure