Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we can all agree that the most digusting part of that deal is the agent fee :what:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The agent fee is usually a percentage of the transfer fee. I doubt he got his own seperate deal :ohhh:

Then your doubts are drowning in naivety.

There's a reason Hazard is playing for Chelsea and not United right now.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Because of the agent fee? :dwillhuh:

Of course. Well that and the higher wages Chelsea gave him.

People like scorcher will try and tell you it's because he preferred chelsea's 'project' but no one's believeing that :usure:

The amount of deals we walk away from/players we don't sign because of high agent fees/wages is crazy.

Except Bebe, that was an anomaly.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because of the agent fee? :dwillhuh:

money-under-the-table.png

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps

People like scorcher will try and tell you it's because he preferred chelsea's 'project' but no one's believeing that :usure:

The amount of deals we walk away from/players we don't sign because of high agent fees/wages is crazy.

So hazard went to chelsea because they offered the best deal to his agent.. :huhldup:

Of course it was for the wages.. But not because his agent got the best deal lol

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
Fergie quotes from manutd.com

Sir Alex Ferguson says he is persevering in his bid to sign Robin van Persie after losing out on Lucas Moura.

With PSG declaring they have won the race to sign Brazilian Lucas for a club record fee, speculation has been rife that the Reds are stepping up attempts to land the Arsenal captain. Although the Gunners would clearly prefer to sell to a club outside of the Barclays Premier League, the boss is hopeful a deal can be struck.

"I can't give you any more information," he said when asked about van Persie. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We just have to persevere. Hopefully it will come our way. We're trying our best but there's no progress at this moment in time.

"I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

Regarding Lucas' sale from Sao Paulo, it is further evidence that the cash-laden Parisiens mean business in the transfer market.

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy," Sir Alex continued. "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they've signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA. In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

^^ basically what we have been avoiding for the past two or three years with the ridiculous fees, i am with fergie on this one

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
So hazard went to chelsea because they offered the best deal to his agent.. :huhldup:

Of course it was for the wages.. But not because his agent got the best deal lol

Again, naivety. I don't know how long you've been following the football world, but agents run transfers, if they're not getting paid, it isn't happening, simple as that.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

It depends on the deal.

Bebe was a down payment for De Gea but what about Ronaldo's transfer from Sporting. Fee doubled for no reason.

Jorge Mendes took care of Fergie before he went to Madrid full time.