Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Breh your quote is just stating how some agents want to run their clients entire lives and not just the football/management part.. It says nothing about them deciding their career choices. Just read the link I posted, the articke is from a football agent.

Look, it's as simple as this, the player tells his agent "I want to play for this club and I want at least this much loney, go and make it happen". And then agent does his and tries to get the best deal possible.

fukk it :shaq2:
Read the links you mug.

And yes, a blog by a football agent is going to be completely unbiased :snoop:

And sometimes it's as simple as that, but a lot of the time it clearly isn't, there i evidence to this.

I wish we could live in your world of rainbows and fluffy bunnies but it's not reality. Sorry.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to these proportions so bore off with that. We paid for our transfers with our status as a club and then success, now we spend despite the glazers not because of them. But honestly, i'm not getting in to that boring shyte at all.:shaq2:

:usure: It is comparable because you paid transfer fees that no other team in the league could at that time. You forgotten about £30milli for ferdinand already? What team in '02 could've paid that?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

its an alleged theory

remember when Fergie and Wenger had that speech together at the LMA a few years ago? When the Cronaldo statement came up, Wenger alluded to outside factors scuppering that deal for Arsenal and Fergie grabbed him in a joking way. The rumor is that Arsenal had a deal agreed with Sporting for Cronaldo and Cronaldo was ready to sign for like 7 million, and then the fee jumped to 12 million out of the blue and Cronaldo was at United.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:usure: It is comparable because you paid transfer fees that no other team in the league could at that time. You forgotten about £30milli for ferdinand already? What team in '02 could've paid that?

Where did that money come from? That's all that matters. We earned it.

Chelsea, City, PSG did not, it's pretty huge fukking difference. :what:

its an alleged theory

remember when Fergie and Wenger had that speech together at the LMA a few years ago? When the Cronaldo statement came up, Wenger alluded to outside factors scuppering that deal for Arsenal and Fergie grabbed him in a joking way. The rumor is that Arsenal had a deal agreed with Sporting for Cronaldo and Cronaldo was ready to sign for like 7 million, and then the fee jumped to 12 million out of the blue and Cronaldo was at United.
Ah the old wenger line of "we could have signed this now world class player but...we didn't"

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did that money come from? That's all that matters. We earned it.

Chelsea, City, PSG did not, it's pretty huge fukking difference. :what:

:leostare: who cares...seriously. That's like talking about the difference between 1kg of rocks and 1kg of feathers. At the end of the day, its still 1kg (terrible analogy, but :manny:)

My point is. Man Utd blew the transfer markets back out for years once upon a time and you weren't talking al this ":why: where's the financial fair play brehs?" shyte then. But now you want to be all ":yeshrug: that ain't fair doe" when you can't get your way anymore...what part of the game is that?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
United "earned" it by floating their club on the markets. Then a faux rich Jewish man bought up shares and bought the club off the market, and now they cry foul because other clubs have money and are buying their targets. Dont feel good, huh? :heh:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
its an alleged theory

There have, however, been some: about which agents actually worked on the deal and how much they were paid; about how close Ronaldo came to signing for Arsenal; and why United paid £12.24m when it was rumoured Sporting Lisbon had been discussing a fee of €6m with other English clubs, including the north Londoners.

According to Formation's claim, and Tony Henry, Formation's then principal agent working with Gestifute, Mendes told them at the time that he had received €400,000 from United for the Ronaldo deal. Then United reported in their 2004 accounts that they had paid £1.129m to agents in the transfer.

In defence documents seen by the Guardian, Mendes has said United did not pay him at all and that his fee was paid by an Italian agent, Giovanni Branchini. The Football Association, through which clubs must pay all agents' fees, is understood to have stated, following court orders that it discloses the detail, that United did indeed pay "another agent" – not Mendes – £1m.

Why United more than doubled the fee being discussed to sign Ronaldo, and what role Branchini performed to merit being paid when Mendes was Ronaldo's agent, and why the Italian then apparently paid Mendes are questions that remain unanswered. Branchini and Mendes did not answer the Guardian's queries about these details of the deal.

The brightest star in Europe and £1m to a mysterious agent | David Conn | Sport | The Guardian

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Status of our club.

Before the 90's, despite Liverpools success, we were still the glamour club in England :manny:

That's all well and good, but let's not act like the 10 million plastic fans you acquired in the late 90's/early 2000's didn't play a big part in ruining football.

United, along with Real Madrid, were pioneers of the unabashed economism that has led to what football has become.

Bit rich for United fans to start rejecting that now that they aren't the biggest sharks in the tank.

Also I am bitter that Celtic will never again be able to compete.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That's all well and good, but let's not act like the 10 million plastic fans you acquired in the late 90's/early 2000's didn't play a big part in ruining football.

United, along with Real Madrid, were pioneers of the unabashed economism that has led to what football has become.

Bit rich for United fans to start rejecting that now that they aren't the biggest sharks in the tank.

Also I am bitter that Celtic will never again be able to compete.
We earned those plastic fans :yeshrug:

We'll reject what we want, the circumstances are different, which you all know they are.

And as far as celtic competing goes, maybe you have to set yourselves up in England...which reminds me i have a wonderful conspiracy theory to present

original

Seems in my very own Carlisle a club has popped up with the name Celtic Nation FC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Nation_F.C.

Apparently owned by a rich scotsman who made his money in america with car washes or something of that nature, he's invested heavily(relative to that level of football) in both the infrastructure and playing squad. I was told he's signing league 2/conference level players and paying them hundreds of pounds a week(obviously unheard of at that level). Now, this team are only a few divisions off the conference north.

Perhaps a rich celtics fans pet project...or perhaps Celtics future route in to English football in a potential Rangers/Bury situation.

You be the judge.

ancientaliens.jpg

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Being honest, I would love to see Celtic competing in the English league. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

England don't want us though :sadbron:

Within 5 years we'd be title contenders :takedat:

Any Americans are more than welcome to take up the cause of Celtic btw. I didn't mean all that about you being plastics :guilty: