Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like most of our games this season, not really much to write home about, but they got the job done.

And if Liverpool can manage to keep their key players, and add some quality depth, they are going to be even more scary. When they attack, they look good.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
YPOTY Sanogo? Just asking...

Wenger needs to stop going so defensive late. Taking off Ox or Theo is suicide for us. Not even about inviting pressure but when we have no pace you're essentially negating Ozil's game.

Ozil's pass to Oxlade
DRYOv.gif

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm getting a little tired of DC insiders and politicians obsessing over House of Cards because the shyt makes them look like cutthroat strategic geniuses. When in reality DC politics is probably closer to what you see on Veep.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I'm getting a little tired of DC insiders and politicians obsessing over House of Cards because the shyt makes them look like cutthroat strategic geniuses. When in reality DC politics is probably closer to what you see on Veep.

Good point.

House of Cards exists in some alternate universe where politicians are still taken seriously and they speak in idyllic antebellum prose and journalists are world renowned celebrities and Sunday morning interview shows and network news stations are hard hitting nonpartisan pure journalistic pursuits.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
YPOTY Sanogo? Just asking...

Wenger needs to stop going so defensive late. Taking off Ox or Theo is suicide for us. Not even about inviting pressure but when we have no pace you're essentially negating Ozil's game.

Ozil's pass to Oxlade
DRYOv.gif
Sanogo looks like a hard worker. He is just a little raw but there is talent there. He looked better than his preseason debut for sure.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Listened to the English Riviera and was disappointed because their sound was less innocent, less "bouncy". There were some good songs like Corinne for example but overall the album was sadder. I missed tracks like "the end of you too", "on the motorway" or "my heart rate rapid" which are psychedelic as fukk with synths all over the place also like "the loss of a wheel pt 2" in a previous EP or "how say" or "1 string strung" in Pip Paine.

But I can get over the fact that bands grow and that their sound evolve so I will just stick with their pre-English Riviera work.

I'm really interested to see where this new album is gonna go. I actually really enjoyed English Riviera. "The Bay", "The Look", "Some Written" are all pretty good.

I didn't like "I'm Aquarius" when I first heard it but then I found myself listening to it on repeat for a few weeks or so :manny:

Same thing with Love Letters, grew on me.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Thinking about making a "how does it feel to be lightskin?" thread in TLR :lallana:

@penfield the only reason I found out about Metronomy was cuz love letters was on the youtube homepage. I fux with it :manny: