Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
To be fair, though, Gambino performed on the main stage (daytime of course) after Camp dropped. I'd say Chance is farther along career wise now than he was at that point. Though...in saying that, the Camp tour was a proper success and Gambino was doing 5k venues.

So yeah, shyt, this Chance movement is fukking strange.

I don't know who The Replacements are.
I love "Reflektor", but Arcade Fire are pretty shyt live, and especially can't perform any of those songs live.
fukk yeah Outkast.
THE fukkING KINFE YES. I'm going to need youtube footage of "Heartbeats" being performed.
Chvrches are horrible live :sadcam:
Lorde has more than one song to perform? :usure:
Muse, Kast, and The Knife are prolly the ones who will kick over the buildings. Tons of acts I like but I know are just horrible to see live, which just isn't the point of a giant festival. Glastonbury is much better about getting acts who can actually deliver a good stage show.

Great fukking year for DJ's, though. Hot Since 82, my baby Nina Kraviz, Duke Dumont, Solomun, DJ Falcon, Nicole Moudaber, Bicep, Clasixx, Martinez brothers :blessed: Hope some of those sets find their way out.

Isn't Camp Gambino's second album though? Chance doesn't even have an album nor is he signed, just 2 mixtapes.

Chvrches is bad live? I was gonna go see them in April too :ffs:

I've listened to a little bit of the replacements, band from the 80s.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
i looked up this chance, how has he got 400k twitter followers off being a mixtape rapper, never even heard of the guy

~industry plant~

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Isn't Camp Gambino's second album though? Chance doesn't even have an album nor is he signed, just 2 mixtapes.

Chvrches is bad live? I was gonna go see them in April too :ffs:

I've listened to a little bit of the replacements, band from the 80s.
I fukked up. Never seen Chvrches live. It's HAIM who are atrocious.

concise

Veteran
Daps
:to: shyt beautiful

is this Jackson Martinez breh any good? Or just another FIFA creation?

I always thought he was pretty good at Chiapas when I watched the Mexican league a lot some years back. What's he up to now?

concise

Veteran
Daps
I forgot he was at Porto recently. Arsenal target now. :ehh: Good progress, not surprised.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Im skeptical of any top 10 economic country or territory that can't develop a sprinter

:usure: :ufdup:

They do develop (men) sprinters to a certain point, but they dont kick on to the next level. Jr level they as good if not better than the American counterparts Since US last Jr 100m Champ back in 2004, Britian have had 2 World Champs at that level.. The main reason to why because like the footballers, when they show any potential, they all become injury prone as soon as they hit their early 20's. Its probably because of their lifestyle and/or the training in the cold climates fukks them up. And when they do do warm weather training its about for 2 months then they come back to the UK, to compete in the indoor and then the outdoor seasons for their clubs and then on the circuit.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Daniel Harris with the ETHER.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/08/david-moyes-alex-ferguson-manchester-united

The sickness of following a football team demands many sacrifices – the list includes jobs, marriages, friendships and lives. As such, it is unsurprising that Sir Alex Ferguson, having retired as manager of Manchester United, can find little more to do than watch Manchester United. And why shouldn't he? If David Moyes is cowed by his presence he is in the wrong job, just as Wilf McGuinness and Frank O'Farrell were when intimidated by Sir Matt Busby, his presence used by Ferguson to inspire and advise.

Nonetheless, it is impossible to assess the club's current disarray without apportioning chunks of blame in Ferguson's direction; like many greats, his strengths also manifest as weaknesses.

Most significant is the club's takeover in 2005. Before it, Ferguson had been urgent in his opposition – one that, had it sustained, might even have prevented the banks from lending the money required for its completion. But, at the time, his position was weaker than in a generation. United were mired in a second consecutive season of misery, the BBC had cast aspersions over transfer dealings involving his son Jason (which Sir Alex strongly challenged), and he developed an entirely avoidable to-do with two club directors, John Magnier and JP McManus, who openly challenged him before selling their shares. Brilliant opportunist and decisive decision-maker, he realised his value and quickly consolidated.

Since then, hundreds of millions of pounds have left the club, the consequence a hideously underfunded playing staff – which, in typical style, Ferguson turned into one of his greatest triumphs. Unable to compete with the heaviest spenders, he compensated for a relatively weak first XI by compiling a squad of variety and depth, the achievement he extracted from it baffling many observers. But this new method required twiddling so intricate as to be operable by him alone, the sum of parts now reflecting individual values.

Of course, the technical was underpinned by the interpersonal via an enveloping presence of love, fury and wisdom. The reverence with which his players regarded him was of moving, almost disquieting intensity, such that for a successor to succeed from the outset, comparable skills were essential. Instead, a very different man was appointed, lacking not only magnetism but achievements, and in this aspect, Ferguson misjudged his influence: force of personality can work only to a point, and when you're gone, you're gone. He may have implored supporters and players to believe in David Moyes, but with him at one remove, plenty of both now trust their judgment over his.

It is hard not to view his role in the appointment with a soupçon of suspicion. Very few leaders are afforded the opportunity to leave on their own terms, fewer still able to pick their replacement – yet, somehow, Ferguson managed not only this, but purloined the entire process, to the consternation of José Mourinho. And it does not take much to imagine Mourinho breezing into Old Trafford and immediately subsuming it, nor making two European Cups in 18 attempts look like professional negligence.

Conversely, Moyes worried about his attire after being summoned to attend Ferguson's house, where he was informed of – not offered – his new status. In thrall to and grateful for an opportunity he most likely did not anticipate, it is not hard to imagine the exchange envisaged as the start of a master-disciple relationship. Moyes, though, quickly showed that his is the only opinion that counts, replacing the existing coaching staff despite advice to the contrary.

Nor was he impressed with what he was left – or, put another way, Fergie's retirement was a smart move. Though the squad contains plenty of good players playing inexcusably badly, very few are at their peak, there is no discernible midfield, and little in the way of star quality; even Wayne Rooney, though good compared with those around him, is rather less so when compared with himself.

Moyes must be grateful that he is at United at all, a demob happy Ferguson getting in one last kick by reporting a transfer request that Rooney says was never issued – unsettling the process, unsettling the squad, and determining that time be expended persuading him to stay. Similarly, Fergie had also encouraged Nani to relocate – Moyes quickly awarded him a new contract – and spent part of the transfer budget on a replacement, Wilfried Zaha, who now cannot get a game.

One of Ferguson's most famous aphorisms was about knocking Liverpool off their perch – a responsibility that Liverpool fans rejoinder resides with Graeme Souness. And though there is truth in both claims, the decline began under Kenny Dalglish: key players were allowed to age together and, partly because of budgetary constraints, replaced by players of inferior quality. Dalglish still took advantage of undemanding opposition to coax them to a valedictory title but the decay was evident long before it was effective.

Despite the similarities, the game has changed enough since then such that it would be a surprise if United endured as lengthy a barren spell – but significant blame for the prospect resides with the genius who gave the club joy beyond comprehension.

:ohlawd::

:umad: United fans who are in denial, blaming Moyez completely
Just need a respectable pundit to come out with blame Fergie and it will be :banderas:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:patrice: so whats the point of paying so much money for a player riding the bench in Europe?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
or signing the 3rd best (old)striker from another team for 12 million :mjlol:

:ufdup:

The actual transfer was 11m +1m add on over 4 year payments Uncle Festa style, so the club only paid 2.5m to Juve this year/season. Nor will Juve ever see the whole 11 m for Matri from Uncle Festa or Babs or whoever takes over in the summer as the Sporting Director

And if you check your stats whuch you dont but I advise you do in the future, if you going to converse with me, Matri had a better goals to mins ratio then the other Juve strikers from last season (Im not sayin the transfer was right), but lets not try and and come with the aids infected hooker with the heart of gold, which is the greatest story ever told, to push your agenda and that I just shytted on you and your team for payin 7m for a homeless breh who balled at THE HOMELESS WORLD CUP, atleast Matri has 5 proper/real Italian international caps behind. But hey when you getting your information from the cretins and plebs of the R&B forum, where most of them don t really know football and get all giddy and overrate the fukk out of Milan players then yeah you need better sources Ghost Broussard.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:usure: :ufdup:

They do develop (men) sprinters to a certain point, but they dont kick on to the next level. Jr level they as good if not better than the American counterparts Since US last Jr 100m Champ back in 2004, Britian have had 2 World Champs at that level.. The main reason to why because like the footballers, when they show any potential, they all become injury prone as soon as they hit their early 20's. Its probably because of their lifestyle and/or the training in the cold climates fukks them up. And when they do do warm weather training its about for 2 months then they come back to the UK, to compete in the indoor and then the outdoor seasons for their clubs and then on the circuit.

Partly why I said that fam.

I hear all that logic but I'm talking about drugs breh. Britain's PED game ain't seeing the US, Spain, or Chinese. Even Jamaica laughing at the British Isles.