Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Dawg, nobody cares about some 21 year old midfielder from a La Liga club that barely survived relegation. He's not a difference maker, and he wasn't even the best midfielder on that team this year (Suso).

Mikel hasn't done shyt on the international level. I'll give you Onazi, though he's young too.

Dzeko, Ibisevic, Pjanic, Lulic, Salihovic, Spahic, and Begovic. That's not just a lot of talent, that's a lot of experience too. Guys who have been playing together for a while.

Whoa there. :whoa:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:deadmanny:

My pops just called me out of nowhere and gave me an angry story of how he keeps hearing people comparing Messi to the greats of world soccer. He hates Messi and club football for some reason :russ:....Its to the point that i just stand there and nod with the :skip: when we talk football now. Long gone are the days when i bring up advanced stats and analytics....tactical talk to try and show him Messi is worthy of being called a great, he has indeed had good tournaments with Argentina, and that Argentina hasnt fully been terrible with him at the helm. Now im not delusional, Messi has to show us more, but lets be reasonable at least. :russ:

They got pub players in midfield and defense for the last 2 major tournaments.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
That explains why Messi lead all players in shots taken and scored zero goals? :ld:
I don't want to sound like a Messi stan, b/c im far from it...but Messi plays well for Argentina breh. Even though its widely accepted he didnt play up to his magesterial (:wow:) standards in 2010, he didnt have an absolute stinker either. He was highly involved in everything they did and still had 2 assists (enough to be top 5 in the tourny). He took alot of shots form outside the area to try and get things popping b/c the balance was all off with Argentina's team in 2010. I agree, people want to see more goals from him but at the end of the day, its tough to replicate your club form when the system is completely different and you find yourself playing a different role with a whole nation looking at you....the goals were down across the board in 2010 anyway. Nobody was really freely scoring.