Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OFT brehs, do you guys have any good resources on Football tactics and strategy for a newer fan? I'm already reading Soccer: A Spectator's Guide and read Zonal Marking blog recently

In INVERTING THE PYRAMID, Jonathan Wilson pulls apart the finer details of the world's game, tracing the global history of tactics, from modern pioneers right back to the beginning when chaos reigned. Along the way, he looks at the lives of great players and thinkers who shaped the sport and probes why the English, in particular, have 'proved themselves unwilling to grapple with the abstract'. This fifth-anniversary edition of a football modern classic has been fully updated to include an investigation of the modern-day Barcelona and how their style of play developed from Total Football, which itself was an evolution of the Scottish passing game invented by Queens Park and taken on by Tottenham in the 1930s. It also analyses different styles in the early British game and the changing mentality of South American football in the 1970s, as well as looking at the birth of the 3-5-2 system so prevalent today.

PDF link here - m.friendfeed-media.com/210a0a82efcf9234b3c3118cba515073b0a30169

Also try to get you hands on a copy of this book if you really want to get into the whole tactical side of the game:

1G4SfuZ.png

Blew my mind:wow:the man is a genius :wow:

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
Swear your English though.

Your in JBO crying because you caught a case from a ugly white girl.

Why are you acting up for Americans and getting trolled with ease
Half my mothers English.

I wasn't crying I was documenting my fight for justice and against law enforcement.

Or you support bytches crying rape to cost black men jobs? :mjpls:

I ain't acting up for Americans I was rooting for Ghana against them and Portugal yesterday.

I don't hate England but they are
gbAAvBT.png
and have been seen Alan Shearer retired.

Who trolled me?

Why didn't you respond when I tagged and quoted you 5 times after Englands exit? :sas2:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Capo Dei Capi

Fukk a studio thug, I'm a skinny jeans bigot
Daps
I said England is making the quarters? :lupe:

Tell me more :lupe:

And you didn't even play the GOAT Fifa 10? Never had your musical tastes gentrified by FIFA 08?

More questions!

Who are you? I'm the third ever member of the coli, kind of a big deal around here. :smugfavre:

Why are you copping for pleas under your avi? You look soft :ld:

Further inspections shows me the mans @SubZeroDegrees done already dealt with you. How do you find it within yourself to be a grown ass man on the internet with another gentleman all up in your bandwith, in control of the only personal flourish you're allowed in this neverending sea of anonymity? :ld:

You're barely even a person anymore.

You're just something.....lesser.

I see :umad:

I never meant you'd said that my bad these avi's are confusing. Still I knew your comment was about me cause I don't normally post in these threads

I'm a poster here just like everyone else :what:

Now you running inspections of me, just stop there, I get what @Ari Gold Bawse was saying about you dudes trolling me :mjlol:

@SubZeroDegrees gave me that work by calling me an Afric00n :mjlol:

I made a bet and lost unlike a lot of these :trash: posters I see who were too scared to

No I don't want to bet on it...

Just because I don't trust CIV doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to bet on Greece...

I get bytches online I could give a fukk about my profile pic on here that's why I made the bet.

I can see how important it is to some though :pachaha:

I'm something lesser than a person? What you wanna say breh? :mjpls:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps