Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mata
nyBucj0.gif

tumblr_mzw4mbNj1C1qaorn7o1_400.gif

Hurts me to have to put him on fraud watch for the rest of the season. :(

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you brehs gonna give Salah the Moses treatment? What are the chances he gets a lot of run?

Mourinho spoke about him in the presser today:

“I like the fact that he can play the same way our attacking players do, which is players with adaptability to play right, left or behind the striker in the model we have with normally one striker and three behind the striker. He's young (21) like our players in that area. He's fast, creative, enthusiastic.

“When we analyse him he looks the kind of humble personality on the pitch, ready to work for the team and adapt to a new life. We believe if he comes that he will have a similar process to the Willian one, because he needed two or three months to grow up and feel comfortable playing for us in the way we do.

He also spoke about the handshake stuff with that Isreali club:

Mourinho dismissed concerns rsising from Salah allegedly making an anti-Israel stand by failing to shake hands with players from Maccabi Tel Aviv. “No, it's not a concern,’’ said Mourinho. “We know the club Chelsea is. I know the manager I am. I know that Chelsea is capable of helping people and making people feel the way we think they should feel, which is, in football and life, be open and respectful to every ethnicity, every religion. People have the right to be what they are.

“We think Chelsea as a club, and me as a manager, will be more than ready to help him. We analysed the situation, spoke with the player and his people, and the situation put in front of him at 20 years old was not an easy situation to resolve. He tried to do it where he was trying to find some balance – not enough for us, obviously, but no problems with this club.’’

We have 5 players for 3 postions, obviously Hazard, Willian and Oscar are first choice but I think he'll get enough games to keep him happy.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
:gladbron: just found out the news, was watching the brentford game ( my local team that will be in the championship next season)

MATA :blessed: finally something to smile about

I want to see RVP up front with Mata Rooney and Januzaj behind. Carrick and Fletcher as the holding midfielders