Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't Wenger try to sign him?

His next manager will have to accept his weaknesses as a player and give him a free role.
Nah, we was linked with him the same way we are for 100 players at a time. Mata issued a come and get me plea to wenger. Wenger dithered for a couple weeks and then you man brought him. I remember it vividly because I remember being :aicmon: when you brought him.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Nah, we was linked with him the same way we are for 100 players at a time. Mata issued a come and get me plea to wenger. Wenger dithered for a couple weeks and then you man brought him. I remember it vividly because I remember being :aicmon: when you brought him.

And its not like Wenger is gonna outbid on a player that wasn't crucial. Seemed crucial at the time.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't know why Wiki has him listed at 5'9.
Utd mugs already inflating stats on Wiki :mjlol:

Dithering on a cut-price Mata but signing an overrated bum Ozil for 43m.

And he has a reputation for being frugal :mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mata's height isn't even the issue. Hazard is the same size and Willian isn't much taller, but they're much quicker, stronger and have better stamina which allows them to play the way Mourinho wants.

I feel sorry for Mata because he has tried hard as fack in some games to play the way Mourinho wants but he's just too small, weak and slow. The manager clearly isn't going to give him a free role so he's going to sell him.

I really think Mourinho wanted to sell him in the summer but the supporters would've went nuts so he had to give it a year before offloading him, then he can say I tried :manny:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Didn't Wenger try to sign him?

His next manager will have to accept his weaknesses as a player and give him a free role.

He was, 2011. It was him and Santi. Santi said this week his deal in 2011 fell apart because of Cesc not getting sold quickly enough.

Think Ozil showed if Wenger wants a player, he will pay the fee. He balked at Mata 18-23 million. From all accounts Wenger felt some type of way and didn't green light the move.

I was at Caribana and then I got to US-Can border and saw the news and cried.