Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, I had nightmares about Wondo's miss! Still can't believe it.

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
When the ball fell to his feet, I knew we were going to extra time.

We joke about it, but that was "MLS level" encapsulated.
Jurgen got so much shyt about ze Germans in the squad in the concacaf, and you know what, they were outplayed by the MLS'ers in the qualy.

But it's completeky undeniable how much better they all looked coming forward than the 'Muricans. The touch on the ball, the tekkers coming forward. Look how much of our offense came from them, and then you remember that they weren't starting and shyt and you're like :dwillhuh:

Carlos Bedoya was a non-entity in every single game. Brad Davis even moreso. Beckerham did VERY fukking well for himself. The backline was good, but that has never been our problem. We have good back lines and tough, hard-working midfielders.

I think if Jurg had any sort of point to prove in this tournament, he's proved it. Every single person who was all "fukk THIS WE NEED HARD WORK AND AMERICA~!" during the qualy hiccups just saw where that takes us, and that's absolutely nowhere if the products of America's post-war imperialism don't save the day.

Oh, and Dempsey is the GOAT American player.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On a scale of 1 to Wenger, what are the odds that Arsenal does anything in this transfer period

1-Wumger we're looking at signing Kalou.

@Hollister,
What's the deally with Thiago Silva ? I heard Scolari threw shade on the man :dwillhuh:

More and more I feel like I can't stand the Coli. All the debates are foolish above all if you tryna stay objective. I thought it was just TLR but I'mma need to cut my posting on the Coliseum too and fade away to just lurk and have good laughs.
Plus, every debate turning into a race stuff is starting to be unbearable to me. OFT, the only sane place left ! :whew:

Low key, besides OFT, the Film Room is the best spot on this forum.

I'll admit though, I still skim TLR once a day.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
J

Carlos Bedoya was a non-entity in every single game. Brad Davis even moreso. Beckerham did VERY fukking well for himself. The backline was good, but that has never been our problem. We have good back lines and tough, hard-working midfielders.
This is part of the reason why I didn't get people shytting solely on Bradley. He made mistakes, but there was also plenty of blame to go around

:ufdup: Bedoya, Gonzalez, Zusi....

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
This is part of the reason why I didn't get people shytting solely on Bradley. He made mistakes, but there was also plenty of blame to go around

:ufdup: Bedoya, Gonzalez, Zusi....
Nah, Omar played the games of his life and I don't mind Zusi. Tidy on the ball and good set pieces, plus a properly hard worker.

Bedoya though. Zusi has his crosses to hang his hat on. I don't know what the fukk Bedoya does.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
When the ball fell to his feet, I knew we were going to extra time.

We joke about it, but that was "MLS level" encapsulated.

I don't mean to pick on him but Bradley was the biggest case of that for me. Maybe he needed to play deeper but he was playing slower and couldn't deal with pressure. He wasn't shielding the ball or taking enough responsibility to be that tempo setter. Green just just looked different. His off the ball movement and touches were so un-American.

Yedlin, Gonzo, and Besler are the ones I want to see making the leap. Yedlin especially, he was getting a praise and given how the wing back position is being player he can be a real asset in Europe.

Had this sudden rush of rage and heartache about Charlie Davies. The last two weeks has me thinking what if.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Nah, Omar played the games of his life and I don't mind Zusi. Tidy on the ball and good set pieces, plus a properly hard worker.

Bedoya though. Zusi has his crosses to hang his hat on. I don't know what the fukk Bedoya does.
You're right, I forgot how even though it felt like he was getting blown out he gave it all to push some of those balls out (Omar)

Zusi's corners were
jdAQvyN94j156.png
though.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I cannot support this Zusi love

His corners were ass -except the Assist one- his crosses were bad, below standard first touch, not good in dribbling. It felt like every attack died at his feet. He worked hard defensively but fukk that. If you want to move up in this sport, you need to have more players that can do work with the ball at their feet. Props to Uncle Jurge because he knows that.