Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Rather have Debuchy tbh. Already starting over Sagna on the French team, already proven in the PL and won't have to go to African Nations Cup in January next year. Plus we got Bellerin from Barcelona thats gonna be starting for us in 2 years.
So your saying debuchy is better then sagna right now cause dechamp prefers him? I rather have sagna then debuchy..Debuchy looked shakey for me when i watched him play for newcastle but then again it is newcastle

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Zusi and Bedoya were the best we had, and it's not really their fault is it? It's why there's basically been no criticism.. we know their level

that's why bradley has been criticized, cause we know he's better but playing out of position he still did a decent job

spare me the MLS QUALITY!! stuff though, belgium have a better squad of individuals than anyone else in the tournament, i'd have fancied our chances more against argentina. quality was good enough to get through the group of death wasn't it?

you'd have to imagine what would happen with the 'manaus' effect, and if we beat portugal and make 6 changes to the team for the germany game how that would've effected the belgium game.. thats going overboard with the 'what if' though
for sure, my post was not to criticize those guys.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
32 milli for cuadrado? :ld:

I'm really not too hyped on this debuchy transfer tbh...prefer aurier even with the acon thing

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I knew it brehs. He'll be a perfect fit for Arsenal.

Joel+Campbell+Olympiacos+FC+Training+Session+CPytbcetU4ol.jpg

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Rather have Debuchy tbh. Already starting over Sagna on the French team, already proven in the PL and won't have to go to African Nations Cup in January next year. Plus we got Bellerin from Barcelona thats gonna be starting for us in 2 years.

we need blackness tho but Debuchy is fukkswitable.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I really dont know what that eas all about, the teams psyche is ahot though and he isnt stepping up and putting some sense into these bytch-made-ass players.
Yeah, what's up with your players crying all the time man ? It's not a good look at all. Did BOPE or Commando Vermelho threaten their families or what ? :lolbron:

Suarez to Barca to me has train wreck all over. It's a move I don't get.
I don't understand either. Messi would have to move on the right and do more defensive tasks which seems unlikely.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Barca's style worked better with mobile strikers like Eto and Villa pre-injury, Suarez does not strike me as a striker who will hang around the 9 spot and find it hard to drift to the wings. The problem for them would be that he is a dribbler and Barca seems to allow only Messi and Iniesta time on the ball to take on players. Neymar and Sanchez look a lot free for their NT outside the shackles that Barca has become because of their rigid style.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I don't get the Bradley hate. The only things he has against him is that he's slow and also not really a defensive rock, otherwise, he's a good midfielder (not top notch obviously), he needs to work on his decision speed because he looks up, controls then looks back up and that's 1 step too much. So either he's too low (as a 6) and doesn't contribute to the defense or either he's too high (as a 10) and he will fold under the opp's pressure because he's too slow. I think it was clear as day that he was a good player, any boy hating on him doesn't know that 10s have a big margin error because their role is to take risks. He had 105 touches yesterday which mean every attack passed by him. He distributed pretty well and set some good chances and opportunities (even tho he missed a great one to his left when he tried to dribble just in front of the box while facing two Belgians)
He's good at passing (short, long range), he would be very good in the regista role à la Pirlo because he'll need workers like Jones in front of him and the opp's pressure would be less threatening for him.

But let's be honest, there was 3 clear things that killed yall on top of the technical gap which was obvious :
1. Klinsmann got scared of Hazard and instructed the right back to be close to the center back and right winger not to be too high for Hazard not to run riot on yall therefore Verthonghen had all the space in the world ! Dude was basically a left midfielder. I think Klinsmann should have use that to counter on Belgium left side to avoid Verthonghen to be that high.
2. If Tim Howard wasn't on fire or Origi dared to choose a side instead of shooting in the middle, we wouldn't be talking about close was the USA because in reality y'all weren't close at all. It would have been a robbery if Wondo scored because yall were dominated as hell.
3. What angered me last night was the defenders clearances. A good defender tackle the ball and if he can tries to build an attack by passing to the center backs or the nearest midfielders. An average defender clears the ball and shoot it outside or to the opp's defense. I'm sorry the US defense was way too average. Sometimes, I was like "why does he clear that ?! He has time to calm down and pass it to build ffs".

Anyway, good looks :

I disagree on "stop-gap"Bradley who deserves the criticism he's getting. he is what he is. That pass to Green changes nothing :yeshrug: While Belgium got the better players by far, there (are)were obvious weaknesses that could have been exploited. Wilmots got a ferrari but he's insisting on driving like a buick. Thats why i thought there was a chance to beat them before the game.

Last edited: