Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:dahell: why are oft mandem responding to my wums

I told you i havent made a serious post in that thread since the italy game

this is business :yeshrug:

I feel for you all tho, that was some way to end a match :to: you'll still go through tho
brehs just seen an englishman going at their team and go on auto pilot :manny:

i dont blame you for the wums, that thread is full of yanks that dont even watch the sport

hopefully some of them actually watch after this summer, as they'll remain fans. the 2002 usa result did a lot for the sport in this country

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can never do it easy yeh?

2002: needed a korea win against portugal
2010: needed last minute goal
2014: could've gone through in the 2nd game

feel like sleeping for 3 days, faaaack

30 seconds from validation for Dempsey, Bradley, league as a whole, etc. And with the way this WC has gone I see nothing but catastrophic failure
Dempsey has been playing his heart out...every time he gets the ball i feel like something is going to happen...breh has impressed the sh1t out of me

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
it's been said so many times, but it bears repeating

south africa :what: what happened down there to make the WC so shyt?

a team that just lost 4-0 and the fukking states just put on a better game in group play than almost any match in 2010

allow me to borrow my favorite phrase that originated in the british isles

the germans, they dont like it up in em :wow:

especially in the tropics

Montez

Superstar
Daps

a team that just lost 4-0 and the fukking states just put on a better game in group play than almost any match in 2010

Looking at everything, it had all the ingredients to be a great tournament but that tournament just felt like Spain and 31 other teams.

I'm stuck believing it was a different phase in football. Teams are more daring now. That Spain period produced a lot of dull football has teams were in that lets get possession and pass you to sleep phase.

The cats who bring race into everything :beli: I'm becoming real fascinated by Black Americans. It's not really #TeamAfrica for most its #fukkAmerica

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

its very simple when you step back and take a look at it.

South Africa 2010 was a European friendly World Cup. Weather was European, the timezone was European, and those fukking Afrikaans. This World Cup is confirming my belief that Europe should never host a world cup and it should never be held in a European favorable climate. It should never be hosted in a European timezone either. World Cup's played in European friendly conditions usually leads to a shyt competition.

the exception of course is if the World Cup is held in Nigeria or Ghana.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
if we are going to be 100, Bradley had a terrible second half. Maybe it was the introduction of Carvalho, but Bradley looked really poor the 2nd half. His touch went away from him and his passing was shaky.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@yoyoyo1, :salute: your boy Dempsey
Absolutely impressed by the breh. You stuck for him and you were right.

That was a great game, intense, physical with great suspense. US squad is nice, some players I didn't know (the Jermaine Jones left me :ooh: with that goal). I think Klinsmann did a good work with that team. There's solidity, hustle and solidarity. As you said, the squad is very american and you got brehs like Dempsey who brings a little bit of magic when he can.

About the match, even though Bradley fukked up with the turn over, he also did it because he had no back up behind him. Brehs was tired and maybe not lucid enough to look around. What I liked on one of the last throw ins is that Klinsmann actually asked for the team to press high to let the game in the Portuguese half. Problem is that it didn't work and then everybody rushed back into defense and left the midfield exposed. Bradley fukked up but if the midfield was in normal position somebody would have had his back (a tackle or a foul). Easy scapegoat (his match wasn't really good also) but for example I noticed Jones (not sure if it was him) was very static in the midfield and neither pressing, neither blocking passes solutions throughout the match (dude cramped up at some moment and was :dead: on the field). He did his maximum maybe but at the end the midfield was exposed.

And y'all too dramatic. It's not a failure, y'all learning.
I don't know if you remember but at the moment something like 2 or 3 minutes before the end, there's the right winger (maybe) who fukkin crossed in the box for nobody because there was only the forward surrounded by 3 defenders.

We learned in 1993.

Y'all be aight. A good night sleep and you'll see clearly.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Looking at everything, it had all the ingredients to be a great tournament but that tournament just felt like Spain and 31 other teams.

I'm stuck believing it was a different phase in football. Teams are more daring now. That Spain period produced a lot of dull football has teams were in that lets get possession and pass you to sleep phase.

The group stage was horrible, but the knockout was better just Spain ruined it. No doubt this tournament is great, teams going for the win. :bow:

The cats who bring race into everything :beli: I'm becoming real fascinated by Black Americans. It's not really #TeamAfrica for most its #fukkAmerica

Thisis what I really mad about, @penfield and I was about to go in if we have won. I would literally troll for a hour. I'm absolutely gutted by this.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
if we are going to be 100, Bradley had a terrible second half. Maybe it was the introduction of Carvalho, but Bradley looked really poor the 2nd half. His touch went away from him and his passing was shaky.

He was. he literally made no through passes in the second half. Carvalho totally shut it down. Who trying to sign him?

If we can one player that can pass while on the move.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

South Africa 2010 was a European friendly World Cup. Weather was European, the timezone was European, and those fukking Afrikaans. This World Cup is confirming my belief that Europe should never host a world cup and it should never be held in a European favorable climate. It should never be hosted in a European timezone either. World Cup's played in European friendly conditions usually leads to a shyt competition.

1994 was one of the worst WC and was hosted in the US which is not really "European friendly". And 2006 saw great football ans was hosted in Germany.

Weather might be part of the reason buit you're forgetting that 2014 is the death of Tiki-Taka and vertical football is hype again and to me that is the real reason this WC is great. We saw plenty of classic matches this season with great intensity in Europe. Spain's reign simply put possession football as the norm, the winning type of football with Barça winning it all (almost) ridiculing other types of football like matadors slowly but surely killing bulls. Bulls got their revenge in 2014, simply.

For example, France plays well since the Ukraine 2nd leg and it's not because of the weather. There's simply a new breath. Brazil hinted that in the Confed Cup last year. Now we're sure.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
1994 was one of the worse WC and was hosted in the US
:camby:

1994 only sucked for you because France wasnt there. 1994 tournament was outstanding. All the stars came out to play. Maradona before the suspension, Baggio (:pacspit:), Romario, Hagi, Stoitchkov, Bebeto, Bergkamp, all of them. Exciting games, great goals, etc. The final sucked, but that tournament was incredible.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

the coli has gone waaaay overboard with the race shyt. a few years ago it was the same with pawg on sohh but at least that was funny. a lotta these dudes REALLY think they're about something. you just learn to ignore it

germany in 06 was :ohlawd: i didnt even care that the US played like shyt because the whole tourney was crack. france's run was so fun to watch, i'll always have a spot in my heart for france because of that cup. and now they got the young god pogba to confirm my appreciation

we can all agree that the death of tiki taka has been glorious. i watched spain's matches this year at my job with a guy from madrid (atletico supporter :win: ) and while he was hurtin over it, he said ultimately it was good for spain and for football