Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you @mastermind, Ganso was the player I couldn't remember his name...shame on Scolari...imagine a top side taking Fred and Jo as strike partners for Neymar

Brasil is about flair, skill and winning...he relied on his past glories with Ronaldinho, Ronny and Rivaldo...

only so long the defensive bullshyt Mourinho style (2 defensive centre mids) will work...

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
shytting on Fred and Jo is all well and good but who else do they have?

Pato? Luis Fabiano? Leandro Damiao? Wagner Love? :mjlol:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Can someone explain to me who that c*nt netw3rk is on Grantland and why the fukk does he get to go by netw3rk?

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Just in case you were wondering I don't either now.

Given my taste in Carly Simon tracks, I think you do :ld:

Oh you guys butt buddies :leon:

Yall can go do ur thing:heh:

I know you still feelin dat 7-1 trashin breh:mjlol:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Thank you @mastermind, Ganso was the player I couldn't remember his name...shame on Scolari...imagine a top side taking Fred and Jo as strike partners for Neymar

Brasil is about flair, skill and winning...he relied on his past glories with Ronaldinho, Ronny and Rivaldo...

only so long the defensive bullshyt Mourinho style (2 defensive centre mids) will work...
Ganso was suppose be the next number 10. His slow style of playmaking is similar to pirlos. He was a beast at santos and then the injuires piled up. Its funny everyone was complaining about dunga coaching the brazilian squad but scolari makes him actually look good

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The other thing with Brazil is that they have ALWAYS had a #9. When I saw that Fred was the #9, I knew they had no chance to win this tournament.

Pato was supposed to be the guy, but he quit the sport at 22.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
@horse. kills, we need to be together at a time like this homie

:hug:

That match left me speechless, no words to describe what went wrong, what we should've done, although i will say that we should've started more defensive instead of replacing Bernard for Neymar. If we did we wouldnt have lost so shamefully.

Facebook feeds are full of the "i told you so" "dilma deserved this" etc bullshyt. Self-hating brazilians, shyt is ridiculous, brazilians that live abroad are supporting the country (not the team because of the obvious disgraceful performance), and while those brazilians that live in Brazil are burning flags for who knows what reason?!

I dont want to see Argentina anywhere near the final, and i think if we play them and beat them in the 3rd place game, we'll at least finish the tournament with some dignity.

Btw, I did vote for Germany in the BBB WC Thread.

:mjpls:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Let's be real a second because there's nothing suprising about how Germany performed yesterday : they have been consistent since 2006. After their horrendous 2004 Euro, they just decided to do a tabula rasa and built new foundations. What's funny is that they supposedly used the '98 French model to destroy and rebuild their team (dunno how true is that). All the 25 and under players are a direct consequence of the 2004 trauma where they didn't get out of the group stage (but they were with the Dutch and the Czech so). Germany been sexy since then and used their 2006 WC to kick start their project that is finally coming to fruition this year. These brehs know each other for years and are both solid and creative in all 4 lines (including Nooyah).

The top South American teams rely too much on superstars or providential messiahs : Messi for ARG, Neymar for BRA, Suarez for URU, Falcao for COL. What's nice is how Colombia played well as a team without their superstar (I'm convinced they wouldn't have played like that with Falcao on the pitch because Ramès wouldn't have been able to express himself as the true 10 that he is). And that's also why I like Chile which placed teamwork and tactics above the individual. Football nowadays and since 2008 and Spain victory is a team game where individuals can't decide for shyt.

The football played yesterday by Germany was beautiful : passing, movement, space awareness, all top notch. The collective expression was absolutely incredible and that's the result of years and years of under-achievement and detail tweaking but also as of producing world class midfielders. The game has changed and the core of the collective expression is the midfielder as Pep the GAWD hinted since his Barcelona 6 years ago. And in that sense, I could really feel the '09 Guardiolism in Germany yesterday. High defensive line + pressing from the attacking line, midfield coming to the rescue and shutting down second solutions, passing AND verticality when needed, movement everywhere to propose and to disrupt the opp's formation, patience and balance when building, clinical finishing. And I say '09 Barça and not '13 Bayern because Germany played a 4/3/3 which is is far from the typical German 4/2/3/1.

But to me, Brazil had way too much pressure. Too much emotion flowing in that team. I don't know why but the cries, the theatrics, the prayers, the hymns was like some kind of story-telling to mask the simple fact that this squad was simply over-achieving. A little better than average and they relied on physicality and on Neymar's genius to win (and dives :mjpls:). That's why I'm not even sad for them because they fouled Ramès way too much to cry over what happened to Neymar afterwards. I must say, I've never been impressed by Brazil for years now (excepted a few matches in the Confed Cup last year or 2002 final maybe). Can't remember the last time I was :krs: watching them. Maybe it's because I value the teamwork above the messiahs but still can't remember a Brazil that blew my mind team-wise.

Last edited:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
But to me, Brazil had way too much pressure. Too much emotion flowing in that team. I don't know why but the cries, the theatrics, the prayers, the hymns was like some kind of story-telling to mask the simple fact that this squad was simply over-achieving. A little better than average and they relied on physicality and on Neymar's genius to win (and dives :mjpls:). That's why I'm not even sad for them because they fouled Ramès way too much to cry over what happened to Neymar afterwards. I must say, I've never been impressed by Brazil for years now (excepted a few matches in the Confed Cup last year or 2002 final maybe). .
Just like the Heat, if you rely on iso plays you're really only as good as your stars happen to be :lawd::mjpls:

They were mad homotional too lol :lolbron: hopefully they bounce back

EDIT: This match has its own wiki page now :lolbron:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineirazo

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just like the Heat, if you rely on iso plays you're really only as good as your stars happen to be :lawd::mjpls:

They were mad homotional too lol :lolbron: hopefully they bounce back

EDIT: This match has its own wiki page now :lolbron:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineirazo
They will bounce back because Brazil will always have talent. It will just take time. Some players are traumatized and the squad will need to be modified for more at than 50%. Fred, Hulk, Fernandinho, Marcelo, Maicon and them :camby:

EDIT : And yeah it was really a Spurs/Heat style of match : team play VS individualities, the former being always superior except when one of the individuality is on fire.