Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Damn it just dawned on me.

Wenget signed two of the best young players of the last 10 years in back to back summers :ohhh:

Ballin era
S9e5t87.png
Damn it just dawned on me, we signed Luis Suarez :ohhh:

Bitin Era
S9e5t87.png
As a professional flip-flopper, that was nice :ehh:

I have no idea what they're saying, but if I had to guess it translates roughly to "Brazil lost"
:mjlol:

Argentines been mad disrespectful this tourney. Brazilians must be heated :mjlol: Imagine Argentina winning this Sunday and the fans chanting that in the Maracana :wow:
@Hollister, how would you react ? :lupe:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Changed my avy and sig in support of the motherland, wonder if it is ban worthy :patrice:
Yooo wtf happened to your rep breh? :mindblown::russ:

----------

Also, man like that mug phil thompson sounding mad butthurt over suarez and sanchez coming to arsenal, talmbout sanchez doesn't know what he's missed out on playing for liverpool, withe the power and worldwide recognition of LFC and has just chosen to live in london....

:mjlol: be a liverpool fan brehs :umad:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Sky sports reporting 64 milli yeah :ld:

And knowing barca, that'll clearly not be all cash upfront :ld:

Not gonna lie, i'd be ringing carlos if i were you liverpool man :ld:
half are already drowning their sorrows at 1pm

ssn and talksport got liverpool fans crying, did they really expect suarez to be loyal :mjlol:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Wtf Chelsea :stopitslime: Let that African French nikka play for Juve one more year n let him go to Madrid. fukking up plans and shyt.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's all banter but to think our last two buys are Ozil and Sanchez is so wild to me.

I could remember the 8-2 and losing my power during that game, I can remember 4-4, Van Persie shytting on us on July 4th, Mata falling through, Fabregas going on strike, not even having a hope for Hazard, Squillaci-Silvestre at the Nou Camp :mjlol:, Bendtner miss at Nou Camp, Robin's red at the Nou Camp :dahell:, thinking Mark Schwarzer was a good summer addition :dead:, remember Wenger not paying the extra 3 mil for Alonso, remember Adebayor with the GOAT celebration when he scored against us, all the broken cannons, all the ambition talk, and then to see some one like Sanchez roll up to play with Ozil :damn:

This feels way better than Cesc tbh, better fit.

:wow:

How about 4-4 versus Tottenham on the week of Halloween. :why:

Eduardo breaking his leg

That CL semifinal against United.

The Almunia era.

Genuinely hoping Luiz fukkING Gustavo signed for us :mjlol:

That match at City where we had Gavin Hoyte starting at right back :damn:

Nasri's 4 months of being the best player in the league followed by him bolting that summer.

Legit thinking Bendtner, Frimpong, Merida, Coquelin, Eastmond would be great for us.

Oezil was the start of things, but today really feels like Arsenal wont be pushed around financially anymore. The Sanchez signing happened so fast too. Thats what is bugged to me.

And you'll still finish 4th.:mjlol:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Thank fukk that fakkit Suarez has finally left..who is going to be our key signing though? Or are we going to pull another Spurs?

@phillycavsfan, @WickedGames, @rnbroom

Once Sanchez fell through, it's looking more and more like they won't land the big name to replace in this transfer window. It's still early, but I highly doubt it's gonna happen. Right now Rodgers and Ayre are just filling out the roster with enough talent to compete in the CL and league, and I think they're succeeding.

They've acquired a bunch of proven EPL talent (Lallana, Lambert, Wilfried Bony is looking very likely) and young guys who could be great (Can, Markovic, Origi). They're also looking at Antoine Griezmann, but honestly I'd rather just save money until late September or January and wait for the big name.

Of those names, Markovic is really the only one I get really excited over. He's gonna be a star; the only question is when. Him and Lallana are perfect fits for Rodgers' system (athletic, creative, quick on the ball, and hardworking), which is why even though I'm not over the moon about these signings, they're a far cry from how Spurs screwed up. They're not just guys Rodgers rustled up from all over Europe.

My guess they'll add Moreno and Lovren (sigh) to shore up the defense (and finally end Glen Johnson's reign of terror at right back) and then they'll be done. They probably won't be title contenders at the outset, but they're still much, much better than United, Spurs, or Everton.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
half are already drowning their sorrows at 1pm

ssn and talksport got liverpool fans crying, did they really expect suarez to be loyal :mjlol:

It always hurts to lose a player but Liverpool won. I'm always for flipping players and creating a better foundation. Spurs had that opportunity, Liverpoool have it now.

Suarez was always gonna screw you in the end. As long as they have Sterling and build around him, they're good. Suarez carried them early but late in the season it was Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson stepping up. Lambert and Bony :mjlol: aside they should be happy.

So are we gonna act like these Puma kits aren't tacky and sh1t? :patrice:

They're selling looser joints but yeah, we took the money and looked the other way.

Will say tho, they appreciated us more than Nike. The kit launch and their social media work has been epic.

Last edited:
Daps
Once Sanchez fell through, it's looking more and more like they won't land the big name to replace in this transfer window. It's still early, but I highly doubt it's gonna happen. Right now Rodgers and Ayre are just filling out the roster with enough talent to compete in the CL and league, and I think they're succeeding.

They've acquired a bunch of proven EPL talent (Lallana, Lambert, Wilfried Bony is looking very likely) and young guys who could be great (Can, Markovic, Origi). They're also looking at Antoine Griezmann, but honestly I'd rather just save money until late September or January and wait for the big name.

Of those names, Markovic is really the only one I get really excited over. He's gonna be a star; the only question is when. Him and Lallana are perfect fits for Rodgers' system (athletic, creative, quick on the ball, and hardworking), which is why even though I'm not over the moon about these signings, they're a far cry from how Spurs screwed up. They're not just guys Rodgers rustled up from all over Europe.

My guess they'll add Moreno and Lovren (sigh) to shore up the defense (and finally end Glen Johnson's reign of terror at right back) and then they'll be done. They probably won't be title contenders at the outset, but they're still much, much better than United, Spurs, or Everton.

remember when I said they signed up lambert early because they were gonna sell suarez and you thought i was delusional. :mjlol:

small club mentality bruh

helped madrid get bale for ozil
helped barca get suarez for sanchez

next we gonna help psg get hazard and get cavani

:shaq:

Daps
It always hurts to lose a player but Liverpool won. I'm always for flipping players and creating a better foundation. Spurs had that opportunity, Liverpoool have it now.

Suarez was always gonna screw you in the end. As long as they have Sterling and build around him, they're good. Suarez carried them early but late in the season it was Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson stepping up. Lambert and Bony :mjlol: aside they should be happy.

If Rodgers can sustain this seasons success, then much respect to him. Still think they are nothing with Suarez. He made everything happen for that team. They probably told him, get us to the CL and we will sell you, that nikka tried 1000X harder to get out of Liverpool. :mjlol: