Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"You see, the difference between Manchester United and the rest is that we can play 18-year-olds if they are good enough, because it is part of our history. It seems to be a sort of destiny for us that when a young player emerges, play him. It’s never failed us.

“There’s not many clubs can do that. City won’t do it. They definitely won’t play any young players. All the buys are 25-, 26-, 27-year-old players, good maturity, right type of experience, good ages.But they don’t play any young players.”

epic-fail-photos-lemon-identification.gif

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
He's not wrong :manny:

It's the same with Chelsea...well they tried it with sturridge:heh:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“If you look at the team I could play under 23. You could play De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Evans as the back four. Cleverley, Powell, Chicharito, Lingard; Welbeck, Kagawa. You could play a premier division team of young players.”

Yeah you could play that team but it'd be facking shyt so you won't. :russ:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It would beat any other U23 team in the league.

Come on breh, prove me wrong.
xeVtH.png

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That team would get relegated.

And Hernandez/Evans both 24+.

Phil Jones ffs :bryan: nuff said.

But really what this proves is Fergie's desperation and his attempts to start some media campaign against City. Expect all the journos to jump on this now for the next few days.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The bashing of jones for poor half a season :usure:

Was outstanding in the first half. Was never meant to play that many games for us, if all went to plan we would have been buying him this summer(and Blackburn would probably still be in the premier league :youngsabo:).

He's going to be an outstanding player, and once again with a united player, everyone will eat their words:ufdup:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Come to us, Lucas! Rafael tells Brazilian teammate Moura to join Manchester United

Sao Paulo want £32m for the attacking midfielder, £5m more than Sir Alex Ferguson has offered already
Moura, the merrier: Rafael says he would be excited to see Lucas Moura at Old Trafford Moura, the merrier: Rafael says he would be excited to see Lucas Moura at Old Trafford

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has made a £27m bid for the 19-year-old Sao Paulo star but his Brazilian club insist they want £32m.

Rafael when asked after Brazil’s 2-0 win over Great Britain whether attacking midfielder Lucas, who also played in the game, was excited at the prospect of joining United, he replied: “Yes, yes!”

He added: “And yes, I have told Lucas he should come to Manchester United - of course.

“If you saw the way we played at Middlesbrough you will know Brazilian players can play well in England! We enjoyed the game, but we just enjoy playing.

“I have heard about Oscar coming to Chelsea and he is a good player and very important for us. I really think he will do very well in the Premier League because he is a talented player.”

But Rafael admits that it will be strange for him at Old Trafford next season with his brother Fabio away on loan at QPR.

He explained:It will be a different season for me with my brother Fabio being on loan at QPR. We are always together, but maybe it will be good.

“We will speak when he is playing for QPR and see what happens.”

Rafael admits that Brazil are desperate to win this year’s Olympic tournament.

He says: “We have never won the Olympics so we are taking this so seriously and we are going to try so hard to win it.

“We have seen Argentina pick up their gold medals and we want that feeling. In Brazil we have won the World Cup and every competition, but never this one.”

Rafa:clap:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ran into Asamoah Gyan at the Abu Dhabi Airport. Barely anyone even recognized him, breh is living the life out here making millions and living in obscurity. Chopped it up with him for a bit he's a cool dude. Looks like he made a decent career decision by fleeing and taking the $.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seriously, why is everyone so scared to call Life Is Good what it is? an average album :ld:

like I said in the other thread, its a solid 3 out of 5, and a a stretch 3.5

it's too clumsy and has too many filler and bad tracks to see any parts of 4-5/5

and nas's lyrics and flow get too lazy in parts to get any real praise. Yes he beasts, but only in spurts. I was say that it is amazing he can still rhyme at the level he does at this stage in his career. But everytime I listen to LIG I keep reminding myself of that XXL article on the making of Illmatic where Large Professor I think it was was talking about how he would question Nas's lyrics and ask why he has put such and such word there and said this and that and it made Nas refine his bars and make it that much better. Its that type of mentoring I think Nas could've done with for this album and in the future as he can't pick a beat to save his life and he seems to need a kick up the arse every now and then so that he just doesn't start coasting through a song

but :yeshrug: maybe I just expect too much of him

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Ran into the Asamoah Gyan at the Abu Dhabi Airport. Barely anyone even recognized him, breh is living the life out here making millions and living in obscurity. Chopped it up with him for a bit he's a cool dude. Looks like he made a decent career decision by fleeing and taking the $.

Did you tell him what a disgraceful mercenary he was?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Did you tell him what a disgraceful mercenary he was?

Sunderland, or living like a king in the Middle East? :win:

RVP is a coward, all the top players are cowards now, definition of "if you can't beat them join them" - what ever happened to being a star and carrying the team on your shoulders.