Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:usure:

you brehs got shyt sports doctors. :heh:

Besides Golf & Football, the rest of the professional sports in Britian didnt really start becoming properly professional/having money pumped into their various sports, till the mid 90's and onwards. And Sports Science has only been taken seriously over hurrr in the last 10-15 years or so. And in terms of drugs, we lost out on the all the former communist eastern bloc doctors, when them countries started to break up in the late 80's and early 90's. We still 10-20 years behind all the other major power nations in that field.

Last edited:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Still can't find a journalism internship I am absolutely finished brehs. I might as well not even graduate :flabbynsick:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Is he seriously going from playing in the CL to heading back to the MLS? I mean sure bring power to the MLS, national pride, help big up the league, but for real, is this real life?

Its clearly a money move. He was only making 800K euros with Roma.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Is he seriously going from playing in the CL to heading back to the MLS? I mean sure bring power to the MLS, national pride, help big up the league, but for real, is this real life?

drink.gif

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Still can't find a journalism internship I am absolutely finished brehs. I might as well not even graduate :flabbynsick:

Do you even like journalism? (Have I asked this?) Of all the fields I feel like journalism you need an unending passion to do it (same with a lot of things, but like Spinoza said somewhere on here a lot of people don't have passions but that's another day another post) Even the hacks to some extent show a passion for it.

When I think of journalism I think of Alexander Cockburn writing for Penthouse and the editor of Penthouse asking him, "is your hate pure?" That's something I feel serious journalists should ask themselves every day, given how vital journalism is.

So in short don't let an internship hold you back, especially if it your passion, if it's not yeah cut your ties m8

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I’m almost 20 and haven’t been able to score a better job than a fukking cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that’ll hire high school graduates. I’d get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I’ve failed every damn test I’ve ever taken. I’m socially awkward, even my only other co-worker fukking hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she’s athletic, smart, and a gorgeous southern bell. I love her. You know what it’s like; I’ve been friend zoned real hard. She’s my only best friend, besides this one kid, who I’m pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he’s the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all worse is that I live in a fukking pineapple under the sea.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
No offense but you took a major risk choosing that major breh. :ufdup:
Allow. I can't do anything related to math and science so it was the best choice. When I tell people I'm a journalism major they atleast look at me like I have some sort of prestige like :ohhh: Imagine the looks I'd get if I said I was a art history major :mike:

Do you even like journalism? (Have I asked this?) Of all the fields I feel like journalism you need an unending passion to do it (same with a lot of things, but like Spinoza said somewhere on here a lot of people don't have passions but that's another day another post) Even the hacks to some extent show a passion for it.

When I think of journalism I think of Alexander Cockburn writing for Penthouse and the editor of Penthouse asking him, "is your hate pure?" That's something I feel serious journalists should ask themselves every day, given how vital journalism is.

So in short don't let an internship hold you back, especially if it your passion, if it's not yeah cut your ties m8
The way my school is set up we don't have a broadcasting major which is what I want to do. Most soccer commentators started out as journalists and then became commentators so that was the path I wanted to take. I DO NOT have a passion for writing and that's what's fukking me pause but I think it will be a stepping stone so I wanna stick with it as much as possible. I actually wanted to right about politics and that kinda stuff but it's really all pointless :flabbynisck:

I’m almost 20 and haven’t been able to score a better job than a fukking cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that’ll hire high school graduates. I’d get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I’ve failed every damn test I’ve ever taken. I’m socially awkward, even my only other co-worker fukking hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she’s athletic, smart, and a gorgeous southern bell. I love her. You know what it’s like; I’ve been friend zoned real hard. She’s my only best friend, besides this one kid, who I’m pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he’s the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all worse is that I live in a fukking pineapple under the sea.
This fool hea :heh: