Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang Froome is gone :banderas:

He's not even hurt it seems, he just fukking quit :wow:

Wiggins is probably laughing so hard he's gonna give himself a hernia :heh:
Yeah saw that too :dwillhuh:
But he fell twice today because of the rain and he fell yesterday. So I guess, it was maybe a little injured or it's just real bad luck. Is there any animosity between Wiggo and Froome ? I don't know SKY like that.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yeah saw that too :dwillhuh:
But he fell twice today because of the rain and he fell yesterday. So I guess, it was maybe a little injured or it's just real bad luck. Is there any animosity between Wiggo and Froome ? I don't know SKY like that.
BIG time. It was all behind the scenes until Froome put out his book (which btw if you read any bit of it will make you despise him) and basically aired out all of their dirty laundry and tried to play Wiggo like an insecure bum who was nothing without him. Dude tried to low-key ask if he could attack and win the Tour in 2012. And then all the stories coming out of the team basically say Froome was going to bounce unless he was promised team leader at the TdF, and then was given hegemony over the squad taken and didn't want Wiggins with him. Some of the Sky brehs even came at him for attacking Wiggins in 2012 and he didn't want them either.

And then this year, Wiggins doesn't ride the Giro, no plans to ride the Vuelta, looked obvious he was going to the Tour but it seems like Froome didn't want him there.

It's just hilarious that Riis came out and said that Sky would regret not bringing Wiggins, and that especially at this stage it would kill them.

And then this weak spirited fukkboy quits before they even hit the cobbles :heh:

Seems Wiggo said fukk it after the Tour of California since he knew he wasn't going to the tour and has started focusing on the track for the commonwealth games. Rumors have him bouncing to Garmin or Orica next year.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
BIG time. It was all behind the scenes until Froome put out his book (which btw if you read any bit of it will make you despise him) and basically aired out all of their dirty laundry and tried to play Wiggo like an insecure bum who was nothing without him. Dude tried to low-key ask if he could attack and win the Tour in 2012. And then all the stories coming out of the team basically say Froome was going to bounce unless he was promised team leader at the TdF, and then was given hegemony over the squad taken and didn't want Wiggins with him. Some of the Sky brehs even came at him for attacking Wiggins in 2012 and he didn't want them either.

And then this year, Wiggins doesn't ride the Giro, no plans to ride the Vuelta, looked obvious he was going to the Tour but it seems like Froome didn't want him there.

It's just hilarious that Riis came out and said that Sky would regret not bringing Wiggins, and that especially at this stage it would kill them.

And then this weak spirited fukkboy quits before they even hit the cobbles :heh:

Seems Wiggo said fukk it after the Tour of California since he knew he wasn't going to the tour and has started focusing on the track for the commonwealth games. Rumors have him bouncing to Garmin or Orica next year.
:ohhh:
Well damn, I didn't know about all that. Anyway, I've never had any sympathy for Froome so I will not hide my joy at him retiring :mjpls:
But let's be real, Froome was always better than Wiggo even in 2012 when I remember him attacking without even trying and Wiggo struggling in the mountains. I can understand him being frustrating because his potential was locked because of Wiggo.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Liu Kang said:
:camby:

EDIT : And yeah it was really a Spurs/Heat style of match : team play VS individualities, the former being always superior except when one of the individuality is on fire.
:lolbron: well I don't think it even matches up there given that you could argue Germany has superior individual play makers to even a healthy Brazil

:lawd: Muller

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:lolbron: well I don't think it even matches up there given that you could argue Germany has superior individual play makers to even a healthy Brazil

:lawd: Muller
Duncan > Bosh
Diaw > Lewis
Parker > Chalmers
Green > Wade
Leonard < James

I think the comparison fits really well :mjpls: :lolbron:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:ohhh:
Well damn, I didn't know about all that. Anyway, I've never had any sympathy for Froome so I will not hide my joy at him retiring :mjpls:
But let's be real, Froome was always better than Wiggo even in 2012 when I remember him attacking without even trying and Wiggo struggling in the mountains. I can understand him being frustrating because his potential was locked because of Wiggo.
Yeah, which is why I was on Team Froome then. If Froome could have rode freely in that tour he would have won by some ungodly margin. Riding for Wiggins until it was too late is why Froome didn't get the Vuelta in 2011, either. I don't think anyone is mad Froome got the spot he deserved, but ever since he got it he's been unbearable.

Todays race though :lupe: First off, amazing stage :wow: This is how a proper GT should be to me. Everything that isn't a mountain stage should basically be a monument with a time trial (one flat and one mountain) and then a few sprints sprinkled in. Stage 2 was basically an English Liege and today was the Roubaix and look at the damage that's already been done to the GC's.

Contador a couple of minutes back :lupe: He's lost time to Porte too :lupe: Nibbles has looked like a fukking hero in this fist week :wow: This is his 2013 Giro form.

This first week has done it's job. The GC contention is already in disarray and we haven't even gotten to a climb yet. Berto is going to have to make up two minutes on legit fukking climbers in Nibbles, Porte, and my MAIN MAN TALANSKY :myman:

This is going to be an amazing tour :wow:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
About to have a moan :snoop:

This fukkboy Obama is shutting down Denver :snoop:

And of course he's speaking in my neighborhood park :snoop:

Can't even get out of the neighborhood :snoop:

And he's hear to speak for Udall :snoop:

Denver Post reported Udall ain't even in Denver :snoop:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, am I wrong for seeing potential parallels between Brazil = USA Basketball? Maybe our wake up call was in 2004

No real structure
Intense focus on athletes and not developing skilled players
Misreading your advantages

Feel like making a :troll: thread about it

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@horse. kills, we need to be together at a time like this homie

:hug:

That match left me speechless, no words to describe what went wrong, what we should've done, although i will say that we should've started more defensive instead of replacing Bernard for Neymar. If we did we wouldnt have lost so shamefully.

Facebook feeds are full of the "i told you so" "dilma deserved this" etc bullshyt. Self-hating brazilians, shyt is ridiculous, brazilians that live abroad are supporting the country (not the team because of the obvious disgraceful performance), and while those brazilians that live in Brazil are burning flags for who knows what reason?!

I dont want to see Argentina anywhere near the final, and i think if we play them and beat them in the 3rd place game, we'll at least finish the tournament with some dignity.

Btw, I did vote for Germany in the BBB WC Thread.

:mjpls:
lean on me breh :to:

the fury is not even unleashed until argentina walks away with something this summer :damn:

#oremos #tamojunto

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Brehs, am I wrong for seeing potential parallels between Brazil = USA Basketball? Maybe our wake up call was in 2004

No real structure
Intense focus on athletes and not developing skilled players
Misreading your advantages

Feel like making a :troll: thread about it
ive been saying this since 2010, not a :troll: thread at all