Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
that's not how it would work, cause a lot of the obscure channels come pre-packaged with the more popular. so the channel tells the company: if you take espn, you gotta take classic, u, deportes, etc. if its a free for all, then the unpopular channels skyrocket in price

Why would the unpopular channels skyrocket in price? Surely the prices would raise for the more popular channels?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Why would the unpopular channels skyrocket in price? Surely the prices would raise for the more popular channels?
Because extortion doesn't work, as long as people find it reasonable they will pay. Like netflix, most people found that price increase unreasonable.

Less people have to pay more money, if not they aren't able to keep up with operating costs and rights fees. As opposed to many people paying a lower rate.

:pachaha: Seattle ties it right back up

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I used to like KC but these guys have gotten boring, they even play defensive at home what's up with that.

Extra time.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Whos the sideline guy? Hes been horrible most of this match, giving us useless knowledge or just sounds lost or surprised when they go to him.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Whos the sideline guy? Hes been horrible most of this match, giving us useless knowledge or just sounds lost or surprised when they go to him.

GolTV picked this match up randomly, no idea who these sideline people are, rank amateurs but that' always been the case with this channel except for Phil and Ray.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
GolTV picked this match up randomly, no idea who these sideline people are, rank amateurs but that' always been the case with this channel except for Phil and Ray.

Its worse when theyre doing Bundesliga games and they dont get the German guy to call the game. So they have one of these guys call it and they mispronounce most of the German names. Its 90mins of :snoop:

This has been a boring game so far, I think Seattle unfortunately pulls it out though.

ETA: I think GolTv has the rights to Open Cup games now. I thought I read that somewhere last week.