Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
I'm watching some news program out of Guadeloupe on TV and some stuff keeps coming up about an outbreak of some kind.

Hit the google and:

http://www.ibtimes.com/chikungunya-virus-spreads-more-caribbean-islands-1544083
What began with just 10 confirmed cases of the chikungunya virus on the French side of St. Martin last month has quickly spiraled into a much larger outbreak with nearly 300 confirmed cases spanning the Caribbean from Martinique to the British Virgin Islands.

With more than 200 “probable or confirmed cases,” St. Martin remains the epicenter of the outbreak, though there have been four-dozen more cases on Martinique and another two-dozen on Saint Barts, according to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Health officials in Dominica, Guadeloupe and French Guiana also reported cases of chikungunya virus, which can cause severe joint pain, fever and headaches. The case in French Guiana is of particular concern because it could mean that the virus has reached the South American mainland.

More than 100 laboratory-confirmed cases of chikungunya were identified in the United States between 1995 and 2009, but none of the infected contracted the disease in the Western Hemisphere. All but three of the cases occurred between 2006 and 2009 with travelers to India and Indian Ocean Islands, where there were large outbreaks of the disease.

While outbreaks of chikungunya have been documented across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Pacific, the cases in the Caribbean mark the first time the disease has been reported among non-travelers in the Western Hemisphere, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention noted in a warning issued last month. It said the affected St. Martin residents had not traveled abroad recently, suggesting that the chikungunya virus was present in island populations of mosquitoes and being spread locally.

:lupe:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
yeah i can't believe i read a 1500 page book tbh

i like to read too, but i usually set my limit at 500. it's an easy read tho, which some people shyt on, but i think it makes King appear more impressive. a lot of characters and multiple storylines and he made it a breeze.

compare that to my favorite novel, LA Confidential, which is :mindblown: in terms of remembering all the shyt happening at once. it's like 900 pages shorter but so much harder to follow

my brother is into those huge jonathan franzen novels, suppose i should eventually crack those open. not sure they're disgusting enough to hold my attention tbh

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Pfft they're gonna need something a little less ethnic sounding if they gonna have a proper fear mongerin' on the 24 hour networks here in the states, something terrifying.

Deadly...headache something something. And this I why I'm not on Fox News :ffs:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Pfft they're gonna need something a little less ethnic sounding if they gonna have a proper fear mongerin' on the 24 hour networks here in the states, something terrifying.

Deadly...headache something something. And this I why I'm not on Fox News :ffs:
Haitian Bone Fever.

Done. :wow:
compare that to my favorite novel, LA Confidential, which is :mindblown: in terms of remembering all the shyt happening at once. it's like 900 pages shorter but so much harder to follow
Should I read the book or watch the movie first?

I feel like if I watch the movie I'd spoil a really good book, but if I read the book, I'd spoil one of the GOAT movies :lupe:

I think I'm gonna watch the movie.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Haitian Bone Fever.

Done. :wow:

Should I read the book or watch the movie first?

I feel like if I watch the movie I'd spoil a really good book, but if I read the book, I'd spoil one of the GOAT movies :lupe:

I think I'm gonna watch the movie.
LA Confidential or The Stand?

because The Stand movie :camby:

LAC is one of two books (other being The Godfather) that was definitively NOT ruined by seeing the movie first.

in fact the film inspired me to read the book, i enjoyed it that much. tbf i forgot most of the plot details before reading it, so that helped. but i did watch the movie again after reading it and didnt enjoy the movie as much. they did the best job possible, it's a great film, but you just can't put the real story in a movie. they tweaked the plot significantly and dropped really important characters.

whatever you choose, do both, and then let's talk about it in front of a fireplace

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I tried to call in on ESPN radio

Operator: What's your name and what do you wanna talk about?
Me: I'm (my government name) from (my current location) and I wanna talk about the Richard Sherman post-game interview
Operator: How old are you (mgn)?
Me: I'm uhh 20 :dahell:
Operator: Thanks for your call (mgm) *hangs up* :troll:

:laff:

Next time you know the deal.

Name = Michael/Steve
Topic = Respect for the game.
City = Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago
Age = 35/36
POV* = I'm a working man, work 5 days a week. I spend my hard earned money on sports and it sickens me when I see (Insert Black Athlete) acting like this. They don't understand it's a privilege NOT A RIGHT, A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT! To play the game. I would do it for 10% of the money. I look at guys like Russell Wilson (or another safe negro) and wonder why everyone isn't like that. Class act.

*If black: Say these guys don't speak for me, they embarrass you.

Not saying you guaranteed to get on but it'll help.

Crazy how many managers looks at Mata and go :ld:. Mou, Wenger, Del Bosque

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how many managers looks at Mata and go :ld:. Mou, Wenger, Del Bosque
Didn't Wenger try to sign him?

His next manager will have to accept his weaknesses as a player and give him a free role.