Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It depends on the deal.

Bebe was a down payment for De Gea but what about Ronaldo's transfer from Sporting. Fee doubled for no reason.

Jorge Mendes took care of Fergie before he went to Madrid full time.

I couldn't be arsed explaining it but yeah, that's the theory.

Plus the fact that Bebe was a small-ish fee, he'd obviously be more willing in that case. But not when the fee is silly money.

I've never heard of any shenanigans re: the ronaldo deal so you're going to have to back that up with some links to some conspiracy theories.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Again, naivety. I don't know how long you've been following the football world, but agents run transfers, if they're not getting paid, it isn't happening, simple as that.

Breh, the agent works for the player. The player can fire his agent if he wants to. If hazard wanted to go to united, it would've happened no matter what his agent wanted. But chelsea offered him more money, so of course he accepted. Has nothing to do with no got damn agent fee :snoop:

Edit: and the agents are always getting paid. They get a percentage of the players wages and transfer fee.. So what are you talking about

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:beli: what goes around comes around. He was outspending teams for years until roman came on the block

Not to these proportions so bore off with that. We paid for our transfers with our status as a club and then success, now we spend despite the glazers not because of them. But honestly, i'm not getting in to that boring shyte at all.:shaq2:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Breh, the agent work for the player. The player can fire his agent if he wants to. If hazard wanted to go to united, it would've happened no matter what his agent wanted. But chelsea offered him more money, so of course he accepted. Has nothing to do with no got damn agent fee :snoop:

Edit: and the agents are always getting paid. They get a percentage of the players wages and transfer fee.. So what are you talking about

If an agents wants a player to go to a club, it's more than likely that's where they'll go.

lol @ agents working for players, they're working for themselves, the players are simply the means to the end. LOL @ just being able to fire an agent, it would probably cost the player more than the extra wages he'd be getting:stopitslime:

Start living in he real world mate:pachaha:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Not to these proportions so bore off with that. We paid for our transfers with our status as a club and then success, now we spend despite the glazers not because of them. But honestly, i'm not getting in to that boring shyte at all.:shaq2:
Not to mention all that Sky money, and the whoring around the globe to attract revenue from n00b fans in America, Africa and the Far East.

:ld:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
If an agents wants a player to go to a club, it's more than likely that's where they'll go.

lol @ agents working for players, they're working for themselves, the players are simply the means to the end. LOL @ just being able to fire an agent, it would probably cost the player more than the extra wages he'd be getting:stopitslime:

Start living in he real world mate:pachaha:

So you're trying to tell me that an agent has more say in a players career choices than the player himself.. You can't be this stupid breh :heh:

Of course agents are working for themselves (who isn't), but they are employed by the player is what im trying to tell you.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Read this article breh, you need it. It will tell you how player agents work.

The Life Of A Soccer Agent During The Transfer Window - Sports Agent Blog

"Once I have spoken to the relevant decision-maker and he identifies to me what type of player the club is searching for my job is to then send them appropriate Resumes with DVDs wherever possible.* A degree of judgment now becomes necessary.* There is no point, generally speaking, sending the club players who have not yet played to a high enough standard as they simply won’t be selected and my reputation suffers.* The other side of that dialectic is not to send them players who are already playing at a higher level than that particular club because more often than not the player will not want to sign a contract.* Remember, an Agent’s job is to always act in the best interests of his client.* This must be balanced with establishing a solid working relationship with the decision-makers – not always an easy task."

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
So you're trying to tell me that an agent has more say in a players career choices than the player himself.. You can't be this stupid breh :heh:

Of course agents are working for themselves (who isn't), but they are employed by the player is what im trying to tell you.

Depends on the player, obviously not the top established players, but young up and coming players, of course.

They are employed by the agent but this is not some polish girl you've hired to come clean your toilet, you can't just tell them to do one whenever you want with no repercussions. These agents promise players all they've ever wanted, lock them down, then squeeze everything they can out of them.

Who do you think negotiates everything? The players are very rarely in on those meetings, how many times do you hear "i'm leaving it to my agent" in a way it's sad really, they're getting taken for more than they have to be, but on the other hand they wouldn't getting as much without the agent.

Your naivety is staggering tbf.

Read these

Sir Alex Ferguson reveals agents' outrageous demands to United | Football | The Guardian

Ferguson attacks agents for Mancini's Tevez saga - Premier League - Football - The Independent

Fergie queries agents' role | Sky Sports

"Management today is a complex situation in terms of the type of player we have to deal with. A lot of players today are dominated by their agent. You get agents who buy their groceries, do their travel, polish their boots. That is the kind of human being you are having to deal with these days with some agents. Some other agents are quite responsible and allow the players to have their own responsibilities and do things themselves like buy their house, buy their car and do their banking. But others dominate their lives. That situation for a manager is not easy. Any manager coming into the game today – it is not an easy job. It is different from when I started. It is much, much more complex and more difficult to deal with."

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Not to mention all that Sky money, and the whoring around the globe to attract revenue from n00b fans in America, Africa and the Far East.

:ld:

Status of our club.

Before the 90's, despite Liverpools success, we were still the glamour club in England :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I've never heard of any shenanigans re: the ronaldo deal so you're going to have to back that up with some links to some conspiracy theories.

United allegedly paid Mendes about £5 million for Cronaldo to go there.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
United allegedly paid Mendes about £5 million for Cronaldo to go there.

Link it

Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM
Fergie on Moura: "its amazing PSG can pay 45m Euros for a 19yr old. The only deterrent left is UEFA. Platini will be concerned"

Fergie :troll:

I've been waiting for Platini's stance on foreign owners now it's a french club feeling the benefit:mjpls:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Breh your quote is just stating how some agents want to run their clients entire lives and not just the football/management part.. It says nothing about them deciding their career choices. Just read the link I posted, the article is from a football agent.

Look, it's as simple as this, the player tells his agent "I want to play for this club and I want at least this much loney, go and make it happen". And then agent does his and tries to get the best deal possible.

fukk it :shaq2: