Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
Raised in Germany. Gonzalo Higuain born in France, where does he play breh?

Argentina. Don't understand what the point of that comparison was though. If he wanted to play for France he would've played for France. Green was born in the United States, thereby an American citizen and chose to play for the US.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
going to ask in here because most in world cup thread are frauds.

you americans think you can beat Belgium?

as long as Lukaku doesnt start i really dont see how you can win

that belgium midfield is strong and Hazard will be cooking on the wings

dumb yankees.

Daps
Argentina. Don't understand what the point of that comparison was though. If he wanted to play for France he would've played for France. Green was born in the United States, thereby an American citizen and chose to play for the US.

Higuain is Argentinian because he was raised there, his birth place made no difference. Julian Green was raised in Germany and played at youth levels there. He could have played for Germany, but he wasn't good enough along with those other German-Americans.

America just picking crumbs off other countries.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Not really breh, Beligum and France are the same, but at least they were born there. These Germans werent even born in America or even raised there, just switched sides cause they werent good enough for the German squad.

Green probably could have played for Germany, Brooks may have gotten a call too. They are German-American.

Green's father wanted him to play for USA

Brooks has been more in touch with his American roots as of late as well...

Point being, this is fukking stupid to say this because theyre still Americans.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The dumb ass if our best athletes posts :blessed:

Belgium are still trash, too many individuals. Not impressed by them. They have resilience.

The US needs to fall in love with the ball, they invited too much pressure. That's the most striking thing to me.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Higuain is Argentinian because he was raised there, his birth place made no difference. Julian Green was raised in Germany and played at youth levels there. He could have played for Germany, but he wasn't good enough along with those other German-Americans.

America just picking crumbs off other countries.

Germany wanted Green, but Bayern Munich helped push him towards the USA because they want a foothold in the American soccer market.

They didn't want Brooks, Jones, or Johnson though.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Hollister,
What's the deally with Thiago Silva ? I heard Scolari threw shade on the man :dwillhuh:

Anybody else rage when they see these "if our best athletes played" posts? Sports radio has been spewing the same fukking bullshyt. :smh:

I need to get out of this country.
More and more I feel like I can't stand the Coli. All the debates are foolish above all if you tryna stay objective. I thought it was just TLR but I'mma need to cut my posting on the Coliseum too and fade away to just lurk and have good laughs.
Plus, every debate turning into a race stuff is starting to be unbearable to me. OFT, the only sane place left ! :whew: