Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:what:

Ur music taste is horrible breh. That beat is all over the fukking place
:camby:

'But but but Lampard was merely a system player' :heh: doesn't even deserve a reply.

Funny thing is Gerrard was a headless chicken for the majority of his career. He was incapable of playing his position, following instructions and working off his teammates. He isn't even half the footballer Lamps was if we're honest.
nah, Lampard was a system player. We saw the light when he played for Ingurland. :mjpls:

but he was better than Gerrard, who was just a fraud. :manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SIMAWnq.jpg

giphy.gif

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
so what's the trash talking threshold (TTT, if you will) for USA/Nigeria friendly?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:comeon: People bigup Lampard for the same reason they try to rank Rocky as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time :heh: .TBH I thnk they are both overrated as fukk. u know a midfielder is overrated when first thing ppl mention are their goals(mostly penalties) :mjpls: .

--

those transfers aint happenin uh? :lupe:

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

nah, Lampard was a system player. We saw the light when he played for Ingurland. :mjpls:

but he was better than Gerrard, who was just a fraud. :manny:

Euro 2004? :sas1: Played well, scored goals and made the team of the tournament.

Doesn't really matter though, England are terrible, you can't judge a player on what he doesn't do for that shower of shyt.

Let's go with this system player stuff then...has there ever been a better one? Fack the MLS, he could probably get a double-double for Popovich next season :banderas:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I have to admit, i keep thinking we're only looking at Argentina from our group but when i look at that Bosnia team, i see some names that got me a lil shook.:patrice:

Fam, Eastern Europe teams are frauds.

Always talking big and acting tough but never doing anything. Every tournament (Insert Eastern European team) is a dark horse.

Don't see why the Fat Lamps stuff is creating such a storm. Fabregas is another system player. No shame in eating good from a system.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think there is much between Lampard and Gerrard, they played in different systems for their club teams and in many cases as the offensive minded midfielder which probably led to their dismal partnership for England. Its one thing playing with Mascherano/Alonso or with Essien/Makelele and then put in those 2 to marshal the midfield by themselves. The older they got the more they became more interested in playing a deeper role. I still think Gerrard could effectively do what Lampard did at Chelsea because the system was set and there was less need to be a headless chicken while the Liverpool of Gerrard's era would have reduced Lampard's effectiveness with the exception of the time they had Xabi and Mascherano.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I still think Gerrard could effectively do what Lampard did at Chelsea because the system was set and there was less need to be a headless chicken while the Liverpool of Gerrard's era would have reduced Lampard's effectiveness with the exception of the time they had Xabi and Mascherano.
nah, Lampard was a much more intelligent player than Gerrard.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Fam, Eastern Europe teams are frauds.

Always talking big and acting tough but never doing anything. Every tournament (Insert Eastern European team) is a dark horse.

Don't see why the Fat Lamps stuff is creating such a storm. Fabregas is another system player. No shame in eating good from a system.

I don't know. Slovakia was the dark horse last time round and made it to the round of 16.

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
Man, neither of those guys are striking fear into Argentina or Bosnia.

I look at Bosnia's roster and they're a clear step above Nigeria IMO. More depth and more quality.

An Azeez/Onazi/Mikel midfield will be very good...and we might not have depth, but we def have better all round quality. Bosnia is Top Heavy with the exception pjanic...and begovic is not a great keeper lol overatted....

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
Nigeria is one of those teams that rarely loses by more than 2 goals...the last team we got spanked by was spain...we have good records against the best teams in the world, but people still worry about bosnia. No doubt bosnia is dangerous..but if the super eagles play their game...its a win

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Lampard and Gerrard both needed their team to play to their strengths/weaknesses.

For a long time i said i'd prefer Lampard. Now i don't really care.

Scholes was better than both. U mad br0's?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Is it wrong I'm seeing the WC preparations and still going :snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop: cause of Panama

we knocked out this country and what would've been their best sporting development ever pointlessly, just to rescue mexico and get into the group of death? if we dont make it :heh:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
My Chelsea fam...

Romelu has been looking good
great form and finishing great
He has me thinking Belgium is about to shock a few teams...

Is he our starter at Striker come August?​

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
An Azeez/Onazi/Mikel midfield will be very good...and we might not have depth, but we def have better all round quality. Bosnia is Top Heavy with the exception pjanic...and begovic is not a great keeper lol overatted....

Dawg, nobody cares about some 21 year old midfielder from a La Liga club that barely survived relegation. He's not a difference maker, and he wasn't even the best midfielder on that team this year (Suso).

Mikel hasn't done shyt on the international level. I'll give you Onazi, though he's young too.

Dzeko, Ibisevic, Pjanic, Lulic, Salihovic, Spahic, and Begovic. That's not just a lot of talent, that's a lot of experience too. Guys who have been playing together for a while.