Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

1994 only sucked for you because France wasnt there. 1994 tournament was outstanding. All the stars came out to play. Maradona before the suspension, Baggio (:pacspit:), Romario, Hagi, Stoitchkov, Bebeto, Bergkamp, all of them. Exciting games, great goals, etc. The final sucked, but that tournament was incredible.
:beli:
Like I cared that France wasn't here. I watch because I like the sport not because my NT is playing.

My vision of this '94 WC may be clouded by the final which was horrendous and by the worst Brazil in years I witnessed so I'll give you that. I remember great moments and great goals but not really great matches. I may be wrong then.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:beli:
Like I cared that France wasn't here. I watch because I like the sport not because my NT is playing.

My vision of this '94 WC may be clouded by the final which was horrendous and by the worst Brazil in years I witnessed so I'll give you that. I remember great moments and great goals but not really great matches. I may be wrong then.
A lot of brehs talk about Holland vs. Brazil in 1998, but Holland vs. Brazil in 1994 was a much better match.

Nigeria vs. Italy when Baggio finally woke up.

Ireland vs. Italy.

Bulgaria vs. Germany

Romania vs. Sweden

and others. 1994 is probably one of the all time world cups but it gets slept on because of a shyt final and how negative Brazil was.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
A lot of brehs talk about Holland vs. Brazil in 1998, but Holland vs. Brazil in 1994 was a much better match.

Nigeria vs. Italy when Baggio finally woke up.

Ireland vs. Italy.

Bulgaria vs. Germany

Romania vs. Sweden

and others. 1994 is probably one of the all time world cups but it gets slept on because of a shyt final and how negative Brazil was.
I remember Brazil-Netherlands 94 and Romania-Sweden 94 but the rest don't talk to me.
I'll do some homework.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
this world cup is maaaaaad rigged toward brazil's favor. they have 4 days between group and r16, and 5 days between r16 and qf

brazils potential SF opponent has 4 days then 3 days or 3 days and 3 days. so theoretically if brazil gets to SF they'll be rested a total of either 2 days or 3 days more.

group G winner will be running on fumes. group to R16 3 days, R16 to qf 3 days

bottom half of the draw massive disadvantage, and will have a total of 3 or 4 days less rest than brazil's quarter

Last edited:

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Local sport station are trying to break down the game :flabbynsick:

The redneck accents :deadrose:

The butchering of Portugal players names like Nene and Ronjuando :dead:

Cats who haven't watched a single second of the game since the last World Cup, calling in acting like they experts :deadmanny:

:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:dahell: why are oft mandem responding to my wums

I told you i havent made a serious post in that thread since the italy game

this is business :yeshrug:

I feel for you all tho, that was some way to end a match :to: you'll still go through tho
Not gonna lie, your post I quoted put me DEEP in my feels. I just needed like a couple of minutes to regroup but you didn't even let a breh breathe it out :to:

concise

Veteran
Daps
this world cup is maaaaaad rigged toward brazil's favor. they have 4 days between group and r16, and 5 days between r16 and qf

brazils potential SF opponent has 4 days then 3 days or 3 days and 3 days. so theoretically if brazil gets to SF they'll be rested a total of either 2 days or 3 days more.

group G winner will be running on fumes. group to R16 3 days, R16 to qf 3 days

bottom half of the draw massive disadvantage, and will have a total of 3 or 4 days less rest than brazil's quarter

That's the host advantage though.
Didn't help S Africa last time and it didn't hurt Spain out of the last group last time either.