Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Why are so many brehs here so insecure about their sports and their athletic? :sas2:

I cannot support this Zusi love

His corners were ass -except the Assist one- his crosses were bad, below standard first touch, not good in dribbling. It felt like every attack died at his feet. He worked hard defensively but fukk that. If you want to move up in this sport, you need to have more players that can do work with the ball at their feet. Props to Uncle Jurge because he knows that.

Bedoya and Zusi were issues. They were pretty much place holders.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The dumb ass if our best athletes posts :blessed:

Belgium are still trash, too many individuals. Not impressed by them. They have resilience.

The US needs to fall in love with the ball, they invited too much pressure. That's the most striking thing to me.
that's been the theme of the world cup though hasn't it?

trash "powerhouse" teams and all about individuals

its why i'm hoping colombia wins it all, basically the only team that has looked good and deserves it

When the ball fell to his feet, I knew we were going to extra time.

We joke about it, but that was "MLS level" encapsulated.
wondo is a graet finisher, i had no doubt he'd put it in

and it was offside anyway, wouldn't have counted

and would've hurt way more in that case

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
yo what happened to Boyd's move to Wigan? just saw he's with some 2nd division bundasliga team
he has gone to RB Leipzig

they aren't just "some 2nd division team" like a lot of people have put it - massive Red Bull money behind them, they've had 2 promotions in a row and they basically ran away with the 3. liga

this isn't a "right now" move for boyd this is a multi-year process, which TBH is perfect. could be a centerpiece of the team if it's all done right

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Zusi and Bedoya were the best we had, and it's not really their fault is it? It's why there's basically been no criticism.. we know their level

that's why bradley has been criticized, cause we know he's better but playing out of position he still did a decent job

spare me the MLS QUALITY!! stuff though, belgium have a better squad of individuals than anyone else in the tournament, i'd have fancied our chances more against argentina. quality was good enough to get through the group of death wasn't it?

you'd have to imagine what would happen with the 'manaus' effect, and if we beat portugal and make 6 changes to the team for the germany game how that would've effected the belgium game.. thats going overboard with the 'what if' though

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I don't get the Bradley hate. The only things he has against him is that he's slow and also not really a defensive rock, otherwise, he's a good midfielder (not top notch obviously), he needs to work on his decision speed because he looks up, controls then looks back up and that's 1 step too much. So either he's too low (as a 6) and doesn't contribute to the defense or either he's too high (as a 10) and he will fold under the opp's pressure because he's too slow. I think it was clear as day that he was a good player, any boy hating on him doesn't know that 10s have a big margin error because their role is to take risks. He had 105 touches yesterday which mean every attack passed by him. He distributed pretty well and set some good chances and opportunities (even tho he missed a great one to his left when he tried to dribble just in front of the box while facing two Belgians)
He's good at passing (short, long range), he would be very good in the regista role à la Pirlo because he'll need workers like Jones in front of him and the opp's pressure would be less threatening for him.

But let's be honest, there was 3 clear things that killed yall on top of the technical gap which was obvious :
1. Klinsmann got scared of Hazard and instructed the right back to be close to the center back and right winger not to be too high for Hazard not to run riot on yall therefore Verthonghen had all the space in the world ! Dude was basically a left midfielder. I think Klinsmann should have use that to counter on Belgium left side to avoid Verthonghen to be that high.
2. If Tim Howard wasn't on fire or Origi dared to choose a side instead of shooting in the middle, we wouldn't be talking about close was the USA because in reality y'all weren't close at all. It would have been a robbery if Wondo scored because yall were dominated as hell.
3. What angered me last night was the defenders clearances. A good defender tackle the ball and if he can tries to build an attack by passing to the center backs or the nearest midfielders. An average defender clears the ball and shoot it outside or to the opp's defense. I'm sorry the US defense was way too average. Sometimes, I was like "why does he clear that ?! He has time to calm down and pass it to build ffs".

Anyway, good looks :

concise

Veteran
Daps
@yoyoyo1
Whatever happened to the dude with the afro who played for Central Coast and his name was Moustafa or Moustafi?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@yoyoyo1
Whatever happened to the dude with the afro who played for Central Coast and his name was Moustafa or Moustafi?
dortmund picked him up few years ago, in the reserves

edit:

mustafa amini

also looking at BVB II they have some great players, gotta wonder when they are getting integrated or leaving if they're 21/22 in the reserves, and these players also came from solid clubs in other countries.. only to join the reserves? dont get it tbh. like is gyau being signed to BVB II at 21 a good thing?

Last edited:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
SSN: Southampton make bid for Graziano Pelle

Looks like koeman is bringing his old boys along

Also Finnbogason signs for Sociedad another player which i wish spurs signed a while back he was on fire when he played for herenveen but then again so was bradley :wow:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
dortmund picked him up few years ago, in the reserves

edit:

mustafa amini

also looking at BVB II they have some great players, gotta wonder when they are getting integrated or leaving if they're 21/22 in the reserves, and these players also came from solid clubs in other countries.. only to join the reserves? dont get it tbh. like is gyau being signed to BVB II at 21 a good thing?
an afghan aussie with a Fro..wow..hahahahahah..i love this world.

edit..

his mother is a nicaraguan...OK.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...king-to-make-SEVEN-more-signings-Dwight-Yorke

6a00d8341c2f0953ef010536e3bde6970c-500wi.jpg